shape
carat
color
clarity

PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did pick up a AAA Multicolor Tahitian I had been eyeing for quite a number of weeks - the sale price was almost $1K less, so I am very, very glad I waited to purchase - really looking forward to seeing it IRL.

Anyone else take advantage of this sale? - so many beautiful options at a wide range of price points!

doubledouble

Shiny_Rock
I have been waiting for this every since the blog posts showing these loose pearls! I have wanted to get a baroque Tahitian pearl strand as a gift for my mother for quite a while. She would never buy something like that for herself, but it's just her style.

I ordered two strands but will probably be returning one. I really wanted large pearls, dark bodycolor with vivid overtones, pleasing shapes, smooth and fairly clean surface, although I don't mind circles at all. I acted fast because I didn't want the perfect strand to get snapped up! Here are the ones I picked (both the same price) because they seemed to tick all my boxes. Thoughts?

"18-inch AA+/AAA 10.1-12.8 mm Baroque Tahitian Pearl Necklace
This large strand features baroque Tahitian pearls with a deep green bodycolor and colorful peacock overtones. The pearls are well-matched and large, at 10.1 to 12.8 mm. The pearls have very light blemishes, smooth surfaces, very high luster and orient."

18-inch AA+/AAA 9.9-12.9 mm Baroque Tahitian Pearl Necklace
This stunning strand features baroque Tahitian pearls with a very dark green bodycolor a cherry-peacock overtones. The pearls are well-matched and quite large with little to no visible blemishing and sharp, mirror-like reflection.

4152.jpg

4154.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couldn't resist getting a multicolored round strand. It looked so good. :lickout:

Can't wait to see everyone's neck shots :appl:

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
I was too slow I guess because I couldn't check out the strand I had in my cart.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I picked up a rope but it's no longer listed so I can't post a picture. I think I'll ask them for the glamour shot!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
double double, of the two you posted, I like the first strand. the colors (at least from the picture) look stronger.

4RG, I was drooling over the same strand! I hope someone gets it so I am not tempted. :wall: I'm trying to be good because I have a pearlie project in the works right now.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
mapo|1407275616|3726748 said:
4RG, I was drooling over the same strand! I hope someone gets it so I am not tempted. :wall: I'm trying to be good because I have a pearlie project in the works right now.
That strand would be in my cart so fast if I did not already have 2 strands waiting for me from that lot. When I get them I will post pictures.

caro40

Shiny_Rock
I think I may have bought the strand you're talking about but can't see the link (because it's gone) and it's not on the site anymore. I can't see what I bought! I bought in a blur of typing details because i thought it was so pretty and thought I'd review at my leisure later. It was TAN200-813-WP. AAA 8.8 (I think) to 11.5.

mapo

Shiny_Rock
caro40, thanks for taking me out of my misery :pray: I am eager to hear your review and pictures!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Caro 813 was the number :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Caro you scored :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I am so glad one of us got it :appl: :appl: Love that strand :love: can you tell I am thrilled for you :wavey:

caro40

Shiny_Rock
It's always so hard to know from the pictures and being in Australia means I can't assume I'll send back - postage is expensive. So I am super pleased that you guys with your eye for pearls have endorsed this one. Jeremy just sent me the photo and it's gorgeous.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Caro please post the pictures he sent. The different overtones on those pearls are just outstanding.

caro40

Shiny_Rock
Will do. I'm on iPad now (so don't know how to do it) and also have to leave for work, but will attach from work in a couple of hours.

mapo

Shiny_Rock
caro40|1407279694|3726803 said:
Will do. I'm on iPad now (so don't know how to do it) and also have to leave for work, but will attach from work in a couple of hours.

Thank you!!!!!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
dmz, that's gorgeous strand. your wife is going to be thrilled.

dmz

Rough_Rock
caro40|1407279866|3726806 said:
That is absolutely beautiful dmz, well done.

Thanks! It's always hard to know from the pictures.

caro40

Shiny_Rock
dmz|1407280062|3726808 said:
caro40|1407279694|3726803 said:

I think these links get to the original product shots...

http://www.pearlparadise.com/images/product/large/4049_1_.jpg
http://www.pearlparadise.com/images/product/large/4049_2_.jpg

How did you do that? Yes that's the one.

I won't post pictures now - dmz has kindly provided them for us :)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
dmz, you should have a very happy wife!

doubledouble, they both look lovely. Based on those pictures, I prefer the coloration of the first strand, but it would come down to which has the better luster and color IRL.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
dmz -- I don't know about your wife, but I certainly approve! Well done!

caro -- luscious!

doubledouble -- beautiful strands! I prefer the second, personally.

dmz

Rough_Rock

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations to everyone on their purchases! I hope to see lots of pictures here (hopefully also of the strand I missed so I can live vicariously....haha)

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I may have purchased something. :Up_to_something:

*checks credit card, sees it shaking like a leaf*

Yep. I did!
Btw, lovely lovely Tahitians everyone! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results