shape
carat
color
clarity

PP August 2013 Specials

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So who got what loots? The specials went fast!

Mine:

Hmm... On 2nd thoughts, think I bought too many earrings. Haiz. Bad girl for impulsive midnight shopping. I need to use a bum hitting emoticon.

I did resist the metallic freshadama strand and akoya torsade tho.

Also cancelled this:

_8423.jpg

_8424.jpg

_8425.jpg

_8426.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
You scored some beautiful pearls icy_jade! I was able to resist temptation :saint: but only because I already have a few pearl projects in the works. The chocolate Tahitian w/pink freshies strand is totally fabulous! Also magnificent is the blue akoya torsade and the wSS baroque rope. Oh and I love the fireball strand ~ they look like little sea monsters!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I am seriously tempted by the Souffle diamond drop earrings but I honestly think they might be a bit much on me if I wear them with my souffles or freshwater necklaces, plus I have my anniversary south sea pearl drop earrings which I need to wear more frequently ;-)

So many truly beautiful things!!

I do wish I had been up early enough for this:

_33.gif

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1375383965|3494711 said:
You scored some beautiful pearls icy_jade! I was able to resist temptation :saint: but only because I already have a few pearl projects in the works. The chocolate Tahitian w/pink freshies strand is totally fabulous! Also magnificent is the blue akoya torsade and the wSS baroque rope. Oh and I love the fireball strand ~ they look like little sea monsters!

I couldn't resist the drop necklace... Haiz. So then had to get earrings too right? Rationalized that I can get plenty of wear from them at work...

misskittycat said:
I am seriously tempted by the Souffle diamond drop earrings but I honestly think they might be a bit much on me if I wear them with my souffles or freshwater necklaces, plus I have my anniversary south sea pearl drop earrings which I need to wear more frequently ;-)

So many truly beautiful things!!

I do wish I had been up early enough for this:

Oh, it stopped me for a while too. Saw it when it first got posted (new stuff were posted over the next hour or so).

Actually I don't think it's too much... :naughty:

Did you see this lovely lavender soufflé with the gorgeous diamond clasp?
http://www.pearlparadise.com/Metallic-Freshwater-Soufflé-Pearl-Necklace4896.aspx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love what you got icy jade! I wanted to get the 8-9 mm metallic freshwater necklace but I was at work when the pearls were listed and I have a very slow internet connection on my smartphone there so I wasn't fast enough. :(( But, the happy news is I was able to get a different necklace that I am very excited to wear. It's smaller than what I would normally go for in pearls (6.5-7mm) but hey at least it's different than my normal pearl size so I have more options. I am having them shorten it to choker length because 18 inches is just too in between a size on me. I prefer either long or short with my necklaces. Here it is. And they are so nice at PP (thank you Allison!) that they are going to make drop earrings for me from the extra pearls for a very reasonable price.. I really love Pearl Paradise!

pppurchase.gif

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
missy|1375402606|3494917 said:
Love what you got icy jade! I wanted to get the 8-9 mm metallic freshwater necklace but I was at work when the pearls were listed and I have a very slow internet connection on my smartphone there so I wasn't fast enough. :(( But, the happy news is I was able to get a different necklace that I am very excited to wear. It's smaller than what I would normally go for in pearls (6.5-7mm) but hey at least it's different than my normal pearl size so I have more options. I am having them shorten it to choker length because 18 inches is just too in between a size on me. I prefer either long or short with my necklaces. Here it is. And they are so nice at PP (thank you Allison!) that they are going to make drop earrings for me from the extra pearls for a very reasonable price.. I really love Pearl Paradise!

Your necklace is lovely! I think the metallics are all great... :love:
And great idea re: using the extra pearls for earrings! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1375411472|3494995 said:
missy|1375402606|3494917 said:

Your necklace is lovely! I think the metallics are all great... :love:
And great idea re: using the extra pearls for earrings! :appl:

Thanks icy jade! I had been wanting a metallic strand for a while now and once it went on sale I really could not resist any longer. :bigsmile:

What are your thoughts for the gold color of the french hooks I am having PP use for the earrings? The necklace closure is 14K yellow gold but I asked Allison to use white gold for the earrings as that is my go to metal color. Do you think that would work with the color of the pearls? I have never seen metallics in person and I know the undertones vary but do you have any thoughts as to what might work best with these pearls? They are a mixture of pink/peach/lavender...the color of the gold clasp of the pearls doesn't matter too much to me since it is at the back of my neck but the wire of the earrings are more visible. Thanks for your input!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
missy|1375438688|3495151 said:
Thanks icy jade! I had been wanting a metallic strand for a while now and once it went on sale I really could not resist any longer. :bigsmile:

What are your thoughts for the gold color of the french hooks I am having PP use for the earrings? The necklace closure is 14K yellow gold but I asked Allison to use white gold for the earrings as that is my go to metal color. Do you think that would work with the color of the pearls? I have never seen metallics in person and I know the undertones vary but do you have any thoughts as to what might work best with these pearls? They are a mixture of pink/peach/lavender...the color of the gold clasp of the pearls doesn't matter too much to me since it is at the back of my neck but the wire of the earrings are more visible. Thanks for your input!

