shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I was taking so many pictures of my new multicolour tahitian strand, I thought I'd share some of my collection.

My "gateway" pearls. 7.5-8mm AAA Akoyas from American Pearl, with 2 inch extender. I have matching 8mm studs.

My favourite enhancer from Mirabella boutique that I wear all the time as a pendant on its own, with the matching pearl set. I feel like I'm on Downton Abby every time I wear this set. I have matching earrings and ring (diamond & yellow emerald, no pearls).

My Tahitian pendant from Birks. A 5th anniversary present from DH, with matching earrings that I found at Birks 8 years later.

A neck shot. DH bought this for me because for 5 years I had loved a friend's Tahitian pendant...so even though we were just starting out, he found a way to get me one.

_21534.jpg

_21535.jpg

_21536.jpg

_21537.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Awww, great pearls! The akoyas look just beautiful! You should add your medley of Tahitians nestled together here.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1408594429|3736669 said:
Awww, great pearls! The akoyas look just beautiful! You should add your medley of Tahitians nestled together here.

Here's my medley of Tahitians. I am still in awe of the multicolour strand:

I also love this dyed freshwater strand that I got in Bermuda (10th anniversary trip).

And here are my Akoya studs

_21544.jpg

_21545.jpg

_21546.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014 - Thanks for sharing your other pearl treasures! I think what's even better than the pearls are the stories behind them! They bring back memories of special days and that's priceless!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pkinnew|1408639365|3736888 said:
cmd2014 - Thanks for sharing your other pearl treasures! I think what's even better than the pearls are the stories behind them! They bring back memories of special days and that's priceless!

That's my favourite part too.

TogetherIsHappiness

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!! I'm fairly new on PS and don't come on here too often. Not quite sure which thread is best to share my pearls with you all...I guess this will be a good place to start. :wavey:
These are what I have at home currently that I just took some random pics of. I keep some in the bank vault maybe I'll have a chance to share later on.

img_7276.jpg img_7278.jpg img_7284.jpg img_7241.jpg img_7280.jpg img_7286.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, wonderful. I love the Tahitian set.

You could start your own thread and add pictures when you have your pearls available to photograph.

TogetherIsHappiness

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Not quite sure what you mean by starting my own thread?...Do I start a new topic? I thought we just share our jewelry under whichever thread that's appropriate. Sorry for being ignorant :oops: :(sad
I'm still trying to go thru each page and admire everyone's beautiful pearl pieces! So many inspirational ideas!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
You can add to this thread, or you can add to my What are you Wearing Today thread, or you can start your own thread, new topic, showcasing your pearls exclusively and adding to it whenever you like. It's a nice way to organize pictures of your collection. I haven't done that myself, but probably should at some point...

No rules -- do whatever makes sense to you and enjoy!

TogetherIsHappiness

Rough_Rock
bsomlo|1410035622|3746096 said:
You can add to this thread, or you can add to my What are you Wearing Today thread, or you can start your own thread, new topic, showcasing your pearls exclusively and adding to it whenever you like. It's a nice way to organize pictures of your collection. I haven't done that myself, but probably should at some point...

Thanks much!! I understand the game now~~but still feel a little embarrassed to showcase my jewels "exclusively"...maybe when I feel more confident about my collection. :bigsmile:
I

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
TogetherIsHappiness|1410042088|3746152 said:

Thanks much!! I understand the game now~~but still feel a little embarrassed to showcase my jewels "exclusively"...maybe when I feel more confident about my collection. :bigsmile:
I

TogetherIsHappiness: Post away and don't feel embarrassed! I'll love to see what other lovelies you have in the vault! ::)

Bsomlo: Given your amazing collection, I do think a dedicated thread is way overdue! :naughty:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1410072032|3746325 said:
TogetherIsHappiness|1410042088|3746152 said:

I

TogetherIsHappiness: Post away and don't feel embarrassed! I'll love to see what other lovelies you have in the vault! ::)

Bsomlo: Given your amazing collection, I do think a dedicated thread is way overdue! :naughty:

I agree, bsomio! I Would love to enjoy yours!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
TogetherIsHappiness - Please post as much as you want anywhere! We'll find you, trust me!

BTW - Your pearls are beautiful and I like the 5 pearl ombre tin cup!

TogetherIsHappiness

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much, ladies, for your encouragement and kind words. Guess I'll have to make a trip to my bank real soon! :love:

mrkitchener

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Would love to get your opinion on something. I'm looking to get a pearl bracelet for someone special. I've been to a few shops and it seems like freshwater pearls are the only pearls in my budget of below USD $100. I came across a really nice pearl set on Etsy and would like to know what you think of it please. I've put some photos below.

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/202646059/aaa-grade-7mm-round-cultured-freshwater??????

Know any other good places to get pearls from?

