carat
color
clarity

PLEASE HELP! First Tahitian Necklace - color, size, length

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Re: PLEASE HELP! First Tahitian Necklace - color, size, leng

ennui|1454076696|3983517 said:
I'm a little confused when some of our Asian ladies say that goldens don't work for them, because I have read jewelry trade articles that say Golden South Sea pearls sell best in China, where the goldens complement their skin tones.

Okay, I'm a lot confused. :confused:

Think the intense gold do look nice on fair skin. And Chinese from the northern region seems lighter in skin tone in general. Plus gold color is symbolic of wealth so maybe that is appealing? I actually like how gold jewelry look on me but somehow golden pearls just doesn't work.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock

chroman|1454082848|3983560 said:
I think the HK shows are some of the venues that PP frequents for sourcing stock. They have some trip reports on their blog from past shows. If your are in the area, maybe you could meet up with them?

Fig did mention about buying trip in Mar and I just assumed it would be to HK. I am in fact close to the venue where the pearl exhibition takes place. Would love to meet the legends Hisano and Jeremy, and even pick the pearls for my strand. They must be very busy though. Do you think they will entertain this type of request?

YC

Brilliant_Rock

Greenbling,
Are there any jewellery fairs in HK which are open to public. I am in Singapore and find these fairs quite a good place to look at and buy pearls. More reasonably priced than retail (& can be close to the price range as online shops). And definitely much less intimidating than looking at them in a retail shop. I find Tahitians really difficult to purchase online, especially when returns are troublesome.
Amti, the blue Tahitians look great on you!

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock

YC|1454198184|3984359 said:
Greenbling,
Are there any jewellery fairs in HK which are open to public. I am in Singapore and find these fairs quite a good place to look at and buy pearls. More reasonably priced than retail (& can be close to the price range as online shops). And definitely much less intimidating than looking at them in a retail shop. I find Tahitians really difficult to purchase online, especially when returns are troublesome.
Amti, the blue Tahitians look great on you!

There is a big one in march but not opened to public. :(sad

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

GreenBling|1454084570|3983571 said:
Fig did mention about buying trip in Mar and I just assumed it would be to HK. I am in fact close to the venue where the pearl exhibition takes place. Would love to meet the legends Hisano and Jeremy, and even pick the pearls for my strand. They must be very busy though. Do you think they will entertain this type of request?

I think in the past there have been get togethers (over dinner or whatnot) with people from the online pearl communities who are in town for shows. Check out the "other pearl forum", as I think there is already a thread started for people going to the March show.

Since the show is trade only, it might be harder to get to booths in person. Also, if the strand is build from pearls in a lot, its just going to be a big bag, not as matched strand.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you chroman! I will check it out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results