shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I don't remember if I posted pictures of my Cortez strand here or not. If I have, apology. This is a reply to the "What are your pearl holy grails?" thread. I have the 2011-B strand from Douglas which I bought at the 2011 Ruckus. It is baroque and keshi combo. 27 baroque pearls 8-9.4mm and 33 keshi. I restringed it with pink thread and used a larger clasp which can hold an enhancer (pictured here with my pastel Margo Pearl pendant). 20 to 22 inches long.

img_5355_copy.jpg

img_5401sm2.jpg

img_5410sm.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I have never seen their equal. :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom -- Thank you for posting and cross-referencing for us! AaaahhmaZING~

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
OMG, that is amazing!!! And on the pink thread... :appl: I die.

aprilzephyr

Rough_Rock
Pattye & HHPmom, your Sea of Cortez strands are extraordinary!

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
HHPMom, Thank you for posting photos of your strand, it's a beauty!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful strand! Wow the colors of the SoC pearls are incredible!! Love the clasp with enhancer and the pink thread. Seriously drooling over here!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your kind words. Do check out Cortez website ( not e-store) for the link to his blog. You have to go thru past months to see previous years' round strands and Keshi, etc. Mares Luci is a Keshi strand that takes your breath away.

What I meant above is I am not sure that I posted the SoC strand in this thread. I know I posted pictures in one of those Cortez threads.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
yes please!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
You can post it here -- or you can start your own thread highlighting just your Tahitians.

Either way, we'll gobble it up! Welcome!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
some necklaces:
-5_zpsbaa05e4c.jpg

I have a few more on their way and will post a proper family shot with all bracelet and earrings and such once they arrive!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Time for Seattle Gemfair. I went to my favorite vendor Beads and Gems from California, and here is the necklace. I bought the pearls, both baroque and keshi, and aqua beads are from ebay.

dsc04964.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I additionally remade my black and white necklace, and my old necklace which I like a lot, I removed all the bad looking pearls and added smoky quartz. It is my sentimental necklace. Half of the pearls in black and white are from PP, another half is from Beads and Gems. Onyx from tamara scott from etsy and black spinel is from beads and gems.

dsc04965.jpg

dsc04966.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I feel like a pearl vendor, but...

My tray (think I may need to get a new one soon...):
img_7204.jpg

All lined up:
img_1247.jpg

And my blue baroque akoya with rose overtones, matching earrings, and the giant baroque FWP pendant that happens to be an excellent match:
img_7181.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
icy-shade, nice collection! The blue akoya looks great!

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
icy_jade|1372697754|3475407 said:
I feel like a pearl vendor, but...

My tray (think I may need to get a new one soon...):
img_7204.jpg

Ha ha, yes you do look like a pearl vendor! Your pearls look beautiful in their tray.

Oh my, I'm sure some of you already have a brooch like this from Kojima. Or, maybe you snatched up my first choice, which was the one with dark petals! I'm not complaining though because mine is spectacularly beautiful, with a large outer ring of pink pearls and another ring of pink surrounding the middle pearl. It arrived in the mail today, and although I like brooches I'm actually contemplating making this into a barrette. For now, I'm just enjoying the beautiful design and lustrous keshi petals. Between this and Smith's beautiful brooch, I'm wondering if we should start a show me your pearl brooch thread?

p7030152__800x600_.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
alice87|1372865868|3476642 said:
icy-shade, nice collection! The blue akoya looks great!

Thanks! They are even more gorgeous in real life! Pearls are hard to photo but I think this beauty shot of a similar strand looks closer to what they actually look like in real life:
blue_baroque_pearl_necklace_project-beauty_shot_57.jpg

bluebirrrd|1372906032|3477072 said:
Ha ha, yes you do look like a pearl vendor! Your pearls look beautiful in their tray.

