Pearllunar Purchase! 8.5-10mm Lavender Blue strand

In an effort to meet the need of the community to discuss pearls, we have created this forum as a place for the discussion of pearls.  This will be the only forum that pearls will be allowed at this time.  Post your questions, comments and pictures of pearls here.  This is a forum dedicated only to pearls.

• 54 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2,

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Post by LGK » December 4th, 2009, 1:34 pm
My camera phone sucks less than the ancient one I was trying to take pics with. Surprisingly. This pic doesn't show the color well- fluorescent light and pics of pearls are not a good combo, apparently- but you can see the size pretty well. Not strung with knots yet. Hmm, there's my thyroid scar, ick.
Attachments
lgkpearllunar2smsm.jpg
lgkpearllunar2smsm.jpg (82.7 KiB) Viewed 108 times

Post by LGK » December 4th, 2009, 1:37 pm
A bit dark but the color shade is pretty close to realistic.
Attachments
lgkpearllunar3smsmsmsm.jpg
lgkpearllunar3smsmsmsm.jpg (87.81 KiB) Viewed 108 times

Post by LGK » December 4th, 2009, 1:39 pm
Under incandescent light. Greyer than real life, the purple washed out. I'll try a few more under some different lightings later.
Attachments
lgkpearllunar5smsmsm.jpg
lgkpearllunar5smsmsm.jpg (91 KiB) Viewed 108 times

Post by MeowMeow » December 4th, 2009, 1:47 pm
Pfft! I think even if the lighting is bad they STILL look gorgeous on you!

Post by cushioncutnut » December 4th, 2009, 2:01 pm
Date: 12/4/2009 7:47:42 PM
Author: MeowMeow
Pfft! I think even if the lighting is bad they STILL look gorgeous on you!

I agree.... they remind me of tahitians pearls in those pics!!  You done good girl!!   Real GOOOD!!   Love em''!!!
LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS, IT IS ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN!

Post by kas baby » December 4th, 2009, 2:57 pm
oooooh! I LOVE the dark lavender color... more pictures please!!

Love what you live, and live what you love. The power of joy is always.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we think... All that we are arises with our thought. With our thoughts we make our world." ~Buddha

Post by glitterata » December 4th, 2009, 6:12 pm
Those are gorgeous and so luxurious looking--and they look great on you.

Post by bean » December 5th, 2009, 7:51 am
Gorgeous!!! The clasp really IS perfect for it!

Post by Christiana » December 5th, 2009, 8:50 am
Voila! They look stunning under any light. Wear them always in good health, girl Image
"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde

Post by LGK » December 5th, 2009, 2:24 pm
Thanks everyone Image I got it knotted & strung last night. The final pearl was a little beast and I couldn't finish the strand properly however Image so I will have to restring it again, frustratingly enough. I got all the knots perfectly tight too, bah. Oh well. I busted three beading needles and just could not get the thread doubled back through. Anyway, it's good enough for now for me, I'm not afraid I'll lose them all if the string snaps at least! I also lost one pearl- bizarrely enough, it was the one pearl I'd decided I was going to remove *anyway* because it was the only one with a big blemish and the color was meh anyway, what are the odds of that??? Very strange...

I didn't like any of my other pics from yesterday, but we'll give it another go and see if some more come out that are worth posting Image

Post by glitterata » December 5th, 2009, 5:26 pm
This is one strand I really, really wish I could see in person. The colors in the photo look so intriguing and promising, but I can tell it looks much better in real life.

Post by LGK » December 5th, 2009, 8:39 pm
Date: 12/5/2009 11:26:31 PM
Author: glitterata
This is one strand I really, really wish I could see in person. The colors in the photo look so intriguing and promising, but I can tell it looks much better in real life.
Yeah, they''re very purple IRL- there''s no question that''s what the primary color they show is, but the pics wash all the purple out and they''re way greyer in photos. Even PL''s pics are pretty greyed out- they''re much warmer toned than even their photos show. Maybe sunlight will make a difference, but not likely to see that anytime soon!

I did take a few more pics, but they''re not much better. The ones with something else in them- e-ring, Tahitians- seemed to show a bit more real life color.
Attachments
lgklavender18sm.jpg
lgklavender18sm.jpg (27.94 KiB) Viewed 108 times

Post by LGK » December 5th, 2009, 8:40 pm
Attachments
lgklavender23sm.jpg
lgklavender23sm.jpg (40.72 KiB) Viewed 108 times

Post by LGK » December 5th, 2009, 8:42 pm
Attachments
lgklavender14sm.jpg
lgklavender14sm.jpg (65.66 KiB) Viewed 108 times

Post by glitterata » December 6th, 2009, 4:46 am
Wow, they''re beautiful!

Also, wow, your ring!!!!

Post by Arcadian » December 6th, 2009, 10:14 am
oh WOWImageImageImage  They are HOT TO DEATH!!  The pictures I know aren''t doing them justice, but man, they look sooo nice!Image

-A

Post by Christiana » December 6th, 2009, 12:21 pm
Oh, I love your Tahitians, too Image And that ring!!! Now we want more...Image
"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde

Post by Starshine » December 6th, 2009, 1:33 pm
*swoon* Image

Post by bean » December 6th, 2009, 6:37 pm
:D :D :D more more more pics! :D :D ;)

ETA

I ALSO just strung some pearls and COULD NOT get the thread through the 2nd to last pearl while doubling back through to make the 2nd finished knot.. if that makes sense...

like this ( O= pearl x= knot)

OxOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

I think itll hold for now though. Image

Post by Yssie » December 6th, 2009, 7:14 pm
They look so beautiful!!

I''m loving the colour, washed out as it may be ImageImage
Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk.
~H.D.Thoreau

Post by geckodani » December 8th, 2009, 3:29 am
Wicked cool color! It''s funny how the color came out better when they were photographed with something else. I''m totally drooling over those Tahitians too!!

Post by SB621 » December 10th, 2009, 2:18 pm
awsome color and i love the clasp...i think i might have to rethink colored pearls now!Image

I'm pretty sure my Patronus would be a diamond!

Post by kas baby » December 10th, 2009, 2:27 pm
droolImage

I still love these- they look gorgeous on you. I may just have to save up for some myselfImage
Love what you live, and live what you love. The power of joy is always.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we think... All that we are arises with our thought. With our thoughts we make our world." ~Buddha

54 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2,

« Return to Pearls