NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Secrets of the 2012 Ruckus 2 crazy pearl loves perspecti

Matched Chinese Kasumi style pearls for earring use

matchedchinakasumipairs.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

And last but not least, Sarah made brooches for the ladies to have. They were beautiful. Thank you Sarah.

brooch.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Now to end this segment:

A natural abalone pearl pendant, Japanese Kasumi-ga-ura ring and Chinese Freshwater white earrings.

abalonejapankasumiringchinesefreshwaterearrings.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Taking a break and will add more photos and text later.... Stay tuned for more fun at Secrets of the 2012 Ruckus....
NacreLover and 4 Ranch Girl's adventure....

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

The Saturday pictures Nacre Lover is posting was taken in the corner of the living room on a plain paper towle in East morning light. No glamor shots but just beautiful pearls.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my word ladies! Thank you so much for this. What a wonderful read. Such beautiful pearls! I wish I could go, but I would want one of everything. :love:

... W O W ... :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Saturday morning continued....

Josh Humbert also attended the ruckus. He is the owner of
http://kamokapearls.com/ and http://www.joshhumbert.com/

Josh is a very busy entrepreneur, father of two with a beautiful wife who writes and travels for Small planet. Unlike many in his industry, he is very conscious of the environment and the impact his company makes on the pristine waters he is growing in. Because of this he has adapted his cleaning and growing methods to make as little impact as possible and to encourage others to do the same. You can read his story at the link above.

I like to buy pearls from Josh because he is a wonderful person, I am impressed by his growing practices and the pearls he produces are just beautiful.

I was so happy last year to finally see his pearl in person and to buy my first Kamoka earrings. I contacted Josh earlier this year to see if he had any other cherry Tahitians to fit into my necklace I had purchased from Pearl Paradise. It is one of those things though, you need to set the pearl next to the strand to see if any match. I lucked out and was able to buy a 12mm to add to the front of the strand. I will contiunue my search for more, hopefully from Josh. (Keep up the good work).

Anyway, back to my story about Saturday. We were in the livingroom on the end of the estate, some on couches drinking coffee and chatting, some over at a small table on the side of the room. The morning light was soft and filtered and pearls on women's necks were alive with color.

We spread a white towel on the table and I got to work taking photos to share with you. I am not all that good but I did my best to get some color and focus too... OK now that I gave you my disclamer, here they are.

Josh brought one strand, keshi, small mm and large mm Kamoka's for us to look at and perhaps purchase if we wished. The pearls came to life in the filtered light.

First he showed me this strand

_674.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

The small MM Kamoka pearls.

josh2.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

The large loose Kamoka pearls. I didn't measure them but I purchased the 12mm and it was not the largest pearl in the lot. Mine is one of the front pearls to the right.

josh3.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Isn't this green/purple one incredible?

josh4.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Kamoka Pearl continued:

After I got done taking photos I joined DH and 4ranchgirl for coffee on the couch and some of the ladies who also needed some certain colors for projects of their own came to the table to play. One had earrings and wanted more pearls to make a coordiating pendant.

josh5.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Some were just shopping for individual pearls. Ahhhh. a 14MM in the caliper

josh6.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

When it was OK to buy the pearls, I went shopping. My new Kamoka pearl to add the cherry strand. Larger of the pearl earrings are also Kamoka pearls. I know I showed this to you above, but these pearls are sooooooo hard to find in larger sizes.

josh7.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

One more shot, to show you the Malibu mansion we stayed in for the Ruckus.

_676.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Now a break and 4 ranch girl will add the text for Sunday... Then my photos of "The Vault"

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

good grief: that was all only on Saturday?!

thank you both so much for sharing your pearl safari.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

MovieZombie, Those photos were just from one hour on Saturday. I can't post photos of the Tea Party, or crochet pearl earring class because they contain faces and we don't post those here... We had pool photos and shots of the ladies chatting with Jeremy in the sunroom off the pool...

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wowweee....amazing!!! love the pictures and all of the details. Took me 2 days to read this far and I can't wait for the vault story!!! (somehow I hear ta-da-da-da in my head whenever the word "vault" appears in the narrative).

Is it possible to see more pictures of that TDF SS strand?

