shape
carat
color
clarity

Rikitea Strand:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Jeremy blogged about the blue round Tahitian strands with a link to the Rikitea strands yesterday.

I've wanted a round blue strand for some time now, and was beginning to think it wasn't in the cards. I saw tons of Tahitians in person at the Ruckus, round and baroque, but not pure blue strands.

This strand grabbed me, and I grabbed it:

18-inch AAA 8.1-10.2 Tahitian Round Pearl Necklace
This lovely strand of round Tahitian pearls features pearls with a medium-dark blue body color and overtones of purple - rare colors!

I can hardly wait to see it in person.

For now, I am going to have it strung with a WG laser clasp. I may remove pearls for earrings later on, and the diamond rondelle idea is might appealing... but let me meet it first.

4669_1_.jpg

4669_2_.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Riketia Strand:

WOW! Pure beauty. A truly wonderful addition to your collection. Please post many photos!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Very nice, bsomlo. I think that strand has the most perfectly even blue colors. The best of the best. :love:

I fell for one as well. I asked for a blue body with purple overtones and ended up with this beauty.

18-inch AAA 8.3-10.7 Tahitian Round Pearl Necklace

"The stuning (sic) strand of round Tahitian pearls features pearls exhibiting one of the rarest body color of all - dark blue. The pearls have sharp luster and and some subtle overtones of cherry, which appear as purple around the edges."

I was tempted by the dark exotic purple ones, but the blue body strand won me over. This year has definitely been the year of the Tahitian for me. Who knows when such pearls will come our way again?

rikiteablue2.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

How very lovely! Please do post pictures, bsomlo and Flygirl! :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Fly Girl, sigh. That strand looks heavenly. I can hardly wait to see your neck shots. I loved that one, too, but the "dark blue" worried me since I don't like very dark pearls on me. Are you making any changes to it, or just having it strung?

Let's compare at the next Ruckus!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

I'm going with another equestrian clasp in yellow gold. I have been wearing my multi bracelet with that clasp nearly every day. I love, love, love it. In fact, I'm wearing my multi necklace with that clasp today as well. :)) In addition, that clasp will give me a little bit of extra length that I generally like with my strands.

The jury is still out on the diamond rondelles, but the beauty of pearls is that these could be added at a later date. Like you say, I'd like to meet the strand first. I expect that mine will be dark like 4Ranch Girl's blue body baroques.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Excellent choice! And it brings back such fond memories since the Equestrian clasp = Ruckus to me. Exciting! (Equestrian plus rondelles would be stunning, though entering quite formal territory...)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love blues, and that is gorgeous, thanks for sharing!!! :love: :love: :love:

DK :))

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Bsomlo, so you're the lucky ducky who scored that stunning strand! Congrats! I wonder how the blue Tahitians and Madamas will compare for you.

Fly Girl, dark blue with cherry overtones sounds fabulous. I was also very tempted by the dark cherry and aubergine strands, but figured the blues would be harder to come by later.

I can’t wait to see neck shots. We’ll have to have a Rikitea play date at the next Ruckus, lol.

I’ll post my strand on this thread too. I didn’t save the exact description before the listing disappeared, but it was something like dark midnight blue with subtle overtones of green and purple, AAA 8.1-10.9 mm.

I am considering having more pearls added to make the strand 20-21”, and/or using a longer clasp. I really like the Orbit clasps on my other strand, and KGH makes larger versions too, some with diamonds, which would look really cool if I wanted to attempt a lariat (although the pearls at the ends may be too small for that look to work). I love CRDKeshi’s brushed YG Orbit clasps, so I may do brushed WG instead of polished this time.

4666_1_0.jpg

4666_2_0.jpg

k600m__13x37mm_0.jpg

k601__13x57mm_0.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

After I spotted Jeremy's blog post yesterday, my evening's entertainment was to try to match up the Rikitea blue strands with the wave photo in the blog. I love those wave photos. :cheeky:

Here is my best guess, assuming, of course, that there are no more blue strands coming. :twirl:

Top Strand - 1550
Next (Bsomlos) - 1563
3rd from top - 1549
4th from top (Mine) - 1554
5th from top - 1559
6th from top - 1545
next to bottom (Kays) - 1557
Bottom - 1565

tahitian-blues-and-cherry-1024x682.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Excellent detective work!

