shape
carat
color
clarity

PP new designs!!!

LtypeI

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Juliebeth, that's gorge! I saw your other pics, love it.

PP really hits it out of the park with their necklace designs, they're beautiful.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1378397850|3515009 said:
bsomlo|1378328551|3514561 said:
misskittycat -- We will have to agree to disagree. The asymmetry is exactly what makes it my FAVORITE of the ones they've offered in this style! But I know if that bugs you, it is not the right necklace for you. (It's always a relief NOT to want something!)

It's great so we don't all 'fight' over the same things. :D Am with ms kc on the asymmetry bugging me. :loopy:

Bsomlo, I am so relieved that finally there is something we both don't want!! I lust after your two goddess pendants. They are killer. But did you buy that necklace? It's now been sold! At least I can stop thinking about it!

icy_jade, it's so great that people really like different things!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
misskittycat -- I also saw it was sold! No, it wasn't me. I have bought SO MUCH lately I am ashamed.

I hope it was "one of us" so we can see it worn. I'm very curious to see how it looks on.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
My only reservation - other than the colour asymmetry - was the peachyness of the pearls. My skin is really quite pink toned so I worry it will all just blend in. But the design was amazing. Spectacular. I hope it's gone to a lovely home where it will be adored and loved.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I am amazed PP still have Edison earrings pairs available. I am just truly fascinated by them.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
misskittycat|1378328271|3514557 said:
bsomlo|1378135355|3513538 said:

I really like that necklace, but something about the asymmetry on the pearls colour bugs me. I know I would wish the top two pearls were the same every time I wore the necklace... Mr K offered to buy it for me but I just can't hit Buy.

I don't like the asymmetry either but it's still pleasing because there are only 2 small pearls. An exception is an ombre strand where the color just graduates with a pleasing effect to the eye. In a strand, pieces that have mixed characteristics should be kept to a minimum, at least for me. Mixing more than two characteristics (size, color, shape, surface, luster) just looks too confusing. For example mixing a strand of different sizes and colors with same shape is ok. But adding multiple shapes (baroque, round, etc) to the size and color mix is just confusing and fussy. Same with those that have dark strand and one white pearl on one side that makes a stark contrast. I admit that I bought a multicolor Tahitian strand (not PP) that had one white pearl on one side near the center among all the surrounding dark colors. I ended up returning it. The first thing I saw in that strand was the white pearl and it bugged me. lol.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom|1378567826|3516234 said:
In a strand, pieces that have mixed characteristics should be kept to a minimum, at least for me. Mixing more than two characteristics (size, color, shape, surface, luster) just looks too confusing. For example mixing a strand of different sizes and colors with same shape is ok. But adding multiple shapes (baroque, round, etc) to the size and color mix is just confusing and fussy. Same with those that have dark strand and one white pearl on one side that makes a stark contrast.

Adding randomness to the list of characteristics. I guess mixing 3 characteristics is still ok as long as there is not too much randomness. With 3 characteristics then the strand should be in symmetry. I am too OCD.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1378145003|3513605 said:
Fly Girl|1378138433|3513553 said:
Well, I finally gave in to the Edison earrings. I see a group with 11-12mm with slight button shapes, which I'm thinking will work nicely for studs.

I just ordered pair E. :))

http://www.pearlparadise.com/110120-mm-BeadNucleated-Freshwater-Edison-Pearl-Stud-Earring5044.aspx

Oh congrats :love: :love: those are big and lovely :love: :love: :love: Looking forward to ear shots!
The Edison earrings arrived a few days ago. Not light pink, not dark pink, but a nice medium pearly pink.

I like the button shape as it fits better on the ear and saves a bit of weight.

ppedisons.jpg

ppedison_6248.jpg

ppedisone.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl -- Nice! Wear them in health. I also prefer button shape for pearl stud earrings.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely earrings and such a beautiful color on your ears, Flygirl. The shape is very nice, not flat like most buttons. I am amazed at the color range from your 2nd picture.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice FlyGirl. Love big pearl earrings and the color is TDF. :appl: :appl: :appl: Enjoy your new beauties.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Fly Girl your new Edison buttons are lovely :love: Their color is just beautiful and they look fantastic on you :appl: :appl: :appl:

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I bet they the Edison's studs look much nicer than the picture. I just so much love the color.

A

Andromeda

Fly Girl|1378684537|3516985 said:
LitGeek|1378145003|3513605 said:
Fly Girl|1378138433|3513553 said:
Well, I finally gave in to the Edison earrings. I see a group with 11-12mm with slight button shapes, which I'm thinking will work nicely for studs.

I just ordered pair E. :))

http://www.pearlparadise.com/110120-mm-BeadNucleated-Freshwater-Edison-Pearl-Stud-Earring5044.aspx

Oh congrats :love: :love: those are big and lovely :love: :love: :love: Looking forward to ear shots!
The Edison earrings arrived a few days ago. Not light pink, not dark pink, but a nice medium pearly pink.

I like the button shape as it fits better on the ear and saves a bit of weight.

They look so beautiful on your lovely earlobes FlyGirl! I am so in love with your big studs! :love: :love:

For my dainty lobes, 10mm literally takes up all of the lobe real estate! Do you think button is a better option than round when going for big sized pearl studs?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results