shape
carat
color
clarity

PP Summer Sale

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
jeweln|1468639585|4055981 said:
I was waiting to see if they have any special metallic earrings , unfortunately they don't . also they have raised their prices .

I think they have a lot of new items that are not on the website yet, from this recent buying trip to HK.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've noticed that prices have really jumped as well.

I don't find that many of the items in the summer sale suit my personal taste (the pastels don't work with my coloring and I don't love the really baroque shapes in the harvest strands). Or I already have pieces similar to those being offered. I also find I don't wear my pearls in the summer. It's too hot and the dress codes at work are much more relaxed. Plus I work from home a couple days a week if I can,so the opportunities are less. So the summer themed stuff is wasted on me a bit. But I'm curious to see what else might come.

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Have prices gone up? I only got on the pearl bandwagon late last year so have no idea.
I did see their blogs on some interesting items. Will be fun to see what is new

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Pearl prices have definitely gone up quite a bit, but PP warned us about that a couple of years ago. There are a number of factors involved, supply & demand (as always), pollution, etc. Competition in the international market, too.

I'm sitting here kicking myself for not buying one of the white baroque Akoya necklaces when I had the chance. Did anyone get one, and find that you're bored with it? :shifty:

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
I think a year or 2 ago , PP were coming up constantly with new designs . Now they have stopped , just repeating the old ones .

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've noticed this too. It looks like Hisano has a number of really interesting pieces that she is putting out through her little H line, but these aren't on offer through PP (or at least not very often - they can be custom ordered and sometimes they are offered as part of the connoisseur sale, but they are not part of the normal stock). I love the ones she has done recently where a window is hollowed out all the way through the pearl (like a tunnel rather than a cave) and the space is lines with larger gemstones (her grotto collection). But PP itself seems to have stayed pretty steady with the designs being offered during the sales over the past year or two. But who knows...there may be some new things in the upcoming releases.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
New items added -- again, the items I liked were sold out before I got there.

More money saved.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I almost managed this round too...until I saw the 14mm WSS pendant. My fingers slipped. What can I say?

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014 said:
I almost managed this round too...until I saw the 14mm WSS pendant. My fingers slipped. What can I say?

Say that you'll post photos? :angel:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ennui|1469077719|4057855 said:
cmd2014 said:

Say that you'll post photos? :angel:

Of course! Ive been wanting one for a while to wear with my WSS earrings on more casual days. I'm a bit worried that 14 mm will be huge though. I had been thinking 11-12, but I thought this was worth a try.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Of course! I've been wanting one for a while to wear with my WSS earrings on more casual days. I'm a bit worried that 14 mm will be huge though. I had been thinking 11-12, but I thought this was worth a try.

It will seem huge when you open the box, but then "pss" adjusts, and you'll love it. I have a 15mm WSS pendant that I bought during one of PP's monthly specials a few years ago. It doesn't look big to me.

I looked for your pendant, and that is beautiful. The diamonds make it classic elegance. :love:
I'm envious, because your pearl is much better than mine (mine is baroque).

Does this mean you aren't rushing back to Costco? :lol:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Frostme - I always thought that bar design was so unique and classy and it looks great on you!

Luvglitz - Your souffles are gorgeous and I know you'll love them.

cmd2014 - I can't wait to see your jumbo white SS treasure!

I'm not in the pearl-acquiring mode but it's great to see so many items sold out! More pearls for everyone!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew! How are you? Good to 'see' you! :appl:

pkinnew|1469120835|4058000 said:
Frostme - I always thought that bar design was so unique and classy and it looks great on you

Costco has a freshwater pearl bar necklace on their website, but the pearls are pink. I'm not a huge fan of pink pearls.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ennui|1469111891|4057939 said:
Of course! I've been wanting one for a while to wear with my WSS earrings on more casual days. I'm a bit worried that 14 mm will be huge though. I had been thinking 11-12, but I thought this was worth a try.

It will seem huge when you open the box, but then "pss" adjusts, and you'll love it. I have a 15mm WSS pendant that I bought during one of PP's monthly specials a few years ago. It doesn't look big to me.