How about from this picture?

I think mine is third from the top...

tahitian-blues.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock

Oh, you lucky friends! Congratulations, Fly Girl, Bsomlo and Kay!!! So happy for all ... I must pass this time, with a DEEP sigh, as these strands are just lovely. Does anyone else remember the strand on a bust at PP at the Ruckus? It was next to where I plucked my pink drops from :) The Tahitians were pale blues and green-blues, separated by white gold and diamond rondelles. It was on the PP website for a while ... and took my breath away in real life, and I don't like white gold, and am not the biggest diamond girl either. But the way those spacers accented the pearls ... incredible. BUT, VERY DRESSY; a red carpet look, and not as easy to dress down. Have fun ladies :)

P.S. Kay, I adore those diamond studded Orbit clasps, especially the brushed finish!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

bsomlo|1417483988|3793611 said:
Excellent detective work!

How about from this picture?

I think mine is third from the top...
This photo is much tougher, because there are fewer pearls on each strand visible.

I think you are correct about yours being the third from the top, due to the most even medium blue color across the pearls. The second from the bottom looks to be the blue-green strand, number 1545. I think the top strand is the blue-grey strand, number 1565. I'm guessing that mine is the half-hidden one that is fourth from the bottom (5th from the top). So, filling in the rest, I get, going from top to bottom: 1565, 1550, 1563, 1559, 1554, 1549, 1545, and the front is 1557.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

CRDKeshi|1417486464|3793640 said:
Oh, you lucky friends! Congratulations, Fly Girl, Bsomlo and Kay!!! So happy for all ... I must pass this time, with a DEEP sigh, as these strands are just lovely. Does anyone else remember the strand on a bust at PP at the Ruckus? It was next to where I plucked my pink drops from :) The Tahitians were pale blues and green-blues, separated by white gold and diamond rondelles. It was on the PP website for a while ... and took my breath away in real life, and I don't like white gold, and am not the biggest diamond girl either. But the way those spacers accented the pearls ... incredible. BUT, VERY DRESSY; a red carpet look, and not as easy to dress down. Have fun ladies :)

P.S. Kay, I adore those diamond studded Orbit clasps, especially the brushed finish!

Was it like this one:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-45-celestial-collection-diamond-rondelle-and-tahitian-pearl-necklace.aspx

I've been eyeing this style for a long time. Except I had wanted it with blue Tahitians. So... we'll see what the future holds....

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Just admiring strand 1551, a round pistachio and medium green. Yum. This would be the necklace to go along with the round Rikitea pistachio I picked up during the Connoisseur Sale that I'm having made into a fancy ring by T Lee. Sigh. Can't get them all! :pray:

18-inch AAA 8.1-10.9 Tahitian Round Pearl Necklace

This stunning strand of round Tahitian pearls features a very special color combination of pistachio and medium green with subtly hints of peacock throughout. The pearls are very clean and have beautiful luster.

p1551_pistachio_cropped.jpg

round18.jpg

bpearls_0.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Fly Girl, that is killer and would look SO good on you and with your ring pearl. And with some diamonds. Man, the temptations n.e.v.e.r. end. How can you pass that up?!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

And then there is this one, 18-inch AAA 8.7-10.9 Tahitian Round Pearl Necklace

"This stunning strand of round Tahitian pearls features pearls exhibiting the coveted "dark cherry" colors. The body color is very dark, and the cherry overtones pop."

I keep thinking of this dark Tahitian strand that I saw at the ruckus. I wonder if this Rikitea strand would be similarly stunning in real life? :drool:

pp1543cropped.jpg

ruckus_strand.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Well, hopefully someone on PS or PG will buy them and we'll see neck shots...

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Kay here is a copy and paste of your strand info. My link worked that you sent me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The body color of this stunning strand of round Tahitian pearls is predominately a midnight blue, a dark, dark blue with just hitnts of overtones such as purple and green.

The finished strand will be approximately 18 inches in length, knotted on color-matching silk and finished with your choice of 14-karat clasp.

