shape
carat
color
clarity

So I bought some new stuff...

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
that Tahitain wave strand is just the loveliest thing Icy Jade. Those colours! it would be my dream necklace.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Crdkeshi: thanks for sharing your story about the 'Russian doll' pearl! I'm so happy to see it on my wrist whenever I wear the bracelet. :)

Gemzy: thanks and I'll be sure to post more IRL pics when I get it back. It's strung and ready but I don't have time to collect it till next week! :wall:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1416452354|3786917 said:
Christmas time always makes me want pearls. I wonder why, must be the season!

:halo:

Dear Niel,
What doesn't make us want pearls???!!!!
I have so many that I'm seriously considering getting rid of the neglected strands (keep an eye out on Pre-Loved!), and still I want more!

Icy Jade - stunning pearls and thanks for the sharing these beauties with us!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I am speechless!! So many beauties - each more glorious than the last!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you rosebloom n periwinklegirl. ::)

-------

I've been having fun with the charm bracelet and just wanted to share a pic that I took this afternoon. I'm a lucky lucky girl to have scooped up so many of these special pearls. They look luscious right? It's too bad that not all the links in the bracelet can be opened (only alternate links can open - so just 8 links and you can see from the pic which ones as they are the ones with charms) else I may buy more pearls. But a dozen sounds like a nice round number...

image_2645.jpg

I haven't collected the wave strand nor my new earrings (the GSSP n Tahitian pairs as detachable drops with diamond huggies) so I've more goodies to look forward to although I didn't get anything during the bf sales! :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't understand how the charms attach to the bracelet before!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1417359718|3792774 said:
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't understand how the charms attach to the bracelet before!

If you look at the picture above you can see some lines along the links? That's where they open (inwards) and you can then slip the charms that are set on eye pins in. Btw I bought the longer (8 inch vs 7.25 inch) bracelet and the difference is 2 additional non-openable links.

Realized that I missed posting the glamor shots of some of the pearls:

image_2646.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Icyjade, :wavy: What will be the finished length of the Wave Strand? Did I miss that post?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Icy Jade, you have so many stunning new pieces, I hardly know where to begin! My favorites are:

1. Pair of loose Tahitian drops from Golay Singapore - 11.9 mm -- The colors are so stunning. I look forward to seeing these set.
2. Pair of loose GSSP drops from Golay Singapore – goldens aren’t usually my thing, but the color and shape of these drops are just so perfect.
3. Wave strand – I think this will look great as a lariat using the Orbit clasps.
4. Triple blue baroque akoya – three rows of icy blue = yum!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So many beauties but I love the Tahitian strand from Go lay the most :appl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me: I forgot to measure before stringing but it's slightly more that 43 inches with the orbit clasps and about 42 inches excluding the clasp. So I'm guessing that it was 39 inches (100 cm) before stringing.

Kay: Thanks for liking my new pearls. I'm really excited about the setting for the Tahitian n GSSP pair. It's supposed to look like this but with slightly smaller diamond accents on the eye pin.

image_2654.jpg

Thecat: thanks n lots of pics in my next post! ::)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Very pastel IRL.

Didn't manage to catch good lighting conditions today but I'm just so excited to share some pics:
(More vibrant colors IRL of course)

image_2655.jpg

image_2656.jpg

image_2657.jpg

image_2658.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Couldn't wear as a lariat cos I could squeeze the clasp past the pearls but I thought Bsomlo would like a pic. :)

image_2659.jpg

image_2660.jpg

image_2661.jpg

Ok, that's all for today, but I'll post more pics when I finally manage to catch good lighting!
Hope I don't bore you guys but these babies don't get much love from the people I meet IRL (sigh!). :sick:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that strand is just fabulous!!! :love: :love: :love:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh! I am in love! :love: :love: :love:

Everything is fantastic about this strand, including the luster, the colours, the size variations, and the number of different looks you can create based on how you arrange it! I've been telling DH that if we win the 649, we're going to Golay!!!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: Oh I love it long in the picture, and doubled on your neck so much, it is perfection. Please send more! :love: :love: :love: :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Litgeek n Frost me!

Cmd: what's 649? Yes come to Singapore or go to Kobe... My ultimate dream is to raid the Hinata/Andy Mueller vaults along with those belonging to SSP wholesalers in Kobe.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning, icy jade. And I really like it long, looks awesome, as well as doubled. And of course you're not boring anyone here, please post more photos!

