shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a Peacock/Black Tahitian Pearl Pendant.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone! It's my first thread on this board and I'm hoping the pearl guru's will help me find a pendant to (possibly) replace the one my husband bought me for Christmas.

I do want a black tahitian pearl. And I want white metal. And preferrably something with a diamond or two.

Five years ago my husband bought me my first black pearl pendant. It was stolen two years ago.

So this year my husband wanted to get me another. And I sent him the links to a few. And my favorite was this one. So he bought it for me (I sent him a bunch of links to other things as well, so the pendant was a lovely surprise).

Anyway, long story short (too late!) I love the design but don't care for the fact that it can only be worn with the very thin chain it comes with. I like slightly thicker chains (this chain is TINY). And I don't care for the way the pendant hangs from the tiny (like string) chain.

But I ADORE the pearl quality and colors and the diamonds and the fact that the pendant 'shell' can be used on different slightly less than 12mm pearls (I can buy different pearls for it).

http://www.pearlparadise.com/Purity-Collection-Tahitian-Pearl--Diamond-Pendant1031.aspx is the pendant.

I am willing to give up the ability to switch out different pearls in the pendant but I do want a nice quality piece.

Can you guys suggest alternate pendants, please?

I have time to return this one if I find something else I really love. I am afraid I won't get real wear out of this piece because I don't care for the chain.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Re: Please help me find a Peacock/Black Tahitian Pearl Penda

I am only just venturing into pearls, but here are some pendant design ideas for you!

tahitianpearls.biz

the pearl outlet

(the freshwaters are from a UK B&M store, so just for inspiration!)

tpwl.jpg

8196524.jpg

6840426.jpg

P002050_large.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hi Rosetta, I like the first design you posted, can I ask you to link me please? Thank you!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

gypsy, the design of the pearl you wanted and received is lovely. i believe you are in the bay area: could you work with a jeweler to add something so you could wear a larger chain? perhaps an enhancer? just an idea.......

MoZo

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you Rosetta. I like the Price on that one as well!

Yeah. MZ, I was staring at it today again. I really do love it.

The pearl is just stunning. And I really love the cradle. It doesn't have any milgrain, which is a plus for me.

I think I'm going to call peal paradise tomorrow and see if they have any other chains that might work with it. I just don't really care for box chains. But if it was a thin bead chain I would be okay with it. If they don't have any, then I might go to the city to the Jewelry Mart and see if I can find a nice chain that works for it.

I really do love the pendant itself. It's just gorgeous.

One of my PP pendants was supposed to come with a box chain and I changed it out for the forzatina chain- you may not like it, but it's very thin and delicate. That's the only other one I can think of that might work?

Here are some of their chains http://www.pearlparadise.com/Chains329.aspx

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

bean|1293432539|2806783 said:
One of my PP pendants was supposed to come with a box chain and I changed it out for the forzatina chain- you may not like it, but it's very thin and delicate. That's the only other one I can think of that might work?

Bean I really like that one! I will ask them if it will fit in the cradle of this pendant. if it does, I would be much happier with it! Thank you. I am going to call them tomorrow and ask them about the chains. Thank you!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

Gypsy|1293443403|2806821 said:
bean|1293432539|2806783 said:

Bean I really like that one! I will ask them if it will fit in the cradle of this pendant. if it does, I would be much happier with it! Thank you. I am going to call them tomorrow and ask them about the chains. Thank you!

PP office usually closes from Christmas Eve until after New Year, per their website. You can try today, in case they work to catch up on back order.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Nope you are right. They are closed till next week.

Good thing they have a 90 day return policy.

Ahh well, it looks beautiful in the box.

iLander... I really just love THIS ONE. The pearl itself is AAA and just a knock out. Thanks for posting that other pendant... I see myself getting a pair of earrings from that site to match the pendant. :devil: I'm afraid that this AAA has spoiled me for AA's. Ahh well. Good thing I like pendants on myself better than whole strands (though I love strands on others), things would get really expensive otherwise.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results