shape
carat
color
clarity

PP Pearl Shopping in HongKong next week

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Girls we going to be in trouble :naughty: Jeremy's words " We are going to mostly be looking for new & exciting. " :appl: :appl: I have heard that before and I have had to make a beeline up there to see what he has brought home. :lickout: If there is something you are dreaming of now is the time to let him know so he can find it for you. He has my list :mrgreen:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
4RanchGirl -- I smell trouble. He has my request, too...

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to hear more about your lists! I don't have one now but I look forward to being pleasantly surprised with what he brings back!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I wish I knew what I needed before the Hong Kong trip. But, I can't imagine what new and wonderful things are there to be discovered.

I'm sure once he is back, I'll need something from the trip. :bigsmile:

I look forward to his report and yours with great anticipation. :wavey:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I am SO excited to see what they find on their HK trip! I am sure I will NEED something :lol: I also look forward to hearing about your next trip up there 4RG :wavey:

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I am very excited to see what they bring back. I am really hoping for some amazing fireballs. I would love a set of statement earrings.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Any news on what goodies they are finding??!!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I don't think that they have left yet. I have an e-mail from Jeremy saying that he and Hisano fly out on Thursday.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Oh, thanks! I guess that means I have one more day to put in a request!!

doubledouble

Shiny_Rock
I am so excited about this... Hisano is sourcing 4-5mm AAA freshwater pearls with an ivory or rose overtone to do a reproduction of the Tiffany's 87" rope from the Ziegfeld Collection. naria already commissioned a rope inspired by this Tiffany's design and the results are stunning: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vintage-jazz-age-inspired-rope.189097/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vintage-jazz-age-inspired-rope.189097/[/URL] Ours will be a more faithful repro at the original length and the original pattern, but we are adding a clasp and matching studs. This is for a birthday present for my fiancee. I have never bought pearls before. I can't wait!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
doubledouble - That sounds like an excellent first pearl purchase! I think the Tiffany design is distinctive and the length is so flexible. Can't wait to see pictures!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
4RanchGirl - I gave them a very short list just in case they get lucky! I would love a pendant and/or drop earrings to match my emerald green Tahitian pearl ring. I know they probably won't know if they have one until they get home and go through the "tonnage" but I can wait. I also am interested in getting a large, deep multi-colored souffle pearl to make into an enhancer. I can't wait to hear if they drop any hints or "tid bits" to you about what exciting pearls they've found!!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - Love those carved pearl & opal Galatea pearls! I think PP had some at one point and they were amazing! I also LOVE the multi-color Edison strands!!! What amazing colors and the 16mm size - WOW! Can't wait to see what happens today!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I am not sure how I feel about carved pearls...but if I were going to try them I would certainly go for the opal ones :love: :love: :love: My guess is that the opal nucleated Galatea pearls are stunning IRL. Those metallic Edison's are breathtaking too!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Those carved pearls are totally cool and remind me of aliens. Or a spaceship.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Shoot, who needs a car anyway!

rose_coloured_akoyas.jpg

pistachio_akoyas_hk_2014.jpg

blue_ss_pair_hk.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1393901425|3626957 said:
Kevin Canning has posted his Day 1 report from Hong Kong on the Pearls of Joy blog.

http://www.pearlsofjoy.com/March-2014-Hong-Kong-Pearl-Show--Day-1_b_51.html

Of course, this is what I need. :bigsmile: Carved opal-nucleated pearls. So beautiful, but how can you know what wonderful things are going to be there? :?: :cheeky:

It comforts me to know that these are out of my price range (means I can't be tempted).
Since a big ball of high quality opal isn't exactly going to be affordable when it's not wearing a Tahitian!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Oh those white ripple strands :love: :love: :love: Mmmm also love the Vietnamese Akoyas and blue SS pairs!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek - I just saw the blog and man do I want a pair of blue SS earrings!!! Better start saving now!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
periwinklegirl|1394005682|3627808 said:
Shoot, who needs a car anyway!
Everyone will be begging to drive you just so they can stare at these pearls :lol: :naughty:

I'm loving all of Kevin's photos. Hoping to add to my ripple collection when POJ puts up the new items for sale.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew|1394042473|3628039 said:
LitGeek - I just saw the blog and man do I want a pair of blue SS earrings!!! Better start saving now!

Oh boy, you are in trouble :lol: :lol: :lol: You definitely NEED a pair to wear with your stunning new pendant :naughty: I think I might NEED a pair too :geek: I do like the idea of the baroque studs...

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Pearlescence|1394116145|3628613 said:
Kevin's Blog and pix from Hong Kong are making me so jealous. I couldn't go.....
I hope posting a link to his blog is okay?
http://www.pearlsofjoy.com/blog.asp
I am envious too :mrgreen: Though it is probably best for the sake of marriage that I am not there :lol: :lol: :lol: Sure is fun following along with his posts!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Some eye candy from Kevin's Day three:

hk_ombre.jpg

hk_trio.jpg

hk_single_gold_edision.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
More Edisons. That middle pair of drops is calling me!

hk_eadison_drop_pears.jpg

hk_single_gold_0.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl - I love your dream drops! I also love that gold Edison! They must be having a fantastic time!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results