shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearls with Pearl earrings...

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a thread on this subject here a week or so ago but can't find it. A man who sells pearls had these on his FB page today.
Facebook Gyso pearls and Jewelry.

gyso1.jpg

gyso2.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
It's under the Celebrity topic; Emma Watson was wearing this style.

Looks like the design has really taken off!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ennui. I knew I posted a photo of the freshwater/crystal earring from Honora last week on that subject. These SS earrings are a real step up from those.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It's really popular where I am and you can find it in all sorts of materials and colors. I have two pairs, both faux pearls.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade said:
It's really popular where I am and you can find it in all sorts of materials and colors. I have two pairs, both faux pearls.
Can you please post an ear shot? There was a discussion about comfort. Do you feel these on?

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
NL, thanks for showing these! The proportion seems a bit more balanced, plus the post wouldn't be sticking us! Although unlikely I'd be purchasing any of these, I would wear them in real pearls if they weren't too heavy.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ordered from Ross-Simmons and rec'd my pair yesterday.......I do not like the look on me.
perhaps the problem is that the back "pearl" is too large.......
they will be going back.

eta: part of the problem may be how my ears were pierced and that over the years the holes have stretched. the front pearl looks good but the back large pearl sits on my neck and pushes the earlobe forward making the lobe protrude out and away. not an attractive look on me!

i'd be up to try a set with a smaller back pearl.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I noticed the Dumbo look when watching the honora video at QVC. Antonella was modeling the freshwater / crystal version. Perhaps you have to put a pair of studs in backwards to see what size looks best but is still visible from the front. Some who's ears lay flat against their head may not look good in this style.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I think it really does depend on one's ears ... I remember that Honora presentation, and I was watching carefully. I noticed that on the model, there was a little movement and that they were not resting against her neck.

movie zombie, I'm sorry the earrings didn't work out. Bummer.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
If the front pearl is a button shape pearl will it fit better? Another member posted a facebook vendor from the Phillipines and she sells quite a few earrings in this style.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased this style of pearls for my daughter at The Limited, before Christmas. The comfort was good. On my daughter the large back pearl didn't show up due to her piercing was middle in her ear, her lobes are larger and plump. On me, I have a lower piercing and thinner ear so it looked better because you could see both small and large pearl. Both round pearls. I thought she could reverse it and have a large pearl look on the front. Just FYI.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1421427755|3817448 said:
icy_jade said:
Can you please post an ear shot? There was a discussion about comfort. Do you feel these on?

They are absolutely comfortable. The only thing is that it's very much a young people trend over here and I feel a tad self-conscious in them.

I took some pics a while back. Let me dig them up.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not for me.

DK :))

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I've read comments that they are not comfortable but as pointed out earlier that is probably due to the size of the back pearl. I quite like the look of it..but I have flat ears lol I don't think I could wear them.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, the pics are the wrong way again. Posting using my phone. :(

Katbran: I read the comment re: such earrings being uncomfortable too but they are surprisingly comfortable. Once I stopped feeling self conscious about them, I really didn't feel them on my ear unlike some of my heavier earrings. Being faux, the bigger pearl at the back is really light.

image_2854.jpgimage_2855.jpgimage_2856.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
That is a very pretty look...wonder if you could wear them backwards too...for those days you want a large pearl in front.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
buttons on both sides of the ear might work.......at least for me......

I tried them on again yesterday and my first impression was correct: no go for me.

i'm going to try them on today reversed with the big pearl in front just to get an idea re size.
however, I anticipate because of how my ears are pierced they will just sag.......

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1421521299|3818100 said:
Thank you for the ear shots. How big are the pearls?

The smaller one is 14 mm n the bigger one is 16 mm.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
It's interesting and always nice to see something different. I really don't get jewelry designs that hide a good portion of the pearl, though. Someone around here posted a pic once of her pearl studs worn with pearls in back that were on dangly little chains, and I thought that was a great look. She just put the add-ons in back of her ears rather than in front.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Those look very smart Icy...you are probably right..the faux makes them lighter and more comfortable. Very nice !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results