shape
carat
color
clarity

Ripple and Oxidized silver tin cup project

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I got the supplies for this project early this week, and I just started on it.

I got some super dimply rippely little pearls and I wanted to make them into a long tin cup with oxidized silver chain and findings.

I have them spaced about 2 inches apart, but I think that they need something else. I was thinking of adding either some little pink tourmaline or black spinel beads in between the pearls or in between every other. Thoughts?

here are some of the pearls I choose and a small section of the tin cup. Its at about 30 inches, thinking of having it at 36 so it can double nicely, but then again maybe not.

fullsizerender_2_8.jpg

fullsizerender-51_0.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, the seller said they were natural colors, and I am guessing they are. they just have so many colors in person 'm hoping that it is the case. I only have a few ripple pieces, and they have 1-2 pearls that have these colors tones, but then again, these are super duper dimply so maybe the bumpy surface makes the tones stand out more.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so beautiful, I love it! I don't have any suggestions at the moment re what you could add, but even if you left it as is, it would be lovely. The contrast between the oxidized chain and the metallic light colored ripples is really appealing.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
That looks fantastic! I think it looks perfect as is...but if you wanted to spice it up a little, I'd suggest adding a tiny white pearl with green overtone station, or a light colored stone for sparkle...I'd shy away from pink and go for a light green color to play off the green overtones.
But I think it looks fantastic as it is!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I love it the way it is (and wish I had your talent). But, I do like the idea of tourmalines; maybe you could choose different shades, and mix in the watermelon pinks with some greens?

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
How about a trio of small stones between each pearl.....faceted rondelles...pink tourmaline sandwiched by black spinel....or if you wanted to stick with all tourmaline pink and green?

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I love it as it is; I would simply reduce the distance between pearls. Lovely!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ok, I have small round peridot or amethyst beads. and small faceted rondelle black spinel, pink tourmaline and clear quartz, and moonstone. I am thinking of adding 1 or 2 of one type between every other space, to give it a little extra something, but not to much.

Just not sure which ones to use

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

I picked the gems I liked the best, and laid them out next to the shaun to compare size and color. There is the black spinel, moonstone, tiny pink tourmaline and round peridot.

also heres me holding it up to get an idea of the spacing while wearing it.

fullsizerender_67.jpg

fullsizerender_1_25.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for pink tourmaline and peridot. Very spring. Happy colors.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I decided on the black spinel. I really liked the pink tourmaline but I didn't have enough of it, and the peridot wasn't the right green for it.
I think it came out cute for really cheap inexpensive ripple pearls - 43" too, which is a nice length.

fullsizerender_1_26.jpg

fullsizerender_2_9.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
That was really quick! Beautiful necklace ckrickett. Love the mix of blackened metal with the ripples.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice, ckrickett!! I love the length, too.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well done ! I like the black spinel ! The pink and green would have been cute .. you can do that next time . Nice colourful ripples !

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I am so impressed by your skills! And you work fast! Looks good.
BTW, are they from Etsy shop you mentioned in the other thread? I saw you ripple earrings and ordered two pairs from them. Will post the pictures when I get them.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
YC|1431506931|3875939 said:
I am so impressed by your skills! And you work fast! Looks good.
BTW, are they from Etsy shop you mentioned in the other thread? I saw you ripple earrings and ordered two pairs from them. Will post the pictures when I get them.

if it is Wenpearls then yes. which ones did you get

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ckrickett,
I bought two sets of flameball earrings- the $30 ones.They just mailed them so the earliest I expect to receive them is next week. I was tempted to get ripple strands or loose ripple pearls but am apprehensive about the quality if I am not choosing a specific pearl or strand. How has your experience been- do they let you choose specific pearls?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1431463397|3875701 said:
I decided on the black spinel. I really liked the pink tourmaline but I didn't have enough of it, and the peridot wasn't the right green for it.
I think it came out cute for really cheap inexpensive ripple pearls - 43" too, which is a nice length.

fullsizerender_1_26.jpg

fullsizerender_2_9.jpg

I'm really impressed by how crafty you are! :appl:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
YC|1431605386|3876595 said:
Hi Ckrickett,
I bought two sets of flameball earrings- the $30 ones.They just mailed them so the earliest I expect to receive them is next week. I was tempted to get ripple strands or loose ripple pearls but am apprehensive about the quality if I am not choosing a specific pearl or strand. How has your experience been- do they let you choose specific pearls?

she was VERY helpful, and let me choose the strands I wanted out of what she has available. I got the medium quality ones. I didn't want to spend a few hundred dollars unless I knew the quality. They are really nice for the price. The colors show up nicely in photos, but are super brassy gold in photos. Which made me wonder if they maybe were color treated. BUT she said natural colors, and there is a range of overtones and I do know lower quality ripples can sometimes be brassy (at least all the ones I have seen, if I am wrong feel free to correct me)

But to be honest most of the ones I got were nice. They have great luster and really ultra dimply surfaces which are fun! I may try a higher grade from her next time to compare.

which #s did you get?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I love how your project turned out. The oxidized silver and black spinel complement the pearls nicely, and it is a fresh "different" look.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
I love the final result! It was fun to see the pictures of the options as well. Thanks for sharing them.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I really do like how this project turned out! You have a good eye.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Ckrickett,
I bought #5 & #22. I was tempted to get #8 but it would be a little much to get so many earrings at one go.
Your experience sounds promising. If these earrings turn out well, I will seriously consider getting either some loose pearls or strand.

il_1.jpeg

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
This turned out really well Crickett! I love the oxidized silver with the pearls and the black spinels- great combo! :love:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
oh oh oh!!!! I was considering buying #5 I can't wait to see what these look like! I might go back and buy a few more pairs. Its a steal at $30

YC

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1431715233|3877163 said:
oh oh oh!!!! I was considering buying #5 I can't wait to see what these look like! I might go back and buy a few more pairs. Its a steal at $30

I noticed that she has recently listed a large number of drop shaped ripples. I am so very tempted to get more too. :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results