shape
carat
color
clarity

Preview of Two New Strands

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
These two strands were just finished by PP, to be shipped to me. I'm so excited and thought I'd share the pictures here.

First is a long strand of Tahitian with blue Akoya, with tiny white gold beads beside each Tahitian . This is going to be my 17th Anniversary gift, one big Tahitian for each year. The Akoya is 9-9.5. I'm a little worried that the strand might be too long at 45". Once I try it on, I may send it back to place some mystery clasps. Right now it is endless.

Then there is the drop Tahhitian with black spinel strand that took us almost three months to put together.

I'm a little overwhelmed, I think :bigsmile:

_29133.jpg

_29134.jpg

_29135.jpg

_29136.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love them both! Thank you for sharing them! The Tahitians look stunning next to the black spinels, and the blue Akoya/Tahitian strand is timeless.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Those are gorgeous. As for the length..depends on how tall you are. Ive done a couple that long as the person( 5'9') wanted it to double at around 22" . I think it will be gorgeous.

They are both beautiful !

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous Gorgeous GORGEOUS! :love:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yingh, these are beautiful pieces! I love the idea of combining Tahitians and akoya. Enjoy and wear them in health (and post lots of pictures)!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pieces, yingh. I especially love that blue akoya and Tahitian rope. It looks great.

One of the best parts about wearing ropes is how easy they are to put on and take off. Just sling over head once, or twice, straighten a bit and you are done. I would never use a clasp with such a piece, unless you really, really want to wear a single strand. But give it time to enjoy this way first. I think you will love wearing these.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new necklaces are just beautiful! I would also like to have a black spinel with tahitians necklace. If I am not too curious, may I ask you, how much does it cost? Of course, it is your decision if you answer or not, but I really have no idea! I just know, how much it costs from Gellner, and the prices of them are just horrendous, so I am hoping to find a more budget-friendly alternative.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
dkata|1429197797|3862921 said:
Your new necklaces are just beautiful! I would also like to have a black spinel with tahitians necklace. If I am not too curious, may I ask you, how much does it cost? Of course, it is your decision if you answer or not, but I really have no idea! I just know, how much it costs from Gellner, and the prices of them are just horrendous, so I am hoping to find a more budget-friendly alternative.

I don't mind sharing the price at all, but I don't have the final numbers yet. I believe it is around $850 for that Tahitian/spinel strand.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your new strands are exquisite. I love them both. They are tin cupish my preferred style. They can transition from elegant to funky and fun with just different outfits. Happy anniversary and may you be blessed with many many more.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
These are all super gorgeous!!! Congrats on the beautiful new pieces to your collection! I can't wait to see neck shots!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yingh, thank you for your quickly reply! It is a really good price, because I could get similar strand where I live from Gellner for more thousands of Euros! It is really incredible, how much the price difference is!

I wish you a happy anniversary, and enjoy your beautiful new strands! Can't wait for neckshots!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone who has replied!!

It is very difficult to sit still and wait for them to arrive. Sharing with you definitely makes that easier - somehow I feel you are waiting with me :tongue:

Many ideas of wearing the Tahitian/Akoya strand raced through my mind, and I know that I do not need to make a decision now. Mystry clasps? Lariat? Flexible clasp?

Maybe a simple shortener is all that I need?
http://www.riogrande.com/Product/14K-Yellow-Gold-Necklace-Shortener-Clasp-with-Safety-Catch/620363?Pos=48

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Yingh, happy anniversary! Both necklaces are just gorgeous. :love: :lickout: I love the combo of the blue Akoya and Tahitians. I am totally craving a Tahitian and black spinel necklace. Can't wait to see neck shots!

What size Tahitians did you use in each necklace?

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Kay|1429223696|3863197 said:
Yingh, happy anniversary! Both necklaces are just gorgeous. :love: :lickout: I love the combo of the blue Akoya and Tahitians. I am totally craving a Tahitian and black spinel necklace. Can't wait to see neck shots!

What size Tahitians did you use in each necklace?

Thank you Kay! The Tahitians with the Akoya are quite large - 13 to 14.8mm I believe. It is from PP item 1024.

I don't know the size of the spinel strand as we switched the pearls many times. During stringing, a pearl at the end of the line up decided to play hide and seek - and never turned up. The pay off was, We found that light gold pearl that I love very much. =)

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Can I share the inspiration design?
I got the ideal of Tahitian/Akoya from one of Catherine's strands - she used Tahitian and grey fresh water.

The spinel strand took the idea from pinkjewel's stunning necklace.

Here are comparison pictures. In both cases mine is the one on top left.

_29154.jpg

_29155.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
yingh|1429226979|3863228 said:
The Tahitians with the Akoya are quite large - 13 to 14.8mm I believe. It is from PP item 1024.

Wow. :) I had to check the original strand, and those are stunning pearls. Baroques that are quite round and have great color. Perfect for your project.

pp1024.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I think I need a stiff drink and a cigarette (and I don't smoke!) after seeing these...they are gorgeous.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Pirard|1429281022|3863496 said:
Wow, I think I need a stiff drink and a cigarette (and I don't smoke!) after seeing these...they are gorgeous.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard|1429281022|3863496 said:

Pirard, you are so funny! Thanks for your compliments.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm excited to see them on you! I hadn't realized that the blue akoyas were so large! Are they baroque or round? (they look round, but I had thought the Tahitians were round as well...). I love the how the spinel strand turned out too. All your hard work choosing pearls paid off!!!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1429306904|3863746 said:
I'm excited to see them on you! I hadn't realized that the blue akoyas were so large! Are they baroque or round? (they look round, but I had thought the Tahitians were round as well...). I love the how the spinel strand turned out too. All your hard work choosing pearls paid off!!!

Thank you Cmd! The Akoya are baroque but appear almost near round. I agree that the spinel strand is worth the wait - it was shipped today!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That strand you picked - 1024 is really really nice ! Quite uniform in size which is a bit of a find ! Thanks to Fly Girl for tracking down the photo!

I too like the idea of the Akoya with the Tahitians - turned out beautifully !!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Both strands are gorgeous!! Really pretty, I can't wait to see neck shots.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
After the very long wait, the Tahitian with spinel necklace arrived today. I'm in LOVE!

Also a gift to myself - a pair of white metallic dangle earrings. 9.2mm but they appear small.

My tea mug volunteered to model the new pieces.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
After the very long wait, the Tahitian with spinel necklace arrived today. I'm in LOVE!

Also a gift to myself - a pair of white metallic dangle earrings. 9.2mm but they appear small.

My tea mug volunteered to model the new pieces.

_29419.jpg

_29420.jpg

_29421.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results