shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Black Friday pearl purchases!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Someone sure snapped up that silver metallic and tourmaline necklace quickly!

My good intentions went out the window as soon as I saw those souffle pearls!

I got the pinkish/blue metallic one!

I want to make it the centrepiece of a mixed akoya strand. Now I have to decide how to get it drilled.

What did the rest of you pick up?

3339.gif

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Too much! I don't know if I should keep everything since I'm also planning to purchase more on Cyber Monday!

screen_shot_2013-11-29_at_1.png

screen_shot_2013-11-29_at_0.png

screen_shot_2013-11-29_at_2.png

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I had my eye briefly on the golden SS drops but BAM! They disappeared.

Probably better in the long run!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm in Australia and by the time I sorted out the time...half of the stuff was gone ! Just as well..I've spent far too much this year... tho..there were a few things that tempted...

Love what you guys purchased !! Fabulous luster !!

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
I bought the 8.46 g Metallic Freshwater Souffle Pearl Luna Pendant, 18-35 mm, white with lavender overtones with 14k white gold. I like icy white pearls with blue/lavender/pink tones so this ought to fit the bill, and I have been eyeing souffles for a while. Pretty excited!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I cannot wait to see everyone's purchases! I could not stay up till midnight so I was unable to get anything I wanted from this sale boohoo. ;( I would have gone for the 52 inch metallic strand and a baroque metallic pendant probably but that leaves me more money for something else I guess. But oh I love a deal. It's genius really because if not for this sale I didn't even have pearl purchases on my mind. Looking forward to seeing all the delicious pearl goodies you lucky gals snagged! :appl:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted a white ripple strand but it was out of stock by the time I got to the site. Oh well.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I was expecting a lot more soufflé though but there weren't many. I bought this one:

Appx. 16 to 20 mm
Blend of Bright Green, Peach, and Lavender
14K Yellow Gold Metallic Baroque

pp_black_friday_2013_souffle.gif

LtypeI

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm so excited, I had wanted to get a souffle pendant and I snagged one! Hmm how do I get a pic? I'm only getting a thumbnail-sized one in my orders history.

I got the Metallic Freshwater Souffle Pearl and Diamond Romantic Pendant, it's the one with the kind of bright pink tones. So smitten.... it was hard resisting the other deals, too, but I tried to stay focused.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have made these three purchases (so far): 35-inch Gem Quality 5.5-6.0 white freshwater drop pearl necklace, 7.64 g metallic freshwater souffle loose pearl, and one of the multi-color akoya bracelets.

For $90 I figure I can't go wrong on the white necklace. I'll either give it for a Christmas gift, keep it as is or use it as a basis for stringing up with other pearls.

I have been wanting a larger souffle, and it looks like this one will fit the bill. I'm planning to work with PP to get it drilled and set.

Finally, I love bracelets and the multi-color akoya will go with my white and silver blue akoya necklaces, as well as my light baroque golden South Sea strands. I currently wear the golden SS necklaces with a pair of golden akoya earrings from PP, so the bracelet will complete my golden suite.

whitegemdrop35.jpg

pinksouffle.jpg

multicolorakoyabracelet.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
LtypeI|1385739265|3564763 said:
LtypeI - I've been having the same problem. I can't get close ups of many of the pieces. I resorted to hovering over the image and doing a screen print. I have to think that not being able to examine the pearl photos closely will hurt sales. I took a leap of faith that they will be beautiful, as I'm sure you did as well.

Perhaps others are using a brower, or whatever, that allows them to get a better photo. In any case, this is the best that I can do. I'm afraid that your link will disappear soon when PP cleans up the sale pages of sold items.

This looks to be a stunning piece, and I hope you will post better photos when you receive it.

forlilia.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1385739804|3564768 said:
LtypeI|1385739265|3564763 said:
LtypeI - I've been having the same problem. I can't get close ups of many of the pieces. I resorted to hovering over the image and doing a screen print. I have to think that not being able to examine the pearl photos closely will hurt sales. I took a leap of faith that they will be beautiful, as I'm sure you did as well.

Perhaps others are using a brower, or whatever, that allows them to get a better photo. In any case, this is the best that I can do. I'm afraid that your link will disappear soon when PP cleans up the sale pages of sold items.

This looks to be a stunning piece, and I hope you will post better photos when you receive it.

I find the new pictures on the website hard to judge. The Tahitian necklace with opal was of interest to me but I can't see the silver up close and how the pearls are attached. As for the rest of the items, it's the same issue with other strands not on sale. You can hover and see only so much.

