shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Us Your Mother's Day Pearls

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Like CMD, I noticed them on the site a few days ago when I was browsing fwp strands n so managed to grab them before the notice went out. Yep, I was really really lucky!

Umm... I've a confession to make. I actually got two. (Looks down in shame)
I first got FBDN-19 before I realized there was one metallic strand n got that as well. I actually wanted one more 16+mm haha. So greedy I know!

Here's a collage of 19:
image_661.jpg

Here's the metallic with a pic a grabbed from pp's instagram (since there's no bust shot for the metallic)
image_662.jpg

Can't help but think of Flygirl's amazing identification ability when I saw the Instagram pic haha. (Old timers will know what I mean!)

===

CMD: your ssp looks beautiful!! How big r they? I love the way ssp glows and I hope u will be thrilled with your strand.

Ennui: I thought of that but was wondering if they will be uncomfortable given how big n heavy these giants are? What's your experience been like with wearing extenders? I've faux strands with extenders but they catch my hair sometimes and can be a pain. I'm also looking at some clasps on etsy...

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1460638197|4019199 said:
Not shopping for mothers day. We don't celebrate it. I'm saving up and buying something at the ruckus where I see the item in person.
I totally appreciate that logic!!! And of course jealous, since I am unable to attend.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Icy, by how much do you need to lengthen? You could always add a couple of SSPs to the end of the necklace, or alternatively go for a fold-over style clasp, which will add to the over all length.

Sea Urchin, you really must learn how to string your own pearls! It's super easy to do.

Enjoy your treasures everyone!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I posted a reply on PG forum, too, Icy Jade.

For lengthening the strand to 19 or 20 inches, what about adding a heavier gold (white or yellow) chain between the pearls and an orbit clasp? Something like an inch of figaro chain, orbit clasp, inch of figaro chain. That would add about 3 inches, and look like it was on purpose. It would also be completely hidden by the back of your neck. It might also help keep the strand centered.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1461281832|4022237 said:
CMD: your ssp looks beautiful!! How big r they? I love the way ssp glows and I hope u will be thrilled with your strand...

Mine is teeny in comparison! 10-12 mm. They look beautiful and glowy in the pictures (I have a few natural light shots as I was picking the pearls to lengthen the strand with). I don't have any WSS pearls so I'm super excited.

I waffled a bit, but having had the time to really think about it, I'm not sure the extreme statement necklace bounty that will be these strands is something that I can pull off. Watch though, I'll writhe in huge pearl envy when you all start showing off yours! I really like how symmetrical the drop shapes are on the strands and the luster looks amazing.

I would have either gone with the rounder one you picked, Icy, or one of the smaller drop shaped strands.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014 said:
CMD: your ssp looks beautiful!! How big r they? I love the way ssp glows and I hope u will be thrilled with your strand...

Mine is teeny in comparison! 10-12 mm. They look beautiful and glowy in the pictures (I have a few natural light shots as I was picking the pearls to lengthen the strand with). I don't have any WSS pearls so I'm super excited.

I waffled a bit, but having had the time to really think about it, I'm not sure the extreme statement necklace bounty that will be these strands is something that I can pull off. Watch though, I'll writhe in huge pearl envy when you all start showing off yours! I really like how symmetrical the drop shapes are on the strands and the luster looks amazing.

I would have either gone with the rounder one you picked, Icy, or one of the smaller drop shaped strands.

Share pics pls!! You know we love eye candy here.

I'm extremely comfy in my WSSP that's 11.1-14.8 mm (neck shot below) so I figured I should be fine to go bigger or smaller but I would prefer cleaner surfaces n 'whiter' pearls. Waffled over my choices too esp over some beautiful strands that I thought might be too yellow for me. Personally nothing beats the whiteness of ssps for me but these giant fwp strands are such bargains in comparison to ssps that I really can't resist.

image_665.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous SSPs, Icy Jade.

Can't wait to see some neck shots when y'all get your big white beauties. :)

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Like CMD, I noticed them on the site a few days ago when I was browsing fwp strands n so managed to grab them before the notice went out. Yep, I was really really lucky!

Umm... I've a confession to make. I actually got two. (Looks down in shame)

Don't be ashamed, congratulate yourself on being a great shopper. I thought I saw a blurb about 'one to a customer,' so enjoy those pearls! :appl:

I have to laugh, I received the email about the special after everything was already sold out. :confused: ;(

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I've never managed to register for the mailing list so I didn't even get an email!

I think I was the first to buy those pearls when they were added to the site. You could see them if you browse fwp necklaces. Subsequently a few were sold over the next few days so I am not surprised that the rest went fast when the announcement went out and it was posted on the front page of pp (notice removed when the pearls sold out).

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cmd, that wss strand is stunning. I bought it in the fall and very reluctantly returned it because the bright white looked awful on me. I had it out in its box so I could gaze at it and kept trying it on with different tops in different lighting but nope, the icy white just didn't suit me. They absolutely glow though-- I bet you'll be delighted!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse|1461378021|4022647 said:
Cmd, that wss strand is stunning. I bought it in the fall and very reluctantly returned it because the bright white looked awful on me. I had it out in its box so I could gaze at it and kept trying it on with different tops in different lighting but nope, the icy white just didn't suit me. They absolutely glow though-- I bet you'll be delighted!

