shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Paradise Mother's Day sale.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
There was only 1 of the strand I wanted so I couldn't wait....

:appl:

Someone is getting some new pearls for mothers day!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I am a return customer but did not get an email with a 20% off code for Mother's Day. There is a high priced item I'd like to buy, and 20% off would do the trick!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo, they will have a record of your previous purchases, no doubt. Call them and ask for the code.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
This is a dangerous addiction! I just received the 7.5 - 8 mm AAA triple lavender strands (yellow gold bar clasp) that I bought from the Mother's Day sale page. They kindly allowed me to use the 25% off for a triple strand that they were offering for a single strand.

Well, of course, I just HAD to order 9 - 10 mm lavender earrings with the blossom setting in yellow gold using the 20% off to match the necklace.

So the lavender earrings should arrive with the Hanadama 26 inch 9 - 9.5 necklace which was 45% off on the Mother's Day page.

All this savings is cost me a fortune!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo, your purchases sound totally Fab! Please post pictures of the triple lavender strand you already received.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if the previous three shots give you a good enough idea -- the sun is setting and the lighting is not good. The color is more lavender, darker, than I imagined it would be. I like that because it really distinguishes this necklace from pink or peach colors. Oh my goodness -- I just looked in the mirror and they look so different than they did just a few hours ago! Blues and grays versus pinks!

There is also a little space between the strands. I have another triple strand of multi-color from Hong Kong where the strands touch and lie on each other. I enjoy the differences.

Very very dangerous addiction -- did I mention that...?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look amazing, bsomlo! And the color changing is just a perk. I love how different by strands looks in artificial vs natural light. It's like getting multiple looks for the price of one. Second seaurchin on the neckshot :twirl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great pearls B!

BTW, I got the sale-code for Kojma pearls.....I plan on using it!

cheers--Sharon

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Great choice Bsomlo. I bet they look wonderful on. Love the color of those pearls. You have lots of new pearls to share. Lucky girl :appl: :appl: :appl:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Bsomlo your lavender pearls are yummy :lickout: I have a lavender strand of Swarovski "pearls" that I knotted myself quite a few years ago that I have worn so many times. I find it to be a really neutral color that works well in my wardrobe. I definitely need to consider ordering some myself in the future...love that you went with a triple strand :appl: :appl: :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Okay, folks. I sure never thought I'd be posting neck shots, but here goes.

These are the triple strand lavender pearls with yellow gold clasp. The lavender pearl earrings I ordered haven't arrived yet, so I paired them with my birthday earrings which are gold and tanzanite. The earrings are from one of my most favorite jewelers, Stowe Gems in Stowe, Vermont. They usually have a 30% off everything sale for a week around Mother's Day, and a 10% off sale every month for a specific category. They have a crazy gorgeous Art Nouveau antique pearl ring under "Antiques and Estates". The ring is more spectacular in person:

http://stowegems.com/index.itml

neck_shot_of_lavender_pearls_with_birthday_tanzanite_earrings.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
bslomo, Thank you for all the great photos of your new pearls. They look lovely on the neck. I bet you can't wait for the rest of the set to arrive. These lovely pearls will be a treasure for a lifetime. Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover, what makes me happy is thinking that my jewelry will be handed down to my daughter who I hope will at least have nice memories of "Mom wearing them" even if they turn out not to be her style. So I hope this necklace gives more than one lifetime of happiness!

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
How lovely you look in this triple strand! Wonderful, rich colors on the pearls, too! Great choice. Looking forward to photos of the earrings and new necklace when it arrives!

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
That triple strand looks great on you. Congrats on the new jewels, too! Enjoy!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Okay, folks. Problem (and let this be my biggest). The lavender blossom earrings arrived and they are SO pretty BUT -- they are lighter in color than the triple strand necklace which is quite a dark lavender.

I just e-chatted with Kim who said they were the darkest lavenders they had in that size. PP is going to Hong Kong in June and may bring back darker large lavenders, but who knows...

So, do I:

-- Live with the difference and enjoy (though the pearls are more pink than lavender and I have other pink pearl earrings).
-- Send them back and hope for a future better match -- but possibly never match better.
-- Send them back with the necklace (another possibility Kim mentioned) and have them match the lavender with a different size pearl (presumably smaller).
-- Send them back and put "matching lavender earrings" on my wish list for the future?

I just took pictures. I think they do actually match the lightest pearls in the necklace. What do you all think?

BTW, no neck shots today -- Mama home sick.

blossom_lavender_earrings_next_to_lavender_triple_strand.jpg

lavender_blossom_earrings_next_to_necklace.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Update: I decided to return and keep a look-out for darker lavender pearl earrings. Let's see what the future holds.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you made a good decision. would have worked but wouldn't have had the punch that I think darker will have. great size though!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess I'm too late to the party but I would've picked option 4 - return and wait for better options! Love the triple strand look though.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
BTW, the Hanadama 9 mm - 9.5mm 26" necklace arrived. We are inseparable.

More to come...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results