I am not familiar with the pearl colours so I really don't know, but as a fellow WG person, I'll pretty much stick to WG for everything. Did you try asking if the clasp on the strand can be changed to a WG one?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1375455861|3495274 said:
I am not familiar with the pearl colours so I really don't know, but as a fellow WG person, I'll pretty much stick to WG for everything. Did you try asking if the clasp on the strand can be changed to a WG one?

Thanks for your suggestion. When I spoke with Allison this AM she suggested it before I could LOL so that's how I'm proceeding. WG french hooks and WG clasp on the necklace. I'm excited to get these metallic pearls and see the colors in person. I will post pics here for you guys and I am looking forward to seeing what you get too. I might not receive them before we go on vacation though so then I'll post them when I return. I guess it depends on how quickly PP gets my custom order completed. I hope I get them before we go away though!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
missy enjoy your beautiful new necklace and earrings! So happy that you were able to get the clasp changed to white gold. Looking forward to photos :twirl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you LitGeek. I can definitely see where the impulse to collect all the different beautiful pearls they have to offer could come into play here. I've been good so far but I cannot promise there won't be more purchases to come. I've really been wanting some of those gorgeous blue akoya strands but they have been out of my budget. One day I'm going to have to blow my darn budget cause I think they are spectacular.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1375481067|3495570 said:
Thank you LitGeek. I can definitely see where the impulse to collect all the different beautiful pearls they have to offer could come into play here. I've been good so far but I cannot promise there won't be more purchases to come. I've really been wanting some of those gorgeous blue akoya strands but they have been out of my budget. One day I'm going to have to blow my darn budget cause I think they are spectacular.

That blue baroque akoya strand on special was FABULOUS :love: Now that is the way to do those baby blues! I am pretty sure you will be buying more pearls after you receive your PP ones :wink2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
missy|1375468245|3495423 said:
icy_jade|1375455861|3495274 said:

Thanks for your suggestion. When I spoke with Allison this AM she suggested it before I could LOL so that's how I'm proceeding. WG french hooks and WG clasp on the necklace. I'm excited to get these metallic pearls and see the colors in person. I will post pics here for you guys and I am looking forward to seeing what you get too. I might not receive them before we go on vacation though so then I'll post them when I return. I guess it depends on how quickly PP gets my custom order completed. I hope I get them before we go away though!

They will probably take a while to come over but I will post pics too. And I am curious to see how the drops compare against my white metallics.

Mmm there will be more specials right? There is one whole month before we get to September.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1375501197|3495789 said:
A picture is worth a thousand words!
Gorgeous necklace. Absolutely stunning. 8)

I sprung for the 10.0-11.0 mm Exotic Metallic Color-Shifting Freshwater Drop Pearl Classic Earrings in silver lavender that icy_jade put back. :naughty:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1375501756|3495794 said:
I sprung for the 10.0-11.0 mm Exotic Metallic Color-Shifting Freshwater Drop Pearl Classic Earrings in silver lavender that icy_jade put back. :naughty:

Lucky girl! Those are beautiful!

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
I bought the $35.00 white metallics with white gold hooks. Been dying to see these white metallics "live" so this was a very cost effective way to do so. I'd read about the upcoming sale and saw there were only 12 pairs available so I was pretty pleased.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Thus far I've missed out on what I was looking for, but I'm loving this thread!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
mrs. taylor said:
Thus far I've missed out on what I was looking for, but I'm loving this thread!

What were you looking for? I missed a few too. Almost a game of fastest fingers (and internet connection) for those with only a few pieces! :lol:

eloisegirl said:
I bought the $35.00 white metallics with white gold hooks. Been dying to see these white metallics "live" so this was a very cost effective way to do so. I'd read about the upcoming sale and saw there were only 12 pairs available so I was pretty pleased.

Me too! Happy to have snagged one. :D

Alas the heart is willing but the wallet is weak. Need to conserve my reserves for pearl shopping in Manila! :???:
Plus I am hopeful that they will add new specials. Mabbe one of those that I missed? Mmm...

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
New one of a kinds from John's studio and insane color Edison pendants.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Within minutes, the pieces I was eyeing were sold. Maybe that's for the better...

blondie~

Rough_Rock
I bought a pair of those drops you cancelled icy_jade . I'm hoping they'll go with a necklace of my auntie's (I don't know if the necklace is dyed or natural but it's sure pretty).

I love that bracelet. If it were a little less expensive, I'd pounce.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
I snagged an Edison pendant. All the pretty giant ones I liked were already gone (just got home from work) so I decided to get the 13.4mm which is listed as "A" in this picture. Fun!

edison_a.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
A is my favorite in that photo. I can't wait to see it! I keep hemming and hawing on Edison studs. Haven't pulled the trigger.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1375501197|3495789 said:
A picture is worth a thousand words!
Gorgeous necklace. Absolutely stunning. 8)

I wore my new earrings today. I think they are very pretty.

metallic_6020.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results