shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Question..

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
I bought these at a resale shop $10. I haven't owned any pearls, so I'm sorry if this is a silly question. These are preowned and I was wondering how to clean them before I wear them. They had an cursive H on them so I think they are honora? I don't know what kind they are at all but I saw some that looked like these at Jared. But the salesperson was clueless as to what she was selling, so any info you can give me I would appreciate. I really want to buy more pearls but since I don't know much about pearls, I just wanted to start off small. Thanks.

imageuploadedbytapatalk_hd1363738438.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a strand of freshwater pearls, which should be very durable as they are all nacre without a bead inside.

If they are not very dirty, I suggest you very slightly dampen a soft microfiber cloth and gently wipe them, taking care not to wet the silk so it doesn't stretch.

If they are quite dirty, then you could wash them by immersing them for a few minutes in a very mild warm soap and water solution (not detergent) and then after gentle rinsing, roll them in a soft towel to absorb the water, and then lay them on a clean dry towel to dry for a few days. The silk inside the pearls will be slower to dry than the silk that is exposed.

Then each time you take them off, before you put them away, wipe them with a clean dry microfiber cloth to remove skin oils, sweat etc.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much. They look new, so I will avoid too much water for now. Thanks again :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results