shape
carat
color
clarity

Simply Blue pearls that is

c langston

Shiny_Rock
The layout is complete on this small project and it came together really well using "bits" that I already have here. One of the few colors of pearls that I did not already personally own was Grey/Blue and I found some that I was very pleased with. I was shooting for something that could be worn with a business suit, blue jeans and a white T-shit, a country frilly frock, or country club casual...I'd love to hear your opinions on this project. Last few projects I have been using brooches for clasps, that I can mix & match with pearl strands of different colors. This is FUN stuff, addictive too!

project_f_gray_blue_sterling_pearls_002_-_copy.jpg

c langston

Shiny_Rock
NacreLover at the moment I have 2 jump rings at either end of the strand of pearls that slide over the brooch pin, it does have a safety latch. The brooch functions as the clasp I can use different brooches with different strands, or still wear the brooch by itself, I have done two different necklaces this way. With this necklace being 18 inch it stays taught enough not to slide about. I recently inherited several brooches that were very pretty but not expensive, I had some beading projects and could not find clasps that made me happy. Too many brooches, not enough clasps...well in my world the solution was right there in front of me.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow. I like.

Not my grandma's pearls type of design. Can imagine wearing on weekends too. Nice!

Any neck shots?

c langston

Shiny_Rock
Icy Jade thank you for that exact comment, "not my grandma's pearls." I still have to do the knots and finish work, the temporary RED line is still visible but I'm pretty happy with the layout. I did want to get some feedback on this necklace to see what others thought of it, before nailing it down.

f_grey_blue_silver.jpg

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
Your pearls are very pretty. In my opinion as a pearl merchant and product designer, The clasp is pretty and the pearls are nice. I would think the clasp is a bit too big that is overpowering the pearls. So are you showcasing the pearls as a focus or you are showcasing the clasp as a focus ? If you want to keep the clasp and showing off the pearls, I would suggest to put graduated pearls with bigger pearls near the clasp and smaller pearls in the back.If you want to showcase the clasp as a main focus, I would put more divider in between the pearls to have less pearls to balance the silver with the pearls. You can try on a few styles to see which one looks best on you. Hope you don't mind my opinion.

c langston

Shiny_Rock
Good Morning AnnaGraceDreamPearls I welcome your comments and observations! I really do encourage sharing your thoughts as a professional merchant & pearl designer. I'm a hobbyist (addict) always eager to learn more, if I didn't want an honest reaction I wouldn't post seeking input from all of you. In the past 2 days I have come to a similar conclusion, with a different solution. I had purchased 2 strands of these 6mm gray/blue pearls at the same time, I have been tinkering with making this a double strand necklace giving greater focus to the pearls and creating more balance/proportion between the strand and clasp. Instead of making 2 separate necklaces from the 2 strands, I'm leaning toward combining them to make the one necklace. Do you think the double strand modification will be enough to bring more balance? I can post a photo of the temporary layout if that would be helpful.

c langston

Shiny_Rock
This is still just for layout purposes, I have not knotted the strands. I think I'm getting closer to putting it all together. LOL I may have committment issues with this piece, just kidding. I'm kicking myself now for sending my old 60's 14K monogram pin to the smelters when gold prices jumped, but it was one of those pieces that I had really not worn for 30+ years. That monogram pin sure would have made a yellow gold version of this necklace fun to play with. Big decision now is; 1) do I want to have both strands joined together OR 2) do I keep the strands separate and just wear them together. The second option I could really go wild with and do mix & match color strands that could be worn in combinations (black & blue, blue & white, blue & champagne, etc.). So question: Is the double strand version better than the original single strand version? I'd love to hear your thoughts, Thanks c

project_gray_blue_pearls_002.jpg

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Just lovely, how did I miss this earlier??!! The double strand version does bring more attention to the pearls, but both versions are original and beautiful! I suppose you have other beautiful brooches that could be substituted in as a clasp, too. (Makes me wonder what I have tucked away and how I could use them~??) Thank you for sharing your creativity!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
This is a tough one. I've been going back and forth but think the double may be better with that large brooch. By the way, interesting how the pearls come through as PINK on my monitor in the picture to the right of the double strand neck shot. The neck shot's pearls are def blue, and then to the right they are pink!

c langston

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo funny you make the comment about the 'pink" I wore the single strand with bright coral color denim vest and the darn things picked up a definate bright pink glow. I suppose the maroon shirt had the same effect on them and picked or reflected the pink as I was taking the photo..that is just a wild guess. I'm glad someone else noticed...hubby is not only color blind besides having a general disinterest in ladies jewelry *chuckle*. Independent feedback is appreciated.

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi c langston, thanks for your reply. We are just sharing information. I in fact had the double or triple strands in mind. It cost a bit more though, however the overall look can be differently WOW. Because the clasp is substantial and pretty, yes you want more weight on the pearls to balance it. You can try three strands with all pearls the same size (6 to 6.5 mm), you can also consider wearing the clasp on the side in addition to wearing it in the center. It gives your necklace more flexibility and having more luster from the pearls across your neck. You can try having all two or three to be detachable on the side of the clasp (needs small adaptive loops or clasps), so that you make use a different smaller clasp (having consider any crystal clasp) to attach to one strand. A necklace can turn into multi-use accessories, fun and glamorous, wearing them into many different styles.

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
This layout of the double strands look much beautiful. Now you are showcasing the beautiful pearls and the clasp making it very elegant. Also the necklace rests much better on your neck. Try wearing lower cut dresses, it can showcase the necklace much better on design and luster.

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
I like the rework design on your double strands, it is fuller but not busy, more balanced proportionally on metal vs pearls, yet with the divits between pearls on one strand accents the brooch nicely. :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results