Oh my, I'm sure some of you already have a brooch like this from Kojima. Or, maybe you snatched up my first choice, which was the one with dark petals! I'm not complaining though because mine is spectacularly beautiful, with a large outer ring of pink pearls and another ring of pink surrounding the middle pearl. It arrived in the mail today, and although I like brooches I'm actually contemplating making this into a barrette. For now, I'm just enjoying the beautiful design and lustrous keshi petals. Between this and Smith's beautiful brooch, I'm wondering if we should start a show me your pearl brooch thread?

Wow the brooch is gorgeous! :appl: :appl: :appl:
I saw it on her blog too but didn't think I'll wear flowers. Now that I see yours, I wonder if I made a mistake! Really nice!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bluebirrd your kojima brooch is spectacular! Lucky you!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great on you!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks great on you.......envy you your long and unlined neck, too.....sigh.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Your Tahitians are beautiful :twirl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1373582109|3481395 said:
looks great on you.......envy you your long and unlined neck, too.....sigh.

Ahh... the things we never appreciated until we lost them... sigh... :((

On a happier note, one thing I love about my current pearl collection is the range of colours, so just wanted to share some group shots:

From top to bottom: 1. Metallic FWP from PP, 2.Multi-coloured ripple pearls from Kojima Pearl, 3. Lavender FWP cheapies from eBay, 4. Blue baroque akoya with rose overtone from Rakuten/LeCollier, 5. Dyed FWP cheapies from Bangkok, 6. Graduated multi-coloured long tahitian from Andy Muller, 7. Cherry tahitian from PP

This is just a line-up and the next 2 shots are taken from different sections.
From top to bottom: 1. Dyed grey baroque FWP cheapies from eBay, 2. Creamy gem grade from POJ, 3. Metallic FWP from PP, 4. Lavender FWP cheapies from eBay, 5. Blue baroque akoya with rose overtone from Rakuten/LeCollier, 6. Multi-coloured ripple pearls from Kojima Pearl, 7. Cherry tahitian from PP, 8. Dyed FWP cheapies from Bangkok, 9&10. Graduated multi-coloured long tahitian from Andy Muller

And yeah, had to buy a 2nd tray given all my recent purchases... :lol:

img_7376.jpg

img_7378.jpg

img_7377.jpg

img_1377.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I need more photos of those ripples please! They are one of my favorite strands on here. Is there a thread already?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
mrs. taylor|1373808820|3482758 said:
I need more photos of those ripples please! They are one of my favorite strands on here. Is there a thread already?

@mrs taylor: Are you referring to my ripples? Have more pics in this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-pearl-projects.189138/ In case you weren't referring to mine, pls just ignore. I know many PS-ers have great ripples, and they were so inspirational that I had to get my own strand! ;-)

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I was indeed talking to you. I LOVE them.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy Jade what a fabulous collection. I have not posted in a long time but after seeing all these gorgeous new additions to the SMYP thread, it is reviving my love of pearls all over again!! :love: :appl:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy Jade what a fabulous collection. I have not posted in a long time but after seeing all these gorgeous new additions to the SMYP thread, it is reviving my love of pearls all over again!! :love: :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut said:

Oh CushionCutNut every time I see your avatar I get a chill. I adore your earrings!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@mrs taylor: Thanks! Sarah has great pearls. I really like her ripple pearl strands.

cushioncutnut|1373815519|3482818 said:

@CCN: YOU have great pearls (and diamonds...). Just spent the last 30 min drooling over your collection... omg so many tahitians... :love:
Come back to us! There are so many new types of pearls and colours to love! :naughty:

theseventhsphinx

Rough_Rock
Re:

tag singer|1272655577|2556371 said:
Hi Everyone!

I''ve enjoyed lurking for a while, and decided it was time to say hello.

This is my daytime look.  For evening I pull out all the stops. 
26.gif

This is absolutely stunning!! How is it held together in the back? I must have this in my life!!!

Seriously, browsing this thread is an education.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results