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

Ahem, waiting for vault pics! :D

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Secrets of the Ruckus 2012

Sunday

Very early here comes the pitter patter of big and bigger feet down the stairs. WooHoo it is Mr and Mrs NacreLover . Coffee is brewing and it smells so good. We went into the sun room and chatted with good strong coffee, thank goodness. I think at this time I needed tooth picks to hold open my eyes because no sleep is finally catching up with me. Slowly more join us until the room is packed. We take group photo shots and trade pearl stories. Everyone is so excited to get in to the vault. We are supposed to be packed and out of the house at 10 oh well you know best laid plans and all. We have finally loaded up the cars and are on our way by 11. It is a beautiful morning for a drive along the coast...Thank goodness the traffic is not bad at all....and then we arrive. Oh boy oh boy the fun is about to begin.

Sunday has traditionally always been a Show and Tell Day. Other members brought pearls to show that we might have not ever seem before. More than what was presented yesterday. They come out fast and furious so much so the eyes are perpetually bugged out.

Sea of Coztes pearls and strands and mabes coming pouring out of bags. Strands and singles oh my for rare pearls they are plentiful here among our group. We really missed Douglas this year his pearls as well as his humor. Hopefully he will be back next year.

Jeremy brought out a Sea of Cortez from the 2011 harvest named " the matryoshka" like the Russian Dolls. It was a gift for Hisano who is designing a very special setting for it.

A bezel set Abalone pearl.

Bahraini natural pearl strands one strand was all Bahraini and one was the Bahraini and south sea mixed. Go to pg and look up "The Battle of the Pearls"

Hisano (the new Mrs. PP) showed us her new line "little h" that mixes metals with pearls and drilled precious gems, organic shapes of baroque south sea pearls. Interesting and unique, she is a talented jewelry designer.

Sherri wore her Galatea pendent. I did not think I would like this line in person but I now have added having one of these pearls to my list. Especially with the turquoise. Jeremy pulled out boxes of large white ss's and said that was a way to keep her occupied. She went home with many.

Jeremy brought out 2 strands of undrilled gem quality white south sea pearls one of which is in the picture NacreLover took that has been named "Battle of the Pearls" one of the strands has matching earrings that is going to a special customer.

More vault pearls.......Facetted nucleus pearls (also called "Diamond nucleauted"), huge metallic matched pairs for earring, Vietnamese multi colored Akoya strands, large white freshwater strands, south sea and golden pearls, boxes and boxes of Tahitians.

Some were just looking at the pearls and others were in the vault shopping and others were having custom items made. It was a wild and crazy time. Me I was flitting from place to place checking everyone's purchases out. Had my special pearl from Sarah drilled and set.

I brought strands that I had purchased in the past from PP and did not have glamour shots of them so the wonderful photographer Angela took pictures for me.

NacreLover meanwhile is taking pictures of everything tons and tons of pictures.

Everyone had different departure times so hugs are given freely to new friends and old.

A few final thoughts.....Another weekend that actually topped last years Ruckus. I am now counting the days until it happens again. Thinking of pearls that I now want to add to my collection. It is really nice meeting new PG friends who I really enjoyed getting to know and look forward to seeing again. Mr and Mrs Shepard really out did themselves pampering all of us. They do things with style and panache with their weekend party planning. It is a pleasure and an honor to be invited to attend the wonderful weekend.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

OK. Now bear with me because I can't post all these photos at once and I have to crop out heads.. May take a while, but there is lots to see.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

We asked some of the ladies to bring special pearls from their collections for a Sunday Vault show and tell.

Pearl Paradise has a huge square table inside the office. The light is natural bulbs so the pearls look their best to the eye. We were given access to take items out for inspeciton and sale if we wished.

Here are some of the ladies treasures brought for you to view:

Sea of Cortez Mabe pearl pendant and earrings next to a bezel set Abalone pearl Mabe pendant.

seacortez1.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Sea of Cortez strands which are very rare as their harvests are smaller than Tahatians are.

seacortez2.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Sea of Cortez pearl Named The Matryoshka. Hisano Shepherd is going to make a custom pendant from this pearl.

seacortez3.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

We took the pearl off the table in the lobby and put it in the light box. WOW!

seacortez4.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Hanadama grade akoya stand next to the loose strands of Metallic freshwater pearls

handamametallics.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results