shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Adding photos of my collection!

pearl rainbow is the best kind of rainbow!

img_4326.jpg
img_4331.jpg
img_4325_0.jpg
img_4324.jpg
img_4323.jpg
img_4322.jpg
img_4321.jpg
img_4320.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
lorissey, lovely! Love you ripples!
Icy-jade - you have lovely collection too!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1373898385|3483226 said:
@mrs taylor: Thanks! Sarah has great pearls. I really like her ripple pearl strands.

cushioncutnut|1373815519|3482818 said:
Icy Jade what a fabulous collection. I have not posted in a long time but after seeing all these gorgeous new additions to the SMYP thread, it is reviving my love of pearls all over again!! :love: :appl:

@CCN: YOU have great pearls (and diamonds...). Just spent the last 30 min drooling over your collection... omg so many tahitians... :love:
Come back to us! There are so many new types of pearls and colours to love! :naughty:

Thank you Icy Jade! I will have to post my newest additions here soon.!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1373823225|3482874 said:
cushioncutnut said:
Icy Jade what a fabulous collection. I have not posted in a long time but after seeing all these gorgeous new additions to the SMYP thread, it is reviving my love of pearls all over again!! :love: :appl:

Oh CushionCutNut every time I see your avatar I get a chill. I adore your earrings!

Thank you Rosebloom!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lorissey those are gorgeous!!! :love:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
cushioncutnut|1378478746|3515628 said:
lorissey those are gorgeous!!! :love:

THANKS!!! and I agree. those earrings in your avatar make me weak in the knees. *swoon*

lvzhiqiao

Rough_Rock
icy_jade|1372950441|3477244 said:
alice87|1372865868|3476642 said:
icy-shade, nice collection! The blue akoya looks great!

Thanks! They are even more gorgeous in real life! Pearls are hard to photo but I think this beauty shot of a similar strand looks closer to what they actually look like in real life:
blue_baroque_pearl_necklace_project-beauty_shot_57.jpg

bluebirrrd|1372906032|3477072 said:
Ha ha, yes you do look like a pearl vendor! Your pearls look beautiful in their tray.

Oh my, I'm sure some of you already have a brooch like this from Kojima. Or, maybe you snatched up my first choice, which was the one with dark petals! I'm not complaining though because mine is spectacularly beautiful, with a large outer ring of pink pearls and another ring of pink surrounding the middle pearl. It arrived in the mail today, and although I like brooches I'm actually contemplating making this into a barrette. For now, I'm just enjoying the beautiful design and lustrous keshi petals. Between this and Smith's beautiful brooch, I'm wondering if we should start a show me your pearl brooch thread?

Wow the brooch is gorgeous! :appl: :appl: :appl:
I saw it on her blog too but didn't think I'll wear flowers. Now that I see yours, I wonder if I made a mistake! Really nice!
This is a fantastic color

kitsunegrl

Rough_Rock
Amazing pearls!

Tahiti pearl from my parents... image_636.jpg image_635.jpg

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
my ripple pearls

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I KNEW THOSE WERE YOURS WHEN I SAW THEM ON FB!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Great pearl collection

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
IcyJade...that Andy M. Tahitian strand looks gorgeous..I just love it. Lovely collection of lovelies !

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Alice87, lvzhiqiao & katbran: Thanks! :cheeky: Always happy to hear from fellow pearl lovers.

And Jenncent's ripples... :love:

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

Have just stumbled on pricescope after searching for a pair of pearl studs - and I have spent a few hours here and there looking through these delicious pearl threads so I decided to stop lurking and jump in! So many different things I am now craving.....

Here is my modest pearl collection. The earrings I wore on my wedding day & the strand of mixed colours was a gift from my parents.

-MC

_10617.jpg

_10618.jpg

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The finding on the earrings makes them very special and glamorous - they're lovely. And the necklace - well, just a great first pearls. The sort which you can wear everywhere.

