shape
carat
color
clarity

Something a little different for me

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I've been window shopping at Kojima (never bought anything from Sarah before) and have decided to try something new. I purchased these pearls which are vintage Akoyas with Kasumi ripples in a long rope.

"This necklace features vintage Japan Akoya and baroque Japan Kasumi pearls strung for a classic multi-layered look. The natural color cream Akoya pearls vary in size from 6-8.5mm with some natural dimpling and fine luster. The Japan Kasumi pearls vary from 10.4 -10.9mm with an iridescent light pink natural color, natural rippling. The 41" necklace can be worn long or doubled for two different looks."

I really like the way the strand is designed and the colors are dreamy. One of the reasons I wanted to get this is I've been enamored with all of the gorgeous torsades (tornados!) lately and thought I could combine this with my white SS round and keshi rope to create my own! Or just wear it by itself! Oh I wish the weather would get cooler so I could bring out the turtlenecks!

k_6.jpg

k2.jpg

k3.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not pink!!!

Otherwise, nice find.

DK :bigsmile:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are really nice. I like the soft creamy yellow colour and the classic vintage styling. Can't wait to see it on you!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I like it twisted!!!

I agree with everything except for wishing for cold weather.

Excited to see neck shots.

I haven't bought from Sarah yet, either. She was so lovely at the Ruckus!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Pkin love your new pretties. Sarah is really sweet, creative and wonderful to work with and has vast knowledge of pearls. Watch for the interview NL and I did at the ruckus with her. We talk Kasumi pearls.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pkin...very pretty ! Love the soft creamy colours!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Pkinnew, I love your new necklace. The colors and sizes is very different. Sarah has the best selection of Kasumi's around.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
My jaw just hit the floor!!! Absolutely stunning!!! :love: :love: :love: I am thrilled for you!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I admired this strand on her site, too Pkinnew! I think it's a gorgeous piece, love the colors, sizes and textures. Can't wait to see it on you!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous new necklace. I can't wait to see neck shots.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are lovely. They have a very soft feminine feel to them. :love: Can't wait to see it on you!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I received this necklace and fell in love with it at first sight! No need to for the pearls to "wake up"! I love the colors of the Akoyas, the random way the various sizes are arranged with the Kasumi ripples and the versatility! I learned something from Sarah too. Akoya pearls many times come in these shades of ivory to butter but then are bleached because that is more popular. These are older pearls she has (born before out time lol!) and I think they are amazing! Fun!

_22218.jpg

_22219.jpg

_22220.jpg

_22221.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pkinnew!! These are lovely!! The luster is fantastic and these are the colors that I'm so drawn to. The arrangement is very interesting and looks great on you-- enjoy!

Edited to add, I see the pink in those ripples : )

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Pkinnew, I've been admiring that unique strand on Sarah's site ... it's even more lovely on you in real life! Congratulations! I was so lucky to meet Sarah at the Ruckus, and to be working with her on a project or 2 ... as 4RanchGirl said, she is beautiful, talented and just a really terrific person :) Enjoy your new strand; it's really "one of a kind"!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I am green with envy. Those look amazing on you! Both styles are drop-dead gorgeous on you.

Enjoy and wear in good health!!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Pkin love both ways you have styled it. It is really going to be a fun but elegant one to wear. Enjoy :appl: :appl: :appl:

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful design! I especially love this one long in your photos, although gorgeous worn any way, I am certain!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
The origins and arrangement of the pearls make it such a unique piece. I love the way it looks on you -- both ways.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks more beautiful in your pictures than in the glamour shots, and fantastic on you. :appl:

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
that is true - that amazing rope looks even better on you than the glamour shots! just beautiful buttery bubbles!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Looks gorgeous when worn twisted. I do agree that it looks better on you than the bust. :appl:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I plan on wearing it next week so I'll take better shots then (these turned out too dark as usual for me!).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results