shape
carat
color
clarity

pick a Baroque Tahitian strand from PearlParadise for my Mom

naria

Shiny_Rock
Re: pick a Baroque Tahitian strand from PearlParadise for my

I think it is unfair to imply that these sized pearls will not be available in the future if one does not buy from the Halloween lot now on x-mas special. The OP is looking at strands under 500 which corresponds to 10 to 12mm pearls at the largest, which are regularly available. Yes, there are a few 14 and almost 15mm strands, but those aren't the ones the OP was asking about.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Naria it is not that these pearls won't be available it is just that they won't be available at this price because now they are on sale.

naria

Shiny_Rock

I get that they are on sale now. But PP regularly has generous sales throughout the year. When I purchased the Tahitians I decided to return was during October when past customers had a 20% discount. A snooze ya loose mentality creates an artificial feeding frenzy in my mind for a product that has a yearly harvest cycle and from a website which seems to also have a cycle of having discounts. I don't think the OP should be pressured into buying now unless they see "the right" strand for them just because there is a sale.

OP: Unless you fall in love with a particular strand or are on a very short time line for your present, I suggest waiting and keeping an eye out. I think pearls aren't something to be rushed. They are so unique and each strand is so different that it is worth waiting for a strand that truly speaks to you. Pearls will be available in the 10-12 mm range, either through PP or another reputable seller at other times. And, PP has a history of offering other sales throughout the year (Valentines day, Mothers day, the Holidays which you are seeing now) with codes that give across the board discounts of 14-20%. When you do see the right strand, buy it because the real heartache comes from watching someone else buy the pearls with which you fell in love.

Anyways, don't get me wrong. I love a good sale as much as the next person. PP has supplied a sale freshdama set for a x-mas present for my mother as well as sale x-mas presents to myself including a baroque blue akoyas, exotic earrings, and when it arrives an exotic strand (a comparison picture wound up being worth 1000 words on that one...I don't know if the luster has changed on the sale offering, but the intensely saturated colors are still found on the exotics). But the things I purchased on sale were pieces I had been keeping my eye on before the sale started.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Naria, I was responding to 4ranch's post prior to mine, forgetting that the OP was looking at the much smaller MM pearl baroques for her mother. I have been shopping at PP for quite a while and have never seen them sell that large of baroques strands, let alone at that price point. If I didn't already have a strand of rounds close to that size I would have jumped on this sale myself. I spent way more than a thousand dollars for my pearls, and these were a killer deal. Once they sell that finite number of strands from the pearls in the Trick or treat bowl, who knows if they will return again?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results