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Pearlescence|1381045887|3532999 said:
The finding on the earrings makes them very special and glamorous - they're lovely. And the necklace - well, just a great first pearls. The sort which you can wear everywhere.

Thank you so much Pearlescence!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I do love the simple dangle earrings with a touch of bling..lovely :)

Charmjewel

Rough_Rock
Black pearl necklace... :tongue:

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I have a group shot. No tahitians for me yet, I'll keep working on it in the future.

dsc05173.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
alice87|1381865839|3538200 said:
I have a group shot. No tahitians for me yet, I'll keep working on it in the future.

The strand right at the bottom is pretty! Any close-up or neck shots?

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Neck shots does not work for me, I tried to do it few times, and it is kind of awful :naughty:
Here, I made two photos. Blue akoyas and small FWP, quite a long one. Inspired by Gatsby movie...

dsc05195.jpg

dsc05194.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
alice87 said:
Thank you! Neck shots does not work for me, I tried to do it few times, and it is kind of awful :naughty:
Here, I made two photos. Blue akoyas and small FWP, quite a long one. Inspired by Gatsby movie...

Thanks for more pics. The blue akoyas look great.

Btw neck shots take practice. :lol:
I am actually much better with angles now. Still takes a few tries whenever I try to take neck shots tho. I usu take a few (3-10 depending on how skilled I am that day) and choose the best. :naughty: Btw, try not to take using the smaller cam in the front of your hp if that is what you are using. Stick to the bigger cam at the back for better and more accurate colours. If you are seated, you can use a table mirror to see the phone screen (using the reflection) to angle your shot.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
This pic is done with macrolense. I only have two lenses for my camera. I don't know, I will use your advise :))
One pic I forget. I am obviously into gems and pearls together. Like the color scheme.

dsc05197.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
One more from a crafty person :D
I love, love, love gemfairs and beads, and pearls. All ideas are mine :bigsmile:
The beads here include emerald, garnet, coral, iolite, black onyx, and black spinel, and pearls!

dsc05209.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Neck shot. Am I productive today posting messages? Make me wonder...
I was able to do it.
I made this necklace similar to one of the australian designer's one posted on pricescope. It took me a while to do it. I think I redid it 4 times total. It is a matte black onyx with PP FWP. This necklace is one of my favorite pieces.

neck_shot.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
As requested by icy jade, there r some of my pearl pieces. Thought I do the rings first since they are the easiest to photograph.

20131019_180653-1.jpg

20131019_180358-1.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Referring to the second pic-
Little finger- aubergine tahitian, champagne SS
Ring finger- light peacock Tahitian, darker one is tahitian keshi
Middle finger -silver white SS keshi (she is one monster), light gold SS keshi
As you can see, my preferred pearls r tahitians and keshis :naughty:
I cannot quite recall yhe dimensions. The champagne little finger ssp should be 12-13mm. The tahitian keshi should be 6-7mm range

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
alice87|1382045977|3539670 said:
Neck shot. Am I productive today posting messages? Make me wonder...
I was able to do it.
I made this necklace similar to one of the australian designer's one posted on pricescope. It took me a while to do it. I think I redid it 4 times total. It is a matte black onyx with PP FWP. This necklace is one of my favorite pieces.

Wow, you DIY-ed the necklace? And I am very impressed with your wire wrapping skills re: the earrings!

And you are doing great with the selfie! :appl:

YC said:
As requested by icy jade, there r some of my pearl pieces. Thought I do the rings first since they are the easiest to photograph.

OMG. No wonder you need to take annual leave just to photograph your pearls. :-o (I can't wait for more pics)

Love the giant keshi and aubergine tahitian rings. :love:

YC

Brilliant_Rock
My collection is not that big. It is mainly cos I have not mastered the art of photographing pearls accurately. To get one good pic,I need to attempt multiple times. If it is not problem with the focus, it is the colours. I think u, icy jade has one of the best photography skills here. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results