Hope you can help!

Thanks,

Tim

il_570xn_98.jpg
il_570xn_89.jpg il_570xn_97.jpg [

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mr. Kitchener,

My answer would be that it depends on where you are ordering from. Some vendors are more conveniently located for those in Asia, Australia, or Europe, whereas others are more convenient to North America.

For North America, have you checked out Pearl Paradise's bracelet page? Here's a link to all the bracelets that they carry for under $100 USD. http://www.pearlparadise.com/c-182-under-100.aspx

I personally like the 7.5 - 8 mm white freshwater strand (which is listed at $82), but I would probably go the extra $30 to have it in an AAA quality strand (as it will be more round rather than off round). The nicest quality in that size would be the freshadama, which is listed for $149.50.

Also, depending on how petite the person it for whom you are buying it, I might also be inclined to look at the price difference for a slightly larger pearl (larger woman = larger pearl to look balanced). 7.5 - 8 is not small, as it is a classic size, but for a larger or more mature woman, a size up might look more appropriate. The 8 - 9 mm freshwater one in AA quality is $162. My suggestion though would be to aim for the better quality pearl even if it means going down a bit in size....so if it's between the smaller AAA one and the larger AA one, I would probably go for the smaller AAA one. But this is strictly personal preference.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
It is a gorgeous day, wearing my Edison strand with a JCrew boatneck tee.

img_5616.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Pirard -- those are insane! The colors, the size, the luster.

What is the mm?

Enjoy and wear in health!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
They are my Edisons from PPs mothers day special...they are 12-15mm.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Never posted my pearls. Here's a few pieces from my collection.

photo_2_113.jpg
Sea of Cortez Mabe Ring

photo_3_81.jpg
The Tornado

tincup01.jpg
photo-26.jpg
Scattered Tin Cup

fullsizerender-8.jpg
Tahitian Necklaces 36" rope and 20" Peacocks

photo-23_0.jpg
54" Freshwater rope from PP

TogetherIsHappiness

Rough_Rock
Hi girls! I had a wedding to attend this past weekend so I went to my bank vault and tried to find some bling to wear :naughty:
I found this pearl necklace that I have never worn. A gift from MIL a few years ago, didn't know HOW to wear it. But after joining PS, all of you have educated and inspired me to try something different. Thanks! :bigsmile:
img_7522.jpg img_7523.jpg img_7524.jpg

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
WOW! TogetherisHappiness, Your MIL necklace is a treasure! You could look at it all day and never be bored. Those shapes are exquisite...can I have it when you're done???????????? (Murrrrrmuring, Just Gorgeous).

I HAVE to save an image of this, if it's ok?

Catching up on all the old threads and seeing everybody's treasures - and new threads - absolutely wonderful stuff!

akoya

Shiny_Rock
ckrickett|1412815771|3764602 said:
Never posted my pearls. Here's a few pieces from my collection.

tincup01.jpg
photo-26.jpg
Scattered Tin Cup

not sure if its okay to check out pricing n where did u purchased this from? thanks! i like this strand hehe

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
This was a custom piece made for me by Hisano Shepard from Pearl Paradise (Pearlparadise.com). The pricing will depend on materials, length and quality of pearls. Feel free to contact them to price out your own. I absolutely love mine, and would love other people to get one too!

Heres the thread -https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-grandmas-pearl-project.204013/

I'd love to see what you end up doing!

akoya

Shiny_Rock
Hi ckrickett !
Thanks for the infor. will keep that in the note. hopefully get to buy a nice one when there's discount.

akoya

Shiny_Rock
img_8229.jpg

this is one of my best pearl strand that i have bought. sorry for the pic. showing this because the rainbow overtone is pretty obvious for this
i still cannot figure out how to watermark my pearl strand so will try to post the full strand next time.
:)
the right hand side pearls dont look round. i think its angle issue.

cyndayco

Rough_Rock
I never thought I'd own a strand of large akoya pearls. Most of what is sold in my city are the small to medium (6.5-7.5mm), so I just told myself, "You don't really want a classic white akoya pearl necklace. Too small for your frame. Too formal. Too boring."

That was until I saw a strand of 8.5-9mm akoyas. Very high luster, round, creme body, and pink and green overtones. Although I had no intention of buying jewelry, out came my credit card!

After a week or so, I assembled the necklace with some gold spacers and a clasp by Claspgarten. Hope you like it!

img_6673.jpg

img_6674.jpg

img_6675.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful necklace Cyndayco , and you knot it yourself as well? I really love the clasp. :clap:
Have you tried wearing all three strands together? How do they look?

cyndayco

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Lovinggems. I can not knot them myself, but not as well as this shopgirl near my office. She expertly restrings my pearls for about $2.50 a strand--one of the few upsides of being a pearl collector in Manila!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results