I looked for your pendant, and that is beautiful. The diamonds make it classic elegance. :love:
I'm envious, because your pearl is much better than mine (mine is baroque).

Does this mean you aren't rushing back to Costco? :lol:

Dare I admit that I was thinking of going back for a second look today after work? :devil:

I feel lucky that I snagged the pendant. I was super late in seeing the second round of releases and wasn't imagining that I'd see anything that called me, and there it was. I managed to finish the purchase just before the power went out too (bad thunderstorm), so it must be meant to be.

It's good to know that a pendant in this size won't seem enormous when worn. I hear you about PSS though. I initially thought my 11mm metallic drops were too big (I had wanted 10mm ones but they were out, so I had to 'settle' for the larger ones)...but now they just seem normal.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
If it seems too large, try it on a longer chain. I see long pendant necklaces everywhere these days.

So, I took some old earrings apart, and now I have six 6.5mm loose Akoya pearls. Bar necklace? Floating necklace? Earrings?

I have some clear fishing-type line and a clasp. I'm thinking floating necklace to start.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a floating necklace and love it. Mine is a multi strand of tiny white and black freshwater pearls. My sister brought it back from China for me years ago. It's very versatile.

Costco also has a YG white freshwater bar necklace at the moment. It was very cute. I couldn't get a good picture though.

My AP earrings arrived. As usual, the pearl quality is fantastic and the YG huggies are great. The only small surprise is that I had ordered grey drops and had been expecting something that is this color (my grey set from AP):

The drops that arrived are these gorgeous pastel silver-green drops with a strong pink overtone. Here they are on both WG and YG huggies (the YG really pulls out the warm tones of the pearl...that's not a blemish on the one pearl; I schmutzed it with my fingers and didn't notice until I looked at the pictures):

Here they are compared to my peacock drops:

These are hard to capture (they're too shiny). The bottom picture is closest to how they look IRL. The YG huggies aren't showing well because of the weird angle. They're exactly the same as the WG ones (only I upgraded the diamond quality).

So I'm very happy with them; I just won't be wearing them with my grey strand like I had imagined. (It's ok...there are lots of other things they will work with!).

_4875.jpeg

_4876.jpeg

_4877.jpeg

_4878.jpeg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Your new drops are gorgeous! The pearls are really well matched.

Did you try them with your gray necklace? Depending on the ambient lighting, they may work.

They would look fantastic with that Costco keshi rope. :naughty:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ennui|1469148284|4058174 said:
Your new drops are gorgeous! The pearls are really well matched.

Did you try them with your gray necklace? Depending on the ambient lighting, they may work.

They would look fantastic with that Costco keshi rope. :naughty:

Gah! I know. I've pretty much decided that everything would look good with that rope. Of course, if I hadn't bought the earrings and the pendant, I'd only be a little shy of paying for the rope. But then you guys would be hearing about that instead! :))

I think the drops are great too. I actually think they'll work really well with my PP white/multi Tahitian strand. I'll try them with the grey strand too. You're right, they may look ok as matching doesn't have to be exact when they're worn a bit apart (and they will probably reflect the grey from the necklace). I really can't complain about getting better pearls than I imagined. Plus, I do have earrings specifically matched to that strand (and studs that work too). I'm not really suffering for choices. :halo:

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Cmd2014, I love looking at your pearls. Enjoy your new addition.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Staceyjan! I hope you're enjoying your new strands too!

Ennui, you were right about the drops blending well with my grey strand once they are on. I think they work quite well. Actually, these drops are chameleons and go with quite a few of my strands. Of course I took pictures (but my bathroom light makes everything look a bit darker than sunlight).

With the grey strand:

With my multi strand:

With my green/peacock strand (they start to look a bit more silver against these):

Oh, and here are the YG huggies with my metallic drops

_4891.jpeg

_4893.jpeg

_4892.jpeg

_4894.jpeg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
No worries cmd2014, big pearls :love: the larger pearls look great hanging long on chains with ropes or short. I love my 14mm's and above. Did you watch the RNC last night. Ivanka Trump had some very large beautiful white studs on I would imagine they are South Seas, she is so elegant and poised. She had her own designed dress at $138.00. Stunning>

images_34.jpg

rs_1024x759-160721192841-1024.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I am so jelly cmd2014, your new drops and YG diamond hoop huggies :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: are fabulous. :wall: :wall: Can you tell a difference in quality in the upgrade, I am so supprised you got YG Yea! SO Pretty on you! I am finding that all the Tahitian really do work together they are amazing creatures. I love the yellow gold on you and those metallic drops... gosh.