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
i'm living vicariously through you icyjade. :) LOVE your stuff, i think the most fun piece is that bracelet - you know, i'm sure if the need arose, a good jeweler could figure out how to get plenty more pearls on it.
and those pastel colors and shapes and sizes! WOWOWOW!!!!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy, FANTASTIC neck shots!!!

I like the 3rd picture of you wearing it doubled with the clasp showing. The arrangement of the pearls and sizes is most pleasing in that shot.

The lariat is stunning. Can you figure out how to make that work, or are you okay without having that option?

My absolute favorite style may be the long style. Elegant, modern, sleek and colorful.

Congratulations and wear in health!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, I am not bored at all! I will happily adore your pearls in as many photos as you can provide.

Your wave necklace is extraordinary. I think I like it best long, so the full pattern is visible, but like it doubled, too. I think it would look great as a lariat. I use my orbit clasps to make lariats 2 ways: at first, I was using a shortener to connect the clasp to the strand, then I figured out how to wiggle the clasp onto the strand directly by getting the opening at just the right angle. I don't want to photo bomb your thread, but I'll add 2 pictures to show what I mean.

Lariat with shortener:

Lariat without shortener:

I bet a YG shortener with rounded edges would look good with the Orbit links to make a lariat. Something like this: http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-90-pearl-shortener-14k-gold.aspx

lariat_0.jpg

lariat_double_without_1.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1417528897|3793821 said:
Frost Me: I forgot to measure before stringing but it's slightly more that 43 inches with the orbit clasps and about 42 inches excluding the clasp. So I'm guessing that it was 39 inches (100 cm) before stringing.

Kay: Thanks for liking my new pearls. I'm really excited about the setting for the Tahitian n GSSP pair. It's supposed to look like this but with slightly smaller diamond accents on the eye pin.

image_2654.jpg

42-43" is my sweet spot for a rope, given my height and neck size: long enough to hang past the bust line and to create a double that is not tight to the neck.

Thanks for sharing that image of the earring setting -- I just saved it to my inspiration file. I would like to get a pair of diamond huggie earrings that I can wear alone or with interchangeable drops, and the diamond accent on the eyepin is a great option. What size diamonds do you plan to use for the eyepins?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Tucs n Juliabeth: Thanks! Here's one taken in the office today. Was on a conference call n a tad bored so I took it off n played with it. For some reason the photo came out yellowish. I took it against a white piece of paper. While I was playing with it I realized that this strand reminds me of those mixed ssps n tahitian strands cos of the yellow (like GSSPs) and silver (like wssps) pearls.

Considering that this is taken under fluorescent lighting, I thought the pearls didn't look too bad:
image_2664.jpg

Bsomlo: I need a shortener to wear it lariat style but I've misplaced my shortener. :oops:

Kay: Photobomb away! I love how you style your rope. I can't seem to wriggle the clasp to close it and I'm afraid of scratching the pearls. I wonder if it's easier to use the clasp on drop shaped pearls cos of the sharp tips/ends on one side of the pearl? Any tips on the technique to wriggle the clasp?

I checked my receipt n it says 0.07 carat. I recall the one in the pic is 0.1 carat and I felt it looked a little big but I guess the accent also depends on the pearl size.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pearls, ladies! icy jade that Tahitian strand is tdf! And I wish I had read this before posting my new thread about the charm bracelet - but my links are REALLY tight!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I just love popping in to look at this thread...there is always more incredible pearl eye candy!!! That wave strand ~ oh my!!! :love: :love: :love:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1417535068|3793865 said:
Thanks Litgeek n Frost me!

Cmd: what's 649? Yes come to Singapore or go to Kobe... My ultimate dream is to raid the Hinata/Andy Mueller vaults along with those belonging to SSP wholesalers in Kobe.

It's the lottery. Yesterday's jackpot was $30 million! Haven't checked my tickets yet, but it's fun to dream!

If I win, I'll call you!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1417528897|3793821 said:

image_2654.jpg

Thecat: thanks n lots of pics in my next post! ::)

Love these earrings!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Love your pearls Icy. I couldn't choose which one I like best because they are each wonderful. Keep posting pictures please so I can keep drooling on my lap top :mrgreen:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Pkinnew, Litgeek, Cmd, Pirard n 4RG! It's my pleasure to share pics here.

Cmd: Did you win???

====
Wore my bracelet out for a trip to buy dinner and took some more pics of the IRL green, blue n purple pearls on thr bracelet. Here they are with the glamor shots for comparison.

image_2674.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous colors! Even better in real life on your wrist!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results