shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Lewis - Now that is a statement ring! Beautiful conch!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Holy Moly ! That's a beauty!! Thanks for posting that pic ! Love the pink!

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
About 9.5-10mm bezel set freshwater buttons

_15865.jpg
_15864.jpg

_15864.jpg

_15865.jpg

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
about 7mm freshwater--

_15870.jpg

_15870.jpg

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
7mm freshwater drop necklace

_15871.jpg

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
Freshwater broach---

_15872.jpg

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
About 5 mm freshwater, 16 inch strand. By far these are not the highest quality, but this my first string. It was a gift from my Grandmother when I was 16 years old. Thus beginning my love of pearls.

_15873.jpg

_15874.jpg

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
14k white gold, 7.2-8mm White Freshwater AAA quality 22 inch strand. For some reason I'm having trouble uploading the other images. This was the first pearl purchase/gift (thank you Hubby) since first lurking on PS.

_15875.jpg

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
And then all together just for fun :wavey:

_15876.jpg

_15877.jpg

Marina87

Rough_Rock
Lovely pearls!!! Breath taking! :love: :love:

JoeyLV

Rough_Rock
I purchased a home recently that belonged to a woman who died last year and found a few pieces of jewelry that she hid pretty well. The pearls are the ones I am not familiar with, so I am hoping to get some advice. I'm assuming both pieces are authentic since they both have 14k clasps, and because of the other jewelry they were found with. I've done a little internet research and my best conclusion on the dark pearls is that they might be Tihitian South Sea boroque pearls. It's a pretty heavy necklace too. Hopefully the pictures are clear enough to tell anything from. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

_16167.jpg

_16169.jpg

_16170.jpg

_16168.jpg

Amour_Et_Diamants

Shiny_Rock
I'm not able to tell you much with pictures. I doubt someone would go trough the trouble to put fake pearls in gold clasps though. I do know if you gently rub your teeth on the pearl and get a grinding feeling, the pearls are real. As far as the type though, an appraiser can tell you.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Can you photograph them on a white paper towel and use a micro lense on your camera? The white strand appears to be a white freshwater strand. How big are the pearls on each strand in MM? It seems odd they would string SS pearls like this with bead cups and a knot at the clasp.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
If I am not mistaken the fish hook clasp is about 5 mm wide. The pearls near the clasp must be around 8mm. The middle pearls must be approx 9 or 10mm max. Possibly a small white SS size. But like NacreLover said it is strange that someone would knot a more expensive SS strand with bead crimp/ cup instead of gimp finishing.

anthony-roman

Rough_Rock
Hudson Hawk - I love the peach colored pearl of yours. Where did you get that from?

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
JoeyLV, the silver ones look like they might be baroque blue akoyas to me, but it's almost impossible to tell from pics. As Nacrelover says, pics against a white background (papertowel is fine) in natural daylight, with the pearls in focus, would make it easier to tell.
Are the white ones as shiny as the silver ones?
In person, any local jeweler or goldsmith (not sales person) could tell you if the the whites are freshwater or akoya and what the silvers are. They look small to be tahitians. You can just ask an opinion with it costing you anything (unlike a formal appraisal).

Good luck!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YC|1382758318|3544881 said:
For Baby Monster, I attached vendor photo of the round ssp. It is champagne with green overtones. 13mm. Ring is 18k YG.
Will photo graph the light gold keshi in the next few days.

Love the elegant simplicity of this ring - gorgeous!

coolmata

Rough_Rock
Trade
Re:

Skippy|1236014336|1825996 said:
Thank you Andrey and Ali for this subforum
35.gif

I bought this necklace, earrings, and bracelet from Pearl Paradise, mine are 8mm and they are white with a silver/pink overtone.
thread ----->  https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-valentines-pearls.108845/

IMG_1129.JPG

IMG_1136.JPG
love it, I want have one, any suggestion?

leyhuong

Shiny_Rock
Hi Enchante,
Your Tahitian pearls are so goregous. Would you mind sharing the place where you bought them? Thank you.
Enchante|1350890025|3290056 said:
This was my first baroque strand, 18 inches, pearls are graduated in size from 12.30mm-14.40mm. I love the different colours on this strand.

Baroque strand on the neck

For more formal occasions, I wear my round strand, 17.5 inches, pearls are graduated from 11.10mm-13.60mm, and they have a beautiful silver tone.

Round silver strand on the neck.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Coolmata,
I went back to the old thread and they only mentioned vendor (PP) and the size. No mention of the type of pearl. Pearls which can looks so metallic would be Akoyas and metallic white fwp. The latter are available on PP as metallic white FWP (off round) or metallic white freshadamas (round). But I believe the metallic freshadamas are highly sought after currently and it may be hard to find the size you may want. Why don't you contact them and ask them to send you photos of the various strands for comparison?

love_paradise

Rough_Rock
Trade
Your pearl necklace is really stunning! Well, I would like to share mine here

I am thinking to present the last one to my friend who like this style. :appl:

dsc_6915.jpg

dsc_6965.jpg

dsc_7038.jpg

love_paradise

Rough_Rock
Trade
Re:

elle_chris|1268330526|2479986 said:
DiaDiva "a neckful of pearls" link

NeckfulTahitians.jpg
Hi, elle_chris, this long rope is my cup of tea! Is DiaDiva a brand name? the pearl style looks a little like this below

dsc_6359.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is mine:
10mm semi-baroque, peacock, grade A lustre.

I dragged dear hubby all over Papeete, Tahiti to find this one.
They had plenty of rounds, but I wanted this shape because I knew it was going into a pendant.

We also visited a pearl farm on the island of Tahaa but they had low grade goods for sale.

Have cruised around French Polynesia three times now, once to include the Cook Islands,
another time to the Marquesas (Hiva Oa and Niku Hiva), and another to visit the
snorkel capital of the world in Rangiroa (also had spinner dolphins).

All three cruises had stops in Bora Bora, Moorea, Huahine, Raiatea, and of course the island of Tahiti.

Tahitian pearls were sold on all of the islands.

tahitian_pearl_p1030105.jpg

ILoveGems14

Rough_Rock
Here's some of my pearls.

_20339.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Love that shape and what a beautiful colour and luster! You obviously loved cruising in that area to have gone 3x ! :appl:

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
ILoveGems14|1405627793|3715266 said:
Here's some of my pearls.

Yes, your pearls appear to be synthetic or imitation, but they are pretty and shiny! If you look around the drill hole, you will see it is quite large and somewhat flat, with a coating that makes a rounded edge into the hole.

Many women have both cultured pearls and imitation pearls in their jewelry wardrobe, and enjoy both!

cyndayco

Rough_Rock
This 11-8mm opera necklace arrived from Ross-Simons. I was quite skeptical about the quality given that other online retailers sell freshwater necklaces for the same price, but it was a bargain too good to pass up. So when I saw it had more chubby drops than circled baroques, fairly decent surface and luster, and was multicolor, I hopped and skipped with joy.

What's more, when R-S dropped the price a week later, I asked them to refund me the price difference, and they did!

Oh, Internet, you enabler you. :love:

img_5334.jpg

img_5335.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Cyndaco .. sounds like you got a great deal! Enjoy ! Isn't it great when things turn out to be better than you were expecting ! ? !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results