HI PKINNEW!!! So happy you have joined us, please don't stay away we miss you!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
This is absolutely stunning cmd2014, it was meant for you. I love that finding so much! Just beautiful, I just had to post picture for you.

5994_1_.jpg

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Cmd looks like u got yourself a winner, well several with be gold huggies, beautiful drops (I see a slight dark purple pink on my screen - nice) and that SS drop (thank u Frost me for posting the pic ).
Thanks for sharing your pics

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1469198226|4058315 said:
I am so jelly cmd2014, your new drops and YG diamond hoop huggies :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: are fabulous. :wall: :wall: Can you tell a difference in quality in the upgrade, I am so supprised you got YG Yea! SO Pretty on you! I am finding that all the Tahitian really do work together they are amazing creatures. I love the yellow gold on you and those metallic drops... gosh.

The difference in the quality with the upgrade isn't significant. The only thing was that on the very bottom diamond on my WG huggies there was an inclusion that you totally cannot see when looking at it with your eyes or when it's on the ear, but I noticed it in my pictures (that were of course blown up and magnified) and so now I know it's there and can see it now when I'm looking closely at it because I know it's there. So I figured it was worth the extra little bit to get a mind-clean experience. In looking at the two sets side by side though, they look very similar, and the WG might even have a tiny bit more sparkle. The diamonds look bigger too in the WG, even though they are the exact same size.

I know, I'm not a YG girl. But I do have a few YG pieces (mainly gifts from my parents), so I thought it would be good to have some earrings to wear with them. Plus, I am coming around to the appeal of YG now that I have a good selection of WG jewelry. I still think WG suits me a bit better though.

The drops have amazing luster. IRL they look silver-grey with a rose overtone that is obvious in all lights. My peacock ones from AP are quite a bit darker and much more blue-green in body colour (they look teal in most lights). One has intense peacock overtones that is visible in all lights, the other is more subtle and tends to pop in diffuse light only. Despite this, they look really well matched when on.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kalmen. I'm happy with my finds too. I just need to get better at pictures. I think IJ and BN need to hold a seminar on that!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1469197587|4058310 said:
No worries cmd2014, big pearls :love: the larger pearls look great hanging long on chains with ropes or short. I love my 14mm's and above. Did you watch the RNC last night. Ivanka Trump had some very large beautiful white studs on I would imagine they are South Seas, she is so elegant and poised. She had her own designed dress at $138.00. Stunning>

images_34.jpg

rs_1024x759-160721192841-1024.jpg

I noticed her earrings right away too! So classy! It's hard to go wrong with classic (and huge) pearls!!!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Cmd your new drops are just gorgeous! Sharp luster and beautiful overtones. Love the Huggies too. :love:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
ennui|1469137087|4058102 said:
I have six 6.5mm loose Akoya pearls. Bar necklace? Floating necklace? Earrings?

I have some clear fishing-type line and a clasp. I'm thinking floating necklace to start.

Since I know you are all on pins and needles ... I drafted up the floating necklace, didn't like it, so I found a very fine gold singapore chain and made an add-a-bead style pearl necklace. I really like it! I hope it's not too young for me, but I could see myself wearing it for the rest of the summer. :appl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ennui|1469299457|4058656 said:
ennui|1469137087|4058102 said:
I have six 6.5mm loose Akoya pearls. Bar necklace? Floating necklace? Earrings?

Since I know you are all on pins and needles ... I drafted up the floating necklace, didn't like it, so I found a very fine gold singapore chain and made an add-a-bead style pearl necklace. I really like it! I hope it's not too young for me, but I could see myself wearing it for the rest of the summer. :appl:

Well of course you need to post pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results