shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Pearl Drop Pendant. Which pearl would you choose?

Which pearl would you chose and why?

• 1st pearl

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2nd/middle pearl

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 3rd/last pearl

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I have a pearl itch I just started scratching. lol
So now I want a 10mm-11mm pink freshwater pearl drop and diamond pendant. Erin at PP helped me again.
Erin advised all of the three are considered pink freshwater pearls.
Im noticing that each one has its own personality of tones. Its truly amazing to see.
Pearls are beautiful!!!!
I am in the "extremely beginning" stage of pearl knowledge. I would like your advise if you don't mind.
Which one would you select and why? First, Middle, or Last?

_33954.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I'm all about deeper colors, and the first one is the deepest pink. The size and shape are great. There even appears to be a bit of a green halo around the edges, at least on my monitor, which will add interest and character to the pearl.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
the bottom pearl is the only one that looks truly "pink" on my screen, not to say that the others aren't pretty. The bottom pearl is a cool tone and the other 2 are warmer. Which color do you think would work better on your skin?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I'd pick the top one because it's more colorful. I'd rather just get a white pearl if the color is light, but of course that's personal preference. I hope to see neck shots!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I've looked at these on two different monitors. I agree that the bottom pearl is cool-tone, the others are warmer.

There is no wrong choice. Choose the one that speaks to your heart!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciate your feedback!!! Thank you!!

Erin at PP comments about each pearl was the following:

"The top pearl in the photo more pink to peach to gold. The middle pearl is more in the lavender/pink family with some metallic peach overall. The bottom pearls is more metallic lavender with hints of pink. All are quite warm overall in their coloring."

After I read her comments I was drawn to the color of the 1st pearl because I love warmer tones. But I loved the shape and luster of the middle pearl. The 3rd pearl although very pretty is the coolest of the 3 IMO.
I needed to speak with Erin to ask her opinion of the pearls luster. She in turn found my earrings and visually compared the color and luster to the pendant choices. Her additional comments were she was drawn to the the luster, gold/peachy metallic tone, and dynamic shape of the 2nd pearl. I prefer gold tones over silver and wanted the pearl with the most luster overall. So #2 was my choice.

Looking forward to my new lusterful pearls!! :appl: :appl: :praise:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful choice. Really, it is better to rely on the person actually seeing and holding the pearl than on photos.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! Erin at PP is super, she's helped me with a few things and I've always been really happy with her help.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I hate to throw a slight curve ball, but I would also look at the color of the metal for the setting. That bottom pearl might really pink up next to rose gold. I would ask to see each next to white/gold/rose and then decide.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for participating in this poll. Gave me a lot to think about.. I appreciate all of your comments. :))

Here is my pendant... :)

pearlpen.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you feel about it? I think it's gorgeous!! I'm a huge fan of pink and yet for some reason I have no pink pendants :think:

Congratulations on a lovely purchase! May you wear it often and in health and happiness.

btw, you may have mentioned, what size is it?

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Really beautiful, what pendant setting did you go for?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you babynurse.

My 1st reaction when I opened the package was that is was beautiful! I have never owned genuine pearls I was astonished to be honest.
The color is very rich and iridescent and the weight is substantial imo.

But I don't actually know if should get the warmer colored pearl. I think this pendant works because I see the peach/gold but im not sure.
This is my 1st pink pearl purchase so I honestly don't know what Im looking for. I will give it a few days.

Its 10-11mm

Thank you Tucs. I went with the middle no. 2 because of the recommendation of Erin at PP.

mypen.jpg

mypen2.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. I think it looks absolutely lovely with your skin tone, but I don't know how the other two would look.

Did you choose the Dew diamond setting?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Tucs.
Yes I chose the dew diamond drop setting. It is an unbelievably stunning pearl. I just don't know. I don't want a pearl with less luster just for the tone though. Or maybe thats ok? I will speak with Erin tomorrow.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is beautiful! As an alternative idea, rather than switching the pearl, would you consider switching to a yellow gold setting/chain instead? I find that white gold will really pull for the cooler tones in pearls, whereas yellow gold will pull them more towards warm. I think the white gold might be pulling out the silvery tones of the pink in the pearl, and the overall look might be cooler than you were hoping for because of this. Yellow gold might instead pull out the warmer peach/gold tones in the pink and give you a warmer look all around.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I think if you saw all three pearls in person, you'd be amazed at how close they are. Exchanging one pearl for another may not be as dramatic as you're imagining it would be.

As cmd suggested, try it on a yellow gold chain, or even a leather cord. Maybe a black ribbon (sexy!).

I think it's a beautiful pearl, and it looks lovely on you. :angel:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like it on you though. I think the white gold and the pearl both really pop against your skin.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ennui|1441843763|3925838 said:
I think if you saw all three pearls in person, you'd be amazed at how close they are. Exchanging one pearl for another may not be as dramatic as you're imagining it would be.

As cmd suggested, try it on a yellow gold chain, or even a leather cord. Maybe a black ribbon (sexy!).

I think it's a beautiful pearl, and it looks lovely on you. :angel:

Thank you ennui! I thought about what you said. Probably would not be much of a difference between one pearl and the next.

Im gonna keep it! I love the way it glows in all lighting conditions. Its very pretty to me.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1441887438|3926028 said:
I do like it on you though. I think the white gold and the pearl both really pop against your skin.

Thank you cmd2014!! I love the contrast of the white gold and the pearl. That was my thought process when i chose 14k wg. The Contrast! The more I wear it with different colors and lighting conditions...it does POP!!! I love this pendant.

Pearls Rule!!! Im so happy to have received everyone's feedback. I can say I am a Pearl enthusiast and consumer! The drop pendant and earrings were a wise choice for me!! :)) :D

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It looks great on you and it's a great first set. Have fun building up your collection! ::)

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
ZestfullyBling, you've made a perfect pink choice ... it looks fabulous on you!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, that is really nice against your skin! I love it with the white gold, too.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I love the shape of that pearl, I feel the color is perfect on your skin with the white gold, and the luster looks sharp. Don't let it go…. So beautiful, lucky you! :love: :love: :love:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I think it looks stunning! The setting is really lovely. I've been eyeing it myself, and it looks even better in real life. Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results