shape
carat
color
clarity

Summer Pearls

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else think of their pearls as "summer pearls" or "winter pearls?" Well, of course I do sometimes wear black pearls in the summer or pink pearls in the winter but it's just how I think of them.

Thought it would be fun to start a summer pearls thread. Feel free to post yours!

I just ordered this from Catherine Cardellini. It reminds me of the puka shell necklaces that were so popular in the seventies, but updated for grown ups. Now this is a summery strand!

It's about 9-10mm including belly drilled keshis, and 17 inches. Can't wait to get it.

cc1.jpg

cc3.jpg

And of course the white ripples from POJ last year:

white_ripple_neckshot_1.jpg

And the new keshi rope (PP):

3557_3_1_.jpg

And tropical looking earrings on the way!

4845_1_1_.jpg

Yup, I've been naughty lately. Which of yours do you think of as summer pearls?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I tend to wear more of my "fashion" pearl necklaces rather then my more substantial pieces during summer. It gets so bloody hot down here I don't like to wear anything to heavy so the lighter long layered pearls work nice.

fullsizerender-23.jpg

fullsizerender_3_3.jpg

fullsizerender-6_4.jpg

fullsizerender-43_1.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I do love that strand you got! Catherine has such whimsical designs. There are a few pieces of hers that I have been eyeing!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
my summer pearls/turquoise from CC last summer....had her rework this piece to get more length and a multi-color strand from another vendor

67_inch_rope__119_from_patriciasaabdesignes_on_etsy_4.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
It's been quite warm here lately (summery!) so this looks like a most appropriate thread.

I think my multicolour FWs and my new PP blue akoyas are my more summery pearls. And my PP white ripples, I guess.

_29897.jpg

_29898.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1430694943|3871694 said:
my summer pearls/turquoise from CC last summer....had her rework this piece to get more length and a multi-color strand from another vendor

Movie zombie, I love that pearls and turquoise necklace! Do you happen to have a neck shot?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I definitely have pearl pieces that I wear primarily in the summer. I wear a lot more of my pendants in the summer. They seem cooler than an entire pearl necklace.

My pink and lavender Kasumi keshi rope will be making an appearance soon. It is a summer color for me.

Also, my pearl and rubber bracelets don't get worn much in the winter. Too difficult to get coats and long sleeves over them.

todaykamoka_1.jpg

today_14.jpg

today_15.jpg

today_16.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tucs|1430698517|3871708 said:
movie zombie|1430694943|3871694 said:

Movie zombie, I love that pearls and turquoise necklace! Do you happen to have a neck shot?

and reworked I think it is even better but sorry, no, I don't have a neck shot.........if I get a moment i'll try and get one....or at least a picture of it after the rework.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I tend to wear pendants and tin cups in the summer -- it gets sticky hot here, and they rinse easily.

Fly Girl, I love those rubber bracelets! Do they call that a love knot? They are striking!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ooh Fly girl....that rubber bracelet .. How Fun is that !!??!! Very original design ! How does the tubing end up under the pearl? Does it go into the metal 'button' like bit? I'm always curious as to how things go together :think:

As for summer pearls...I usually wear two lightweight ropes of white pearls..sort of 'harvest' style.. very relaxed look either long or doubled .

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful colours and designs! I will restring 2 pale peach strands with some colour beads, I think it'll make a nice summer strand.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, here are one of my favorite warmer weather pearls. Metallics from PP.

