clarity

Rikitea Strand:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Re: Riketia Strand:

Pattye|1418096358|3798030 said:
Fly Girl|1417493269|3793681 said:
And then there is this one, 18-inch AAA 8.7-10.9 Tahitian Round Pearl Necklace

"This stunning strand of round Tahitian pearls features pearls exhibiting the coveted "dark cherry" colors. The body color is very dark, and the cherry overtones pop."

I keep thinking of this dark Tahitian strand that I saw at the ruckus. I wonder if this Rikitea strand would be similarly stunning in real life? :drool:

Just popping over to say this is a most interesting discussion and wanted to mention that the dark pearls on the young woman in the black and white top on page 1 are dyed freshwater from me, not Tahitians. (I hope I don't get in trouble. sorry if so.)

Thank you for clarifying the type and provenance of those pearls, Pattye. This wasn't the first time I have misidentified pearls from the ruckus, and I prefer to get it corrected. Those were so pretty. I hope our Tahitians look that nice.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- I can hardly wait to see your strand on Wednesday!!!

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Bsomlo and Everyone, :wavey:

So many gorgeous new pearls! Those pearls from Sarah are versatile and a lovely, perfect length on you, Baby Nurse!

No Rikitea strand for me this time around; they made great window shopping, though!

Taking pearl photos is incredibly frustrating and challenging; your discussions of glamor vs reality help me see your concerns.

Bsomlo, again, thank you for all your photos showing how the pearls and clothing color play off each other, fascinating!

Fly Girl, I will be checking back to see your amazing Rikitea strand! To have that strand of fw taken for Tahitians is a compliment indeed!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I agree with everyone thank you Bsomlo for the great review and photos, and for sharing this lovely strand with us here. I am sure you'll come across something really special but that also tug at your heartstrings very soon.
I am really looking forward to more reviews and photos! I must confess I bought one of the cherry strands, and I will post comments when I have them with me.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, great! Another one to look forward to seeing!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo - Thank you soooo much for posting all of those amazing pictures and documenting the way certain colors and lighting impact the way we see pearls. Your Rikitea strand is just perfection in matching, luster and quality - a once-in-a-lifetime strand. I too was completely drawn by their blue color on the website and understand why you are returning them. Pearls must draw us in and make us want them and if they don't there is a guarantee that someone else will be drawn in and worship them! Well, that might go going a bit too far but what the heck! I can't wait to see the reviews of others as they receive their Rikiteas!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
It was my absolute pleasure to share the experience of this strand with all of you.

I really appreciated the supportive, helpful, thoughtful and honest comments you all shared.

I especially appreciate PP's attitude, patience and customer service. I wondered from the get-go if this strand might prove too dark for me (my pearls are all light-colored with the exception of my one "exotic" Tahitian strand -- which Fly Girl brought to my attention, actually). I felt no pressure from PP at all. As a matter of fact, my satisfaction always seems to be their top priority. It doesn't get better than that.

Ermit

Rough_Rock
image_2700.jpg

Not sure if this image will post properly (first time poster!) This is strand 1550.

Ermit

Rough_Rock
Here are a few more photos. This is my first strand of round Tahitians and I love it. The strand does read slightly more blue green than a pure blue. I'm sorry your strand didn't work out for you, Bsomlo, but from what I see here you have a stunning collection!

image_2707.jpg

image_2706.jpg

image_2708.jpg

image_2709.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Ermit -- fantastic luster and color! The color looks smashing with your skin tone. Wear this strand in health for many years to come!

katkashmir

Rough_Rock
Here is my Rikitea Strand: dark blue with green and purple overtones. The jury is out on this one. The blue is great, happen have a pretty good match in earrings that Jeremy did for me a few years ago. Here's the glamour shot. Then various other lighting situations. The strand is quite beautiful - total understatement. I am trying to decide if it's really for me.

pp_1559_4667_1_dk_blue_green_purple_overtone_mine.jpg

rikitea_032.jpg

rikitea_056.jpg

rikitea_039.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ermit, that's the color I like!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
katkashmir, that Kamoka strand is stunning! Like the rikitea one too, but the multi colors really sing a song.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful Rikiteas, ladies!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Rikitea blue strands, Ermit and katkashmir. Thank you so much for the photos. It is great to see more of these strands along with the various PP shots.

I love this neck shot. The blue color and overtones simply sing here. :love:

rikitea_0.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1418171693|3798558 said:
Beautiful Rikitea blue strands, Ermit and katkashmir. Thank you so much for the photos. It is great to see more of these strands along with the various PP shots.

I love how they look in that photo too. My strand (1557) had a similar description to 1559, so I hope that is a good preview of mine. It is a beautiful strand, Katkashmir.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ermit, welcome to PS! :wavey: Your new strand looks gorgeous on you -- wonderful color and sharp luster. :love: I'm totally jealous because I wanted 1550 but wasn't fast enough.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Rikitea strands :appl: they are pretty special and look lovely on you.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ermit,

Thanks so much for sharing pics of your strand. It's the one I had been most interested in. It looks gorgeous on you!

katkashmir

Rough_Rock
Pirard|1418170763|3798549 said:
katkashmir, that Kamoka strand is stunning! Like the rikitea one too, but the multi colors really sing a song.

thanks Pirard.... yes I keep comparing everthing to that strand. I think I lean toward multicolors because they seem to enhance each other and keep me loving each and every color.

katkashmir

Rough_Rock

Thanks Fly Girl - Now I'm obsessed with some sort of Cherry strand. I feel like a pearl junky.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
katkashmir|1418187207|3798705 said:

Thanks Fly Girl - Now I'm obsessed with some sort of Cherry strand. I feel like a pearl junky.
Welcome to the club katkashmir :dance: there is nothing like starting out with the best of the best :mrgreen:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pearls ladies! The lustre and matching is amazing on those strands! I am happy to see 1550 live in action! That was my favourite blue strand.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I picked up my blue Rikitea Tahitian strand today. This is number 1554. First up, the vendor photos.

bluepp1545.jpg

bluepp10.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
And here is what I see.

blue_57.jpg

blue_58.jpg

blue_9614.jpg

blue_9603.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- what color is the background in your strand shots?

Your strand looks truly blue -- bluer than mine which appeared charcoal/teal to me. Are you over the moon?

I think your pearls look much better in real life than in the glamour shots. Congrats and wear in the best of health for many years to come!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
As you can see, there is some color variation as shown in the vendor photos, but overall, this strand is blue.

Next, comparing the blue Rikitea to my peacock Kamokas, which are green peacock on a grey base color. Once again, the Rikiteas look very blue. I'm keeping my Kamokas, however, because they are a lot bigger. :bigsmile:

bluekamoka_9625.jpg

bluekamoka_9621.jpg

bluekamoka_9640.jpg

blue_9664.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- look at that luster. Big Sigh...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1418349355|3799794 said:
Fly Girl -- what color is the background in your strand shots?

Your strand looks truly blue -- bluer than mine which appeared charcoal/teal to me. Are you over the moon?

I think your pearls look much better in real life than in the glamour shots. Congrats and wear in the best of health for many years to come!

I'm taking the photos in the outer white cardboard PP box that the pearls were shipped in. And, yes, these are KEEPERS! :dance:

Thank you, and I feel most fortunate with this strand.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
May I add, I just love the clasp you chose and it looks terrific in YG!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results