shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Rope

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Looking for a decent pearl rope. Hoping for a 100 inch, not sure what would be best, or quality desired since I have never wore one for any long period.

I just love them! And want to save up for a nice set. Thoughts?

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I always recommend having a clasp so you can wind it more easily if you want a multi necklace or bracelet

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Pearlescence|1398182282|3657827 said:
I always recommend having a clasp so you can wind it more easily if you want a multi necklace or bracelet

I hadn't thought of that, THANKS!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett - I have a 60" metallic white rope, 7-8 mm that is very versatile and gets a lot of wear. It does have a regular clasp but sometimes I wish it had a circle clasp so I could wear enhancers when it's shortened. I also recommend waiting for the PP Mother's Day sale - you never know what they might have! Good luck!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
circle clasp is a wonderful idea!
i'll have to remember that one!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie - I am so tempted to replace all my clasps with circles but I don't think I could stand to not have my pearls around me while they're getting revamped! Going forward, though, that's the way I'm going.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Pkin how about sending your strands one at a time to be changed? Or learning how to restring yourself. NacreLover can give you tips on what videos to watch to learn this. Or even better come to the ruckus in July and she can teach you in person :mrgreen:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
4RG - I think you're right about sending them in over time. I will need to prioritize the strands based on what I wear most in the spring/summer and which enhancers will go with them. I look forward to playing around in my jewelry boxes!

I would love to go to the ruckus and get personal instruction from NacreLover! And, of course, to join in the show-and-tell but I would need suitcase just for smelling salts!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
If you need a recommendation for restrining you might consider Pattye. You can find her on esty or pm her on the other forum.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1398191022|3657939 said:
Pkin how about sending your strands one at a time to be changed? Or learning how to restring yourself. NacreLover can give you tips on what videos to watch to learn this. Or even better come to the ruckus in July and she can teach you in person :mrgreen:
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
Yes, Pkinew she would love to.... Pack your bag and hit the road with Lucy and Ethel...

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover - I would love to join you all at the Ruckus! What a glamorous place to spend the weekend, surrounded by pearl lovers!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I might have gone a little overboard, also I might not have. I picked up a 54" necklace from PP with the MD discount, and a 100" rope from TPO. Not the quality of the 100" one from PP I have been coveting, but for that price, i couldn't say no!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I can't wait to hear what you think of them and how you "play" with them!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1398802209|3662954 said:
Congratulations! I can't wait to hear what you think of them and how you "play" with them!

I literally can't wait!! Thanks :)

kylier

Shiny_Rock
I was about to suggest that rope! I'm tempted by it even though I already have a rope that's 7.5-8 from PP. But it's such a great size and price! Fun fun!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
kylier|1398831910|3663357 said:
I was about to suggest that rope! I'm tempted by it even though I already have a rope that's 7.5-8 from PP. But it's such a great size and price! Fun fun!

I got the 100" from TPO for a fraction of the rope from PP. I WILL be getting the one from PP in the future, but thought for the price at TPO getting a strand to help tide me over until I can save a bit more (mother's day always robs my bank account) and get the really nice one from PP.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results