Yay! I know it's a good choice then if you picked it! It's funny, I thought I had missed out on getting a strand during the WSS sale because I took too long to think about it and all the ones I was drawn to quickly got sold out, so I was happily surprised to see it there when I checked in again. I had actually bought a beautifully symmetrical smooth drop strand from AP after I missed out on the PP sale (at an AMAZING price), only to discover that it had double sold and they haven't been able to find a replacement for me since.

I think bright white will suit me, as I don't look good in off-white, cream, or pastel tones (I'm too fair and pink and they either end up looking yellow on me or they blend too much into my skin). I haven't had much luck with freshwater strands for that reason and it's partly why I decided against the Edison's or the new baroque Edison's. So hopefully it works out for us both in the end!

My only worry about the PP strand is size. Did you find the 12 mm enough of a presence?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014, I think you chose a very nice WSS strand. The graduation is gentle so there are lots of large pearls.

My GSS strand is 10.0-12.5 and your WSS at 10.0-12.1 is much the same, so I really think you will find it plenty large. Don't forget they are drops-- longer than wide-- so the pearls are more massive than a round pearl of the same mm would be.

I look forward to admiring your neck shots!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful choices Tucs, CMD and IcyJade. :love:
I'm drawn to white and gold pearls more than other colours, very versatile with matching.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ack these are all so gorgeous.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're here!!! And I think they are so beautiful that I'm not sure I'm fancy enough to wear them! They just glow! I'm so grateful to you BN for deciding they didn't suit you!

Here are the preliminary pictures:

In the box

Indirect light:

Direct light:

I'm glad I didn't go with a longer length. 20 is as long as I would want to go (and it lets me adjust shorter if I want to). I was originally thinking 21.

_3298.jpeg

_3299.jpeg

_3300.jpeg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
cmd they are absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about them - the size, length and that glow!! Wow! They look amazing on you.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! They look great on you!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh cmd, they look marvelous on you!! I gasped when I saw them!

And sorry for this late response to your question re size. I was going to say that each pearl has such lovely glow/shape/skin, I think the 12mm size has nice impact. The fact that they are oval also adds to the size.

Now that I've seen them on you, I think they're perfect! Enjoy and wear in good health : )

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful on you! Noticed that you said prelim pics so there will be more? Yay. Looking forward to more pretty pearl pics. Enjoy the strand!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1461625539|4023517 said:
They are beautiful on you! Noticed that you said prelim pics so there will be more? Yay. Looking forward to more pretty pearl pics. Enjoy the strand!

I have a confession to make. I've been flattened by a stomach flu since 2am, so I look like death warmed over today. I dragged myself to work today with the aid of an assortment of pharmaceuticals just long enough to cancel all of my clients and pick up my package at FedEx, and despite all that, the strand still looks good! (A good test, right? If it makes fifty shades of green look half decent, it's a miracle item that should be worn over and over again!). So once I am fit for human consumption, I'll take more pictures. In the meantime I've been napping off and on with these perched where I can admire them.

It's amazing to me what an impact subtle differences in colour can make. You would think white is white is white, but it's just not true. These have such amazingly strong silvery overtones that they look almost silver blue in the box. I think this is what makes them pop on me as I have such cool undertones to my skin, but I can see how they would not be good at all for anyone with warmer toned skin. In contrast, even the smallest hint of cream or green or yellow or peach make other whites go flat against my skin, where they work so beautifully for those with warmer skin tones.

DH is already asking when he can expect me to "need" matching earrings. He knows me too well!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Fifty shades of green" :lol:

Feel better soon!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Totally understand what you mean about the tones. But hey don't give up on fwp yet. My new pair of fwp earrings that's really close to my ssp strand gives me hope that I can still buy relatively more affordable fwp instead of ssp. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the Edisons that I just bought.

And your DH is a keeper! Definitely earrings are needed lol.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
CMD, that is an amazing strand! Regal, and looks beautiful on you. I would surely feel better just looking at them! :love:

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! They look magnificent on you! Enjoy wearing your beautiful strand :)

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful . They glow on you. Hope u feel better soon

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
CMD wow they are stunning!
Tanzigrrl an unique choice, looking forward to your photos.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
cmd2014|1461613783|4023466 said:
They're here!!! And I think they are so beautiful that I'm not sure I'm fancy enough to wear them! They just glow! I'm so grateful to you BN for deciding they didn't suit you!

Here are the preliminary pictures:

In the box

Indirect light:

Direct light:

I'm glad I didn't go with a longer length. 20 is as long as I would want to go (and it lets me adjust shorter if I want to). I was originally thinking 21.

WOWZA, the luster is stunning. :love:

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Wow, those look amazing.

I think I'm really going to have to see pearls this size in person before I decide if they work for me. Ruckus, here I come.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BWeaves|1461762317|4024137 said:
Wow, those look amazing.

I think I'm really going to have to see pearls this size in person before I decide if they work for me. Ruckus, here I come.

I agree with you. I think that the best way to know what works for you and what doesn't is to see things in person. There are so many variables to have to consider...size, type of pearl, body colour, overtone, shape, length, luster...it's what I find makes ordering online so very tricky. I'm so very envious of those of you who can make the ruckus! All those things to see in person!!! One day it's on my bucket list to go!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results