shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricing for large tahitian earrings

caro40

Shiny_Rock
dk168|1390403019|3598495 said:
I love pearls because I can get more visual impact with pearls than diamonds, in that I can get a nice pearl necklace for the price of a 1ct RB H VS1 triple X diamond that would disappear around my chunky neck!

DK :))

Absolutely. I love statement jewellery (but not too bright) and pearls fit that for me in a way that is (almost) manageable from a budget perspective and I can also get some variety. The first thing I saw in the shop where I bought my ropes was the most beautiful sapphire and diamond ring for $12K. Huge cornflower blue sapphire, stepped looking Art Deco diamonds. Just wonderful. I would buy it in a flash if i was truly cashed up. But would I get the statement I wanted, would I get a bit bored with it? I know that if I was to spend that much on pearls instead (which, err I may have come close to) I'd get heaps of different looks, lots of statements and I can also switch pearls around within a necklace as I need to. The flexibility is great and it's not a blingy as a massive diamond necklace, which not only could I not afford but I could not really wear at work without feeling very self conscious!

This is all starting from a non jewellery base, just three watches and a couple of rings. My conversion is complete.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
caro40 - I agree with everything you posted! I get much more wear and out of my pearls than any of the statement jewelry I have and it's much more fun! The conversion wasn't too painful, was it?!?! lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results