shape
carat
color
clarity

PP contact!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
so, I've got a local high karat gold artisan to work on my Pompeii earring project!
but she needs to know the dimensions of the pearls so she can determine the gauge of 22k wire.....
BUT
no one is answering at PP and the chat line is "off line.
I sent Jeremy an e-mail late yesterday afternoon.
any other way to reach him?

I know they're buys with the mothers' day sale.......but I've been trying to get through via phone since 3p Monday afternoon.....

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I emailed Jeremy for you. Because of the power outage in the building until late this morning it might take him a while to get back to you. He is waiting on IT people to get the phones and computers up and running again.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, thank god its a power outage!
I as afraid he had a personal emergency....i'm so glad that wasn't the case!
apparently, the outage happened yesterday because I tried and tried throughout the afternoon!
ok, no real emergency and i'll just let the "artisan" know.
thanks! really appreciate your jumping in. :appl:
no hurry on the dimensions if you talk to him. when he next gets into the office and has phone/computer access.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
decided to go garden since I couldn't get in touch with Jeremy.....returned to find his e-mail. thanks, ladies!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to say that I am excited for you MZ, I can't wait to see your ancient jewels brought to life.
4RG, you a such an asset to this forum! :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
person who is going to do this simple project is into Etruscan jewelry......and I may have to reign her in re wanting to put beading on everything! however, I can see the potential for making some tweaks and will have to decide whether or not I want to adhere to the original or use it as inspiration for a more intricate look. at this point, I want the lean original look.......

i'm getting nervous now re the size of the pearls and how heavy the earrings will be.......

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Jane you flatter me. Thank you very much but I am only an old woman who loves pearls, always have and always will.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1367987502|3442506 said:
person who is going to do this simple project is into Etruscan jewelry......and I may have to reign her in re wanting to put beading on everything! however, I can see the potential for making some tweaks and will have to decide whether or not I want to adhere to the original or use it as inspiration for a more intricate look. at this point, I want the lean original look.......

i'm getting nervous now re the size of the pearls and how heavy the earrings will be.......

I would go with your instinct to keep them lean. The original design is timeless and could be worn everyday casually or dressed to the nines :twirl: It also allows the beautiful pearls be the stars!

I found this lovely 2000 year old earring found in Jerusalem on Pinterest and thought you would appreciate it :wavey:

screen_shot_2013-05-08_at_7.png

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, that is gorgeous as well!
i'm keeping that for future contemplation!
I think you've got my number!
if you see anything else that you think would interest me, please please please do not hesitate to post it!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1368027613|3442762 said:
OMG, that is gorgeous as well!
i'm keeping that for future contemplation!
I think you've got my number!
if you see anything else that you think would interest me, please please please do not hesitate to post it!

You got it ;-)

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek, that is awesome! Looks like high karat gold, and detachable pendants. I really like that design! :appl:

4Ranch Girl said:
Oh Jane you flatter me. Thank you very much but I am only an old woman who loves pearls, always have and always will.
:)) I think that one is as old as one thinks/feels they are.
I'm glad you share your love of pearls. My bank balance is not! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results