shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions requested for setting pearl + diamond earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

As you may have seen on my collection thread, I have this pair of beautiful golden drop-shaped SS pearls (abt 14-15m long and 12-13mm wide). I also have a bunch of loose RB diamonds (23 pointers, 40 pointers and lots of 4 pointers). I'd like to have them set into dangly earrings (but not very long dangly ones) and would welcome your suggestions RE the setting. I'd love to be able to use some or all of my loose diamonds (which are currently sitting at the back of my wardrobe gathering dust). If not, I'd be prepared to have the jeweller use their own diamonds to set them.

My budget is up to USD2k.(Oh, and I also have two 1ct each pear-shaped diamonds, which are currently in a pair of jackets. I'm prepared to use those pears too if necessary).

I'd love to hear your suggestions, with or without photos. Suggestions from vendors are also welcome.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one?! Anyone?
7.gif

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 9:06:36 AM
Author: Phoenix
No one?! Anyone?
7.gif
Don''t be sad Phoenix! How about these? Two pears connected with a round, and your 4 pointers surrounding your pearls. I''ll look for some more.

Diamond Pearl Earrings.jpg

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 9:28:46 AM
Author: brightlight

Date: 10/15/2009 9:06:36 AM
No one?! Anyone?
7.gif
Don''t be sad Phoenix! How about these? Two pears connected with a round, and your 4 pointers surrounding your pearls. I''ll look for some more.
I guess your pears are too big for these. Maybe pave rounds then?

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Phoenix,

How about danglys with first the pear upside down, followed by a 40 pt, then a 23 pt, another 40, another 23, another 40 and another 23 then the golden pearl?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I would love the look of clustered diamonds with mixed shapes with very high luster pearls. This uses other gems, but is sort of the look I was talking about. link!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, everyone, for responding with your ideas and suggstions, esp Brightlight who took the time to post so many ideas. They're all so wonderful!
1.gif

I'm going to discuss these ideas with my jeweller and see that they suggest.

SimplySplendid, I'll be back in SG next week. I'll ask Bonne to put the pearls and the stones together and see what she thinks. Btw, my gemstones are being held up .....some obscure Chinese regulations about importing jewellery over 1,000 Yuan!! That's like USD150 - collectively, not by item!! So stupid!!
29.gif
. I was and am perfectly prepared to pay customs' duty, as I did in SG, but no that's not good enough!!
29.gif
. They may have to be sent back to Mastercut gems and Dana may then have to send them to a friend in SG somehow. We're still trying to see if FedEx can help me clear customs but I'm not holding out much hope. So I won't be able to ask Canary to set them for me this time after all!
7.gif

OooOh so many possibilities! I can''t wait to see what you come up with.. (I''m a fan of lots and lots of diamonds
28.gif
)

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 10:31:28 PM
Thank you so much, everyone, for responding with your ideas and suggstions, esp Brightlight who took the time to post so many ideas. They''re all so wonderful!
1.gif

I''m going to discuss these ideas with my jeweller and see that they suggest.

SimplySplendid, I''ll be back in SG next week. I''ll ask Bonne to put the pearls and the stones together and see what she thinks. Btw, my gemstones are being held up .....some obscure Chinese regulations about importing jewellery over 1,000 Yuan!! That''s like USD150 - collectively, not by item!! So stupid!!
29.gif
. I was and am perfectly prepared to pay customs'' duty, as I did in SG, but no that''s not good enough!!
29.gif
. They may have to be sent back to Mastercut gems and Dana may then have to send them to a friend in SG somehow. We''re still trying to see if FedEx can help me clear customs but I''m not holding out much hope. So I won''t be able to ask Canary to set them for me this time after all!
7.gif
Yikes, I hate it when things are being retained by customs. I hope it gets to you safely in Singapore.
ooh... beware, stepping into Canary is like entering the abyss, it''s hard to stop going there again with all the gemmies. I find it quite hard to just step in, get my things done and step out. I often end up sitting there chatting with them for 2-3 hours and end up buying something.

Your new pearls are gorgeous. I can even see the reflection of you and your camera on them!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2009 8:07:00 PM
Author: simplysplendid

Date: 10/15/2009 10:31:28 PM
Thank you so much, everyone, for responding with your ideas and suggstions, esp Brightlight who took the time to post so many ideas. They''re all so wonderful!
1.gif

I''m going to discuss these ideas with my jeweller and see that they suggest.

SimplySplendid, I''ll be back in SG next week. I''ll ask Bonne to put the pearls and the stones together and see what she thinks. Btw, my gemstones are being held up .....some obscure Chinese regulations about importing jewellery over 1,000 Yuan!! That''s like USD150 - collectively, not by item!! So stupid!!
29.gif
. I was and am perfectly prepared to pay customs'' duty, as I did in SG, but no that''s not good enough!!
29.gif
. They may have to be sent back to Mastercut gems and Dana may then have to send them to a friend in SG somehow. We''re still trying to see if FedEx can help me clear customs but I''m not holding out much hope. So I won''t be able to ask Canary to set them for me this time after all!
7.gif
Yikes, I hate it when things are being retained by customs. I hope it gets to you safely in Singapore.
ooh... beware, stepping into Canary is like entering the abyss, it''s hard to stop going there again with all the gemmies. I find it quite hard to just step in, get my things done and step out. I often end up sitting there chatting with them for 2-3 hours and end up buying something.

Your new pearls are gorgeous. I can even see the reflection of you and your camera on them!
Thank you for your kind reassuring word. I hope so too.

Canary sounds so nice. I''m looking forward to going there and meeting Bonne. On the other hand though, is it really such a good idea for me to go there? DH doesn''t seem to think so, LOL!
2.gif
I''m already spending a ton of money on diamonds and pearls. Not sure if it''s a good idea to spend more money?!
3.gif
1.gif

Thank you for your sweet compliment. You know, I didn''t notice the reflection until you mentioned it, so funny!!!
1.gif

Have you set any more of yr gorgeous gemstones? Bought anything else recently? Enquiring mind (oh ok, nosy, he he) mind wants to know?!
2.gif
1.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, fun project! How about a pear diamond, point side down at the top (other prong set or bezeled), then a few links of chain, then a small round bezeled diamond, a few more links of chain, then the golden drops. It would also work with a larger bezeled round at the top instead of the pears.

If you want longer earrings, maybe the pear (point down) at the top, then a small bezeled round, then a round white pearl (bigger than the round diamonds, but significantly smaller than the golden pearls -- maybe 5-6 mm), then another bezeled round the same size as the first, then the golden pearls. These Tiffany Swing Drop earrings inspired me: http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=21597856&mcat=148206&cid=288201&search_params=s+5-p+3-c+288201-r+101287464-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 10:05:39 AM
Author: brightlight
1.gif
Brightlight, where did you find those diamond hoops with the gray pearl drops? I love them.
30.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix, check out Cartier.com for inspiration. They have some gorgeous pearl necklaces and earrings. One pair has a small circle of diamonds at the ear lobe, then a "chain" of 6 or 7 tiny diamonds, then a white drop shaped pearl.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, did you manage to set those pearls? What design did you choose? Please post pictures when you do get them.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay,

Thank you for all the lovely suggestions. I will check them out.
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/26/2009 6:33:10 PM
Author: simplysplendid
Hello, did you manage to set those pearls? What design did you choose? Please post pictures when you do get them.
Hi there Simplysplendid,

I didn''t manage to go back to Singapore last few weeks, unfortunately.

I''m still planning to go there in November. Will def post pics once they''re done.

Thanks for asking.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results