shape
carat
color
clarity

PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Oh good, Let's see some new neck shots, please!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1412128798|3759574 said:
I just got my blue green and multicoloured strand back from PP today (I sent them in to get lengthened just a bit). I am in love all over again!!! Such special strands from this sale!!! The new length is perfect! My dark strands nest perfectly now! Plus I had forgotten how much the white Tahtitians glow!

Yay for the perfect lengths! More neck shots, please.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will definitely get more neck shots! I got home too late last night though and missed the light. Today is looking pretty grim outside too, so is probably not a good day to get shots, but I will try when I get home. I'm not wearing either of them at the moment as I was running late for work, had just a paperwork day, and decided to go au natural (which is my nice way of saying that I am totally schleppy, with my hair undone, no makeup on, in grubby comfy clothes, and totally unsuited both for human consumption and pearls!). When I clean myself up though tonight (have a special dinner with DH scheduled for his birthday), I will try to get some shots to post!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok...here are some neck shots. Please excuse the bad light and red t-shirt!

_22870.jpg

_22871.jpg

_22872.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also wanted to get some shots comparing the multicolour strand with the AP strand for anyone who might be looking for a more silver coloured strand. These ones are chameleons! So different in different lights! The bottom is most like IRL. The AP ones are darker than the white Tahitians, and match the mid-tones ones in the multicoloured strand.

_22873.jpg

_22874.jpg

_22875.jpg

_22876.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They don't really nest, but here they are together. I'm glad to have my beauties home! I lucked out and PP was able to find one light and one dark pearl to lengthen them with, in a way that matches the pattern perfectly. Of all my strands, the multicoloured one is my absolute favourite, so I'm super happy to have it at the perfect length for me!

_22877.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Cmd, the colors and glow of your blue-green pearls in the first photo is gorgeous. I think I need a strand that color (someday). What length are your strands now?

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
cmd2014......both strands look absolutely beautiful on you. I hope you enjoy them.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful tahitians ladies!

Now do PP have a tahitian sale every year?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I think I really got lucky with the sale.

Kay, they're about 18.5 inches now. They were originally around 17.5 - 17.75, which was just a hair tight for me (they fit just fine, but I'm a bit weird about things sitting too close to my throat), so we added 2 pearls to each.

Bailey, I'm not sure...but im pretty sure there have been Tahitian sales in the past.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
They are beautiful drops cmd2014, I love the blue/green and peacocks together which complement each other well. The longer length is really better vs. the early pictures with too much spacing between. You are so fortunate you to get extra pearls for the multi strand. Which ones are they, back two near clasp? I really miss the daily purchases and exciting posts on this thread, glad it still going! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Your photos turned out good!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Bailey1856|1412210206|3760255 said:
Beautiful tahitians ladies!

Now do PP have a tahitian sale every year?

Bailey, Let's hope they do!!!!!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
They are both beautiful and I really love your multicolor strand. Enjoy them, now that they're home where they belong!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1412213453|3760289 said:
They are beautiful drops cmd2014, I love the blue/green and peacocks together which complement each other well. The longer length is really better vs. the early pictures with too much spacing between. You are so fortunate you to get extra pearls for the multi strand. Which ones are they, back two near clasp? I really miss the daily purchases and exciting posts on this thread, glad it still going! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Your photos turned out good!

Yes, it's the back two by the clasp. I'm super lucky there was a small white one available!

Bsomio, I love your strand too! We both lucked out!

It's amazing the difference a tiny bit of length makes. I've gone from liking my strands to :love: :love: :love: for them! I can't wait to get wearing them again!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014 - I'm glad your babies are back home! I'm not surprised the multi is your fav - it's outstanding! I know you'll be wearing it a lot! Oh, if you find you don't wear your blue/green enough I would be happy to help out lol!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pkinnew|1412253655|3760504 said:
cmd2014 - I'm glad your babies are back home! I'm not surprised the multi is your fav - it's outstanding! I know you'll be wearing it a lot! Oh, if you find you don't wear your blue/green enough I would be happy to help out lol!

Nope....now that I've come clean to DH about the fact that I bought them, they will be a regular fixture on my neck!. :bigsmile:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Drats, foiled again lol!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous pearls...and I live by the rule my mother taught me...I'd rather wear it than drive it, so I buy a new car every 10 years or so and spend my money on jewelry, clothing, shoes and bags!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard|1412539283|3762579 said:
Gorgeous pearls...and I live by the rule my mother taught me...I'd rather wear it than drive it, so I buy a new car every 10 years or so and spend my money on jewelry, clothing, shoes and bags!
What a great rule to be taught by your mom. I could do that one :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard|1412539283|3762579 said:
What a great rule to be taught by your mom. I could do that one :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
double post but still great advice

Kay

Ideal_Rock
My Tahitian necklaces that I selected at the Ruckus have arrived. This is the 35” “Loot 2” rope that I had converted into 2 shorter strands. The strand with the larger pearls is 19” and the strand with the smaller pearls is 18”. The AA+/AAA pearls range from 9 mm to 12.4 mm. Each strand has an Orbit clasp in WG.

The pearls are quite colorful in most lighting, but in most of my neck shots they look grey – I can’t figure out how to photograph them to show what I see in the mirror.

I love the versatility of these necklaces. I can clasp them separately to wear as single strands or a nested double. I can cross-clasp them in back to pull one strand longer to make a double with a gap between the strands. I can link the 2 strands together to make a rope because the clasps look like pretty gold links. I can also make a lariat if I use a pearl shortener. (The Orbit clasp does not open wide enough to slip over the strand – Chenai told me about this before I made my final clasp selection, but I chose the Orbit anyway because I love the look of the oval links.)

PP photos:

Nested double:

Double with a gap:

_23024.jpg

_23025.jpg

double5-1.png

_23026.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Worn as a rope:

The clasps lined up:

Rope with asymmetrical clasp placement:

rope2.jpg

rope4.jpg

rope3.jpg

rope5.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Worn as a lariat:

I need a bigger Tahitian drop:

Close-ups of clasps:

lariat_double1.jpg

lariat_double4-1b.png

clasp1.jpg

clasp3.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Closer shots of the pearls:

img_9490.jpg

img_9401.jpg

img_5732.jpg

img_9512.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Loot 2 strands combined with my AAA peacock drops to make a triple:

That's it for now. I'll take more photos of the AAA drops later.

_23027.jpg

lariat_triple1-1b.png

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay, those could not have turned out better. They are phenomenal! :appl: :appl: :appl:

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Kay your pearls are absolutely gorgeous on you, and I especially love the lariat style of wearing them.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Stunning drops. You much be delighted with all of the variations of wearing those strands. What fun you will have! :)) :appl:

Thanks for all of the pictures. :wavey:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Kay your rope is divine :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Love the smooth drops. What a collection you now have. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results