Technical Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item # TAN100-1557
Pearl Type
Tahitian
Pearl Origin
French Polynesia
Pearl Size
8.1-10.9 mm
Strand Length
Approximately 18 inches
Pearl Quality
AAA
Metal
14K Gold
Luster
Very High
Blemishing
Very Light to None
Shape
Round

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

I am so thrilled that BS, FlyGirl and Kay got these beautiful blues. Congratulations ladies :appl: :appl: :appl: I can't wait to see what you think when they are in your hot little hands and around you necks. A "Blues" play date is in order next summer. Finally my strand will have friends :naughty:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

bsomlo|1417493661|3793684 said:
Well, hopefully someone on PS or PG will buy them and we'll see neck shots...
Yes. After all, they are on sale this week.

I decided to go for the blues. Jeremy's blog photos had that, 'quick, get out your wallet' pulse-racing reaction from me. As I learned from our mutual friend, 4Ranch Girl, this summer, you should listen when you have a physical reaction to a pearl. :))

And, I wear lots of blue clothes that will look great with these pearls. :bigsmile:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

4Ranch Girl|1417494127|3793690 said:
I am so thrilled that BS, FlyGirl and Kay got these beautiful blues. Congratulations ladies :appl: :appl: :appl: I can't wait to see what you think when they are in your hot little hands and around you necks. A "Blues" play date is in order next summer. Finally my strand will have friends :naughty:
Thank you, dear Pearl Queen. You had the original PP blue body strand. I can hardly believe that Jeremy made eight more from that batch of 5,600 pearls. What an amazing batch of pearls this was!!

By the way, I need to see your photos of your special strands from that batch of pearls. :bigsmile: Please? :saint:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Fly Girl|1417493269|3793681 said:
And then there is this one, 18-inch AAA 8.7-10.9 Tahitian Round Pearl Necklace

"This stunning strand of round Tahitian pearls features pearls exhibiting the coveted "dark cherry" colors. The body color is very dark, and the cherry overtones pop."

I keep thinking of this dark Tahitian strand that I saw at the ruckus. I wonder if this Rikitea strand would be similarly stunning in real life? :drool:
iwould be even more stunning because think the rikitea strand seems to have both kinds of cherry in it

cherry_1.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Beautiful strands ladies, well done! :love: :love: :appl: :appl: Can't wait to see those pic's......

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

It looks like there are still three blue strands left. 1549, 1545, and 1565. Of these, my favorite is 1545. It looks like the blue is more on the teal side and gorgeous. The 1549 has some mixed colors but is mostly blue. And, 1565 is the blue-grey toned one.

pp1545cropped.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Fly Girl|1417494633|3793694 said:
Thank you, dear Pearl Queen. You had the original PP blue body strand. I can hardly believe that Jeremy made eight more from that batch of 5,600 pearls. What an amazing batch of pearls this was!!

By the way, I need to see your photos of your special strands from that batch of pearls. :bigsmile: Please? :saint:
So sorry I keep trying to take pictures of them and I just can't get good ones of all their colors. They have such a very, very high luster if I'm out side they show the flowers or even the buildings in the distance I even have a picture of a fountian sprouting water 20 feet away that can be seen in the pearls. Believe me I do keep trying. Horrible problem I know :naughty: :lol: :mrgreen:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

4Ranch Girl|1417495433|3793705 said:
Fly Girl|1417494633|3793694 said:

So sorry I keep trying to take pictures of them and I just can't get good ones of all their colors. They have such a very, very high luster if I'm out side they show the flowers or even the buildings in the distance I even have a picture of a fountian sprouting water 20 feet away that can be seen in the pearls. Believe me I do keep trying. Horrible problem I know :naughty: :lol: :mrgreen:
Without other information I keep thinking that your strands are similar to the my two drops from the batch. The luster is amazing and the range of colors is absolutely stunning. An entire strand would be...wowza! :drool:

drops_0.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

ok, OK FlyGirl just for you here is 2 of the best of the bad pictures. The overtone colors do not even show in these pictures but you can see the luster and buildings a cross a big court yard. They are the ultimate peacock on very dark body. Sometimes they look blue/green and others with purple oil/gas slick colors. They are my little mirrors.

img_0128.jpg

img_6180.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock

bsomlo|1417492474|3793676 said:
Fly Girl, that is killer and would look SO good on you and with your ring pearl. And with some diamonds. Man, the temptations n.e.v.e.r. end. How can you pass that up?!

That strand would look amazing with YG diamond rondelles.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results