shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
YC -- I love your "monster" silver white SS keshi ring!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
YC|1382193325|3540630 said:
My collection is not that big. It is mainly cos I have not mastered the art of photographing pearls accurately. To get one good pic,I need to attempt multiple times. If it is not problem with the focus, it is the colours. I think u, icy jade has one of the best photography skills here. :appl:

If you bring your pearls over to my place I can photograph them for you... :naughty:

Don't worry re: multiple shots. I do multiple shots too cos iPhone doesn't have macro or optical image balance/steadyshot to assist in photography. As for colours, I think a lightbox really helps!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what a collection of rings. Love the aubergine Tahitian.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YC|1382177466|3540569 said:
As requested by icy jade, there r some of my pearl pieces. Thought I do the rings first since they are the easiest to photograph.

WOWWEEE :appl: :appl:

You need to start your own thread for these beauties. I love the 2 light golden rings. :love: . Please post more info and side views.

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
YC, my goodness! You have amazing ring! Which I am sure you know. ;-)

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
A few of my purchases from HK show. image_766.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Double post :oops:

Upside down :loopy:
This one was purchased right off my neck the first hour I wore it ! _11160.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
katbran|1382668343|3544171 said:
A few of my purchases from HK show. image_766.jpg
Wow! Such an amazing range of colors. Love it!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh these are beautiful!!! :love:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you <3 Now I just have to sit down and knot them all..just waiting for some Beader's Secret to arrive in a wide range of colours.

I'm flying to Sydney on Monday to meet a wholesaler who's flying in from HK and view more of the harvest strands now that my lovely Greys and silvers/white is gone. Hope to get another grey combo and a green combo and a SS white and gold combo. But we'll see what's there ! Hate to spend on the airfare but it's good to see them in person.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
For Baby Monster, I attached vendor photo of the round ssp. It is champagne with green overtones. 13mm. Ring is 18k YG.
Will photo graph the light gold keshi in the next few days.

il_0.jpeg

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I want to join!

I was browsing your lovelies and decided to have little photo shoot of my own.

The first are from my broke student days when I spent way too much time checking out TPO's daily deals.

Here's my Tiffany cushion bracelet with freshwater pearls. An ex broke up with me the week before his birthday so I returned his present and bought this for myself.

And last but not least, the pearls I get the most wear out of. My baroque Tahitian necklace from PP (9.00-10.00 mm, silver overtones), 8.00 mm Tahitian studs that were a gift from my mother, 10.00 mm freshwater studs from PP, and 7.5-8.00 mm blue baroque akoya strand from PP.

I'll be asking all of you for help shortly as I'm looking for some larger Tahitian studs. I'm also helping my Dad source some for my Mom to match the PP tin-cup he bought her last year. I just emailed them about Tahitian AAA with copper overtone so crossing my fingers!

dsc01316.jpg

dsc01315.jpg

dsc01313.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
2013-10-28_15.jpg

One of the two strands that arrived a few days ago...once again I'm tempted to keep it...but I'm afraid it's destined to move on to a good home one day !

alice87

Shiny_Rock
This is another cute necklace. I like this fun pieces, they go great with a lot of colors, and make a day a little brighter.

dsc05298.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I remade the photos in daylight, now they are more true to color. They are more purple and brown than the original photograph. I just wonder why it has so many orange in artificial light.

dsc05300.jpg

dsc05301.jpg

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely collection you have alice87.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Mikimoto pearl station bracelet. A+ pearls Akoya cultured pearls. 5mm
015adfdab93b_3b52f9d2-436b-4fb7-bcac-33e927ee5e22.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
sweet_pea - What a delicate and feminine bracelet! Timeless!

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
pkinnew, thank you so much! I am really loving the bracelet so far. I feel like since it isn't a full strand bracelet I can make it a bit more casual as well as dressy.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
pkinnew, thank you so much! I am really loving the bracelet so far. I feel like since it isn't a full strand bracelet I can make it a bit more casual as well as dressy.

hannah3622

Rough_Rock
I love all pearls here and I just got mine. Tahidi pear..the color is golden green I guess? really enjoy the shine....
dscf7481.jpg
dscf7484.jpg
dscf7485.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
hannah3622 - Your pearl is beautiful and looks very elegant on you!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hannah,
That's just beautiful!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Hannah, nice pearl. Lovely green and great luster.

LeaD

Rough_Rock
I'll have to come back with the remainder, but I like none of those as much as this pearl, which I photographed for tests purpose.
If I remember right, it's about 10 mm, the color keeps changing with a slivery blue base, pink reflects. I think it was some kind of peacock, but they added some qualificatives which I can't remember. What's sure is that it's completely natural with no enhancement of any kind. I remembered my surprise at seeing that it was considered semi-round, as I can't see where it's not a perfect sphere. It's so shiny that you can the photographer on the right behind the purple-cover tablet, on the left, the trees from the park below also get reflected. And I cannot seem to make any picture of it without having it mirrored its surroundings.
A bit like Hannah's especially on pic 2. :)
And the last reason why I absolutely love it is that I bought directly from the farm, after kayaking and swimming above the oysters. I could not see anything, despite my best efforts. But it always remind me of those dream vacation.

dsc_0059.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pearl with a great story!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Really lovely ! Few things as classic and versatile as a lovely Tahitian pendant ,

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
LeaD - A dream vacation and a gorgeous, elegant pearl - what could be better? I hope wearing it does bring back wonderful memories!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if this is really the thread for this so feel free to redirect this to the appropriate thread. I saw this on the David Morris website, it's a 17.47 ct conch pearl. I've never heard of them before, but I think it's beautiful.

ring7.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results