shape
carat
color
clarity

PP April Special: Baroque Akoya

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When PP had 9.5-10mm baroque akoya strands as their April special, I bought three: two of the whites and one of the blue. I'm thrilled with these strands and photographed them a lot-- I hope you enjoy the pictures! For those who've already seen these, sorry for the repetitiveness ::) .

ppakoyabox.jpg

ppwhitebaroqueakoya.jpg

ppbootakoya2.jpg

ppwhitebaroqueakoya5.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
If u ever get sick of them, I don't mind helping to get them off your hands. :Up_to_something:

They are stunning... :love:

Now let me go n bang my head a few times for not getting more strands. Lol. :wall:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pearls, baby nurse! I regret not buying the white baroques when I had a chance. ;(

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ennui|1430681971|3871599 said:
Beautiful pearls, baby nurse! I regret not buying the white baroques when I had a chance. ;(

Thank you, ennui. If you are interested in them, it might not hurt to contact PP and get put on a waiting list? There's no telling when they might get more.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
juliebeth|1430682217|3871601 said:
WOW! those are just gorgeous BN! well done! :)

Thank you, juliebeth :wavey: I've been collecting pearls for awhile and didn't have a lot in terms of akoya so this was a great purchase.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
babynurse, absolutely gorgeous! I also got a strand of the blue baroque Akoyas on sale, but mine are MUCH lighter/silvery blue -- did you specifically ask for darker ones (or choose among several strands), or is it just luck of the draw?

p.s. brilliant photographs -- you captured the iridescence beautifully! wear them in good health & happiness! :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. Especially the blue akoyas. :love:
Do they always have a rose overtone or can you get one with just blue (and silver)? And will it show up as beautifully blue as yours?

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
These are gorgeous! Especially the blues. I hesitated over ordering a strand, and your pics are filling me with regrets!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Baby Nurse, your new strands look beautiful on you! I especially like the doubles with 2 white strands or 1 white and 1 blue. :love: Your blue sweater is such a gorgeous color -- goes great with the pearls.

I am kicking myself for only buying 1 strand of the white baroque akoyas. I figured I already owned enough akoyas -- silly me. :wall:

Would you please take a picture of 1 of the white strands twisted into a torsade with the blue baroque double strand from last year? I am still trying to decide how to have my white strand strung, and I am wondering how it would look combined with my blue double strand that is the twin of yours.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
evergreen|1430705535|3871743 said:
babynurse, absolutely gorgeous! I also got a strand of the blue baroque Akoyas on sale, but mine are MUCH lighter/silvery blue -- did you specifically ask for darker ones (or choose among several strands), or is it just luck of the draw?

p.s. brilliant photographs -- you captured the iridescence beautifully! wear them in good health & happiness! :)

Thank you for the compliments, evergreen :)) .

I think that unless you specify, it's pretty much luck of the draw which strand you will get. I got a darker one because it's what I was looking for and it was chosen early on.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1430741141|3871842 said:
Do they always have a rose overtone or can you get one with just blue (and silver)? And will it show up as beautifully blue as yours?

Thank you, missy (I'm really enjoying your threads, btw)!

I don't know enough about the blue akoya to give you very solid information about them. Here's the little I know for sure. Silver strands are much more common than blue. Whether blues can be found without pink overtones, I think they probably can. I suspect the darker blues tend to have pink overtones, rather than silver, but I'm not sure. I think your best bet would be to get on the PP live chat. These blues are still unchartered territory for me :read:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay|1430931371|3873045 said:
Baby Nurse, your new strands look beautiful on you! I especially like the doubles with 2 white strands or 1 white and 1 blue. :love: Your blue sweater is such a gorgeous color -- goes great with the pearls.

I am kicking myself for only buying 1 strand of the white baroque akoyas. I figured I already owned enough akoyas -- silly me. :wall:

Would you please take a picture of 1 of the white strands twisted into a torsade with the blue baroque double strand from last year? I am still trying to decide how to have my white strand strung, and I am wondering how it would look combined with my blue double strand that is the twin of yours.

Thank you, Kay :wavey: . I think this turquoise sweater is the one that brings out the nicest blue in the akoya. It looks nice with navy as well. Since our 8.5-9mm strands are sibs, what's your experience been?

I took the pictures and I think the double twisted with the single 9.5-10mm white strand look great! I hadn't tried this before and I've been wearing it for a few hours now and really like the look. What do you think?

Here it is with the turquoise sweater.

akoya5.jpg

akoya6.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took another with a grey and cream sleeveless top, since it's waaay too warm for cashmere today.

akoya7.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1430963209|3873266 said:
Kay|1430931371|3873045 said:

Thank you, Kay :wavey: . I think this turquoise sweater is the one that brings out the nicest blue in the akoya. It looks nice with navy as well. Since our 8.5-9mm strands are sibs, what's your experience been?

I took the pictures and I think the double twisted with the single 9.5-10mm white strand look great! I hadn't tried this before and I've been wearing it for a few hours now and really like the look. What do you think?

Here it is with the turquoise sweater.

OMG, I love that torsade :appl: (with both tops)! :love:

I have a navy top that I love with my blue baroques. I never thought to try turquoise. I have a cashmere sweater close to the color of yours that I will have to try, although it is way too hot to wear now.

Now that I have seen that blue and white tornado, I am going to have my white strand strung the standard way. I think I will ask for a 3" extender chain for flexibility, because I really like the look of a longer strand on me. I'm going to request another strand if PP gets more on the next trip so I can have it wire wrapped like 4RG's.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse|1430942193|3873146 said:
missy|1430741141|3871842 said:

Thank you, missy (I'm really enjoying your threads, btw)!

I don't know enough about the blue akoya to give you very solid information about them. Here's the little I know for sure. Silver strands are much more common than blue. Whether blues can be found without pink overtones, I think they probably can. I suspect the darker blues tend to have pink overtones, rather than silver, but I'm not sure. I think your best bet would be to get on the PP live chat. These blues are still unchartered territory for me :read:

Thanks baby nurse! And please feel free to join us if you are ever in the mood. We would love to chat with you. :wavey:

And I love your new gorgeous pictures. Beautiful pearls. :love:

_30010.jpg

_30011.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
The torsade looks really nice, baby nurse!

I have also tried a torsade with my two akoya strands and looks very nice, but being akoyas, I am concerned about potential damage to the pearls. Is this silly? Does anyone know if torsades with akoyas are not a good idea?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tucs, I had forgotten that you had tried the torsade and you did point out your concern at the time about the nacre. Hopefully someone with a little more experience will pipe in. In the meantime, I'll contact PP about it.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks baby nurse! And please feel free to join us if you are ever in the mood. We would love to chat with you. :wavey:

And I love your new gorgeous pictures. Beautiful pearls. :love:

That really warms my heart-- thank you, Missy! I will join you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results