I use Safari. Screen shot doesn't work well either. I had to save the page as PDF, then click on the picture area of the PDF file to get a larger .GIF file for the photo.

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
I had difficulty seeing what I was buying as well. In the olden days (maybe a week ago?) I would click on the item and get the large picture, with the option of clicking on additional photos. Now when I click on the item, it just goes to description but no picture shows up. Fortunately, I know PP is a solid vendor from which to buy, and the description of "white metallic souffle with lavender overtones" pretty much made me salivate. I can't imagine NOT loving it!

Do you think they'll put up more goodies today, Sat or Sun?

Otherwise, I can't wait to see what Cyber Monday brings - I think I read a rumour of more Tahitians. I don't own Tahitians yet so would like to make the leap and it's always fun to get a great PP deal!

Congrats, everybody, on your new pearl babies! YES, this is my Christmas gift to myself, I hope y'all bought yourselves a little something as well!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1385738324|3564754 said:
I was expecting a lot more soufflé though but there weren't many. I bought this one:

Appx. 16 to 20 mm

HHPMom, I love these colors! I really wanted this one But it was sold out by the time i got to the site. Can't wait to see some IRL pics.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Looks like new stuff was added since last night. I see more soufflés available!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1385747276|3564803 said:
Looks like new stuff was added since last night. I see more soufflés available!

They just got added this morning. I think PP is uploading more as I type.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1385746747|3564801 said:

Appx. 16 to 20 mm

HHPMom, I love these colors! I really wanted this one But it was sold out by the time i got to the site. Can't wait to see some IRL pics.

I hope you are able to get another one this morning. Ten key by touch skill has its advantage when checking out. ;-) I just bought another soufflé. Think I'll give one to my sis or mom. Happy shopping everyone. Gotta go cook for another Thanksgiving get together.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! Gorgeous souffles all around!

Flygirl, I have the multicolour akoya bracelet and love it!!

I also got these from Pearls of Joy!

metallic_freshwater_rice_poj.jpeg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
katbran|1385727974|3564700 said:
I'm in Australia and by the time I sorted out the time...half of the stuff was gone ! Just as well..I've spent far too much this year... tho..there were a few things that tempted...

Love what you guys purchased !! Fabulous luster !!

Katbran, they are adding more every minute!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HHPmom|1385744621|3564790 said:
baby monster|1385736666|3564737 said:
I wanted a white ripple strand but it was out of stock by the time I got to the site. Oh well.

Website shows it's still there as of 11:02 AM CST USA. But I tried putting one in the cart to test it out for you then it says OOS.

http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-3329-white-freshwater-ripple-pearl-necklace.aspx

Thanks. The site seems to be lagging on showing items that sold. Too much traffic :)) .

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Appx. 16 to 20 mm

I liked that one too but I guess you already checked out :lol: . I just bought a similar one PP listed few minutes ago.

LtypeI

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks so much, FlyGirl and HHPmom! I did notice there were less photos than usual in these listings, but my one experience buying pearls from PP was pretty awesome so I'm not too worried. I assume the colors will be less bold in person, as is often the case with online photos, so I picked one with fairly bright colors. Honestly, I just want to add a souffle pearl to my collection, so it's all good.

I'm trying to resist looking some more. So.Hard.... They're adding more stuff? Hmm....

SMC

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1385754532|3564839 said:

Appx. 16 to 20 mm

I liked that one too but I guess you already checked out :lol: . I just bought a similar one PP listed few minutes ago.

Pictures or it didn't happen! :)

I just bought this one too - I think that I have too many. I may cancel the purchase.

screen_shot_2013-11-29_at_11.png

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sortmom, 4Ranchgirl, those are lovely!!

I, um, ventured into my first real keshi strand! Never been a fan of rice krispie or cornflake shaped pearls (although I think bsolmo has a lovely necklace with cornflake keshis).

But I couldn't resist these big exotics! 36" and a real steal!

3384_1_.gif

3384_2_.gif

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1385755341|3564846 said:
Sortmom, 4Ranchgirl, those are lovely!!

I, um, ventured into my first real keshi strand! Never been a fan of rice krispie or cornflake shaped pearls (although I think bsolmo has a lovely necklace with cornflake keshis).

But I couldn't resist these big exotics! 36" and a real steal!

oohhhhh- Periwinklegirl- I'm right there with you!!! I couldn't resist one of those strands either!!

Lovely items, everyone!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results