_29913.jpg

pearlparadisemetallics4.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fun topic! In theory it's almost summer all year round where I'm located but here are my picks:

My harvest strand
image_3450.jpg

Circled t pendant n charm bracelet
image_3451.jpg

Wave strand
image_3453.jpg

Bluish Wssp pendant
image_3454.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I wanted a little keshi strand for summer, so I whipped this up last night with some leftovers from previous projects. They aren't the highest quality, but are fun. Mix of keshis and reborn keshis in varying colors and MM

fullsizerender_64.jpg

fullsizerender_1_22.jpg

fun summer colors

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1430746641|3871874 said:
I wanted a little keshi strand for summer, so I whipped this up last night with some leftovers from previous projects. They aren't the highest quality, but are fun. Mix of keshis and reborn keshis in varying colors and MM

fullsizerender_64.jpg

fullsizerender_1_22.jpg

fun summer colors

Love this on you. So pretty! I have a strand of keshis too but I totally forgot about them lol. Thanks for reminding me. Here's the only pic I have- my dh is wearing them. I agree these are very spring/summer/autumn.

pearlsondh.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread and gorgeous photos! I definitely feel my pearls are seasonal with pinky ones being summer and dark tahitians winter. This reminds me that I need to restring my CC ripples. The silk thread ripped last fall and I still haven't gotten around to fixing it.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Icy Jade, everytime I look at your collection my heart flutters! Your pieces are stunning. I seriously envy your tahitian wave strand and charm bracelet!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
missy|1430747318|3871880 said:
ckrickett|1430746641|3871874 said:

fullsizerender_64.jpg

fullsizerender_1_22.jpg

fun summer colors

Love this on you. So pretty! I have a strand of keshis too but I totally forgot about them lol. Thanks for reminding me. Here's the only pic I have- my dh is wearing them. I agree these are very spring/summer/autumn.

Thank you!

and your DH looks dashing in a tux and pearls! ;))

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
katbran|1430729188|3871797 said:
Ooh Fly girl....that rubber bracelet .. How Fun is that !!??!! Very original design ! How does the tubing end up under the pearl? Does it go into the metal 'button' like bit? I'm always curious as to how things go together :think:

Thank you, katbran. Here is a photo showing the metal base. I purchased the golden South Sea baroque from Sarah at Kojima and the bracelet was made by T Lee of Minneapolis in sterling. The base was custom for this pearl, although T has had the bracelet design for some time.

tleebraceletkojimagolden7.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh thanks very much for that FlyGirl..really interesting. Looks like the pins go up through the rubber. I thought it must be something other than glue but it was such an interesting connection what with the pearl connector on top. I love it..very cleverly done ! :appl: So nice to see original work.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1430750932|3871926 said:
Icy Jade, everytime I look at your collection my heart flutters! Your pieces are stunning. I seriously envy your tahitian wave strand and charm bracelet!

Oh yes Icy, how is that glorious wave strand?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1430831920|3872367 said:

Thank you ckrickett and Frost Me! I've not been wearing chains or necklaces for a while... Not since my son nearly broke a gold chain by yanking hard on it (he did break some links...). So I occasionally take my pearls out to admire briefly... That's all. :((

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I love wearing my Edisons, my white ripples, and my tin cups during summer. I also love to layer pearls with turquoise. I have a beautiful turq multi strand necklace that I twist with my 6.5mm akoyas...the irregular shapes of the turq nuggets agains the very round, white pearls looks wonderful.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1430840252|3872438 said:
Frost Me|1430831920|3872367 said:

Thank you ckrickett and Frost Me! I've not been wearing chains or necklaces for a while... Not since my son nearly broke a gold chain by yanking hard on it (he did break some links...). So I occasionally take my pearls out to admire briefly... That's all. :((

I find that if I wear my necklaces around my daughters (18 and 21), they are tempted to yank at them...but for very different reasons! Enjoy the time while he is little, you have a lifetime left to wear your pearls!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my freshwater white ropes a lot in the summer. My baroque T's are a bit too dark and heavy. Plus, I don't want to get sunscreen on them. I also bought a strand of the baby ripples from POJ that I am debating on...I'm not 100% convinced that the pastels look good on me, but I thought that they looked summery too.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade
:love: your wave strand . . . . do you have any pictures of what it looks like on?

What do you ware it with?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Every time I see this topic, I think of the humorous response to whether their diamonds are real or CZ ... "Are those real diamonds?" "These are my summer diamonds. Some are diamonds, some are not." :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results