shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Oasis baroque Tahitians!!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I have finally had a chance to take some photos of my Tahitian strand that arrived a few weeks ago. Between being away, then everyone in the house getting sick, I have been a bit frantic so pearl photography took a bit of a back seat... I purchased the strand during the Pearl Oasis Memorial Day sale.

Firstly, the vendor photos:

_7237.jpg

_7238.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
In reality, they are a lot more circled and blemished than the vendor photos. They are also more silvery which I am quite pleased about although I would have liked the really multicolor look that the vendor photos displayed. Am I displeased? No, because they weren't that expensive (they were really quite cheap). Do I LOVE them? Kinda undecided about the love thing. I really really like them and they have certainly ignited a passion for Tahitians. I have worn them a lot since I got them and I enjoy wearing them so I am calling it a win, but now I want MOAR TAHITIANS!!

Here are my photos of the strand:

img_5565.jpg

img_5566.jpg

img_5569.jpg

img_5572.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
And some box photos which show the silvery tones better:

Two more things:

The strand actually measures at 19 1/4 inches which is a bit longer than my preferred 18in and longer than the stated 18in on the website. Not a bad thing, just a thing. Also, I really don't like the clasp. It does feel a bit cheap and nasty.... I much prefer the ball clasps that PP uses and I wish I had an option to upgrade this one as I would have happily done so.

Also - does anyone else get PSS (pearl shrinkage syndrome)? I could have sworn these were bigger but they measure right, they just look smaller than I anticipate...

img_5574.jpg

img_5576.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
misskittycat -- they certainly look plenty multi-colored to me. I think they are really beautiful and I remember that very reasonable price. If you get a chance, I'd love to see close-up shots of the pearls. And I just love the white one in front! Very good buy in my book! They look great on you, and I like both the length and the mm size on you! (And they gave you an extra 1.25 inches of pearls...)

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Don't get me wrong bsomlo, I really do dig them, they are just more your everyday pearls, not a special strand. Having said that, that really fits my lifestyle at the moment and I am wearing them a lot. On the flip side I was hoping it would quench my Tahitian thirst for a little while. It hasn't.

In terms of the multicoloured aspect, I guess the vendor photos show more of a contrast between the different pearls than I see in real life. I see more silver tones - the vendor photos show more browns, dark and light silver. I guess I am trying with my commentary to help people read Pearl Oasis's photos if they are interested in making a purchase. But they are really lovely pearls and I like them a lot. I especially love the petrol coloured pearl in the middle. It's really special.

For the price I think they were very good value, I just now want more of them. And negotiating another purchase with the Mister when I have already had my diamond and sapphire earrings with the pearl drops, my giant baroque strand, two Catherine Cardellini strands, my two ginormous loose pink pearls, a diamond eternity ring and then this strand so far this year alone is a challenge. Plus I want a diamond ring next year for my 10 year anniversary so I might just have to enjoy what I have..... For the moment.

:tongue:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! They look very similar to vendor pictures, but colors from your pictures are less vibrant. Their website offers different clasps when purchasing regular stock. I guess their sale option doesn't let you upgrade the clasp. I think the white pearl near the center doesn't go with the strand at all. You either need a lighter or almost white pearl on the other side to balance it out, or remove the white one. Just my 2 cents.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately there was no option to change the clasp on this purchase. It was a relatively inexpensive strand and there isn't really a point where you can ever see the clasp but it does bug me a little. If it continues to bug me I may buy another clasp for it.

The white pearl is actually one of the things that I like most about it! I think it gives the strand some freshness and a little bit of a unique quality. I wouldn't say no to some additional white pearls scattered through the strand, though!!

:Up_to_something:

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
WOWEE, I love these. I love the silver in them a lot!!! And they look very luxurious! I feel you on the pearl DSS though. 10mm is so much smaller than you would think... :rolleyes: I see myself with a 15mm strand soon, lol.

I also like the white near the front. I find *chaos* calming though, lol.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha!! Yes, Jenncent!! I like the chaos of baroque strands too!! And the only time I don't think my pearls should be bigger is when I wear my giant 16-23mm Mother's Day pearls....

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Misskittycat your new pearls are beautiful! I agree, the white pearl in the front is my favorite :twirl: I love the size mm too. I think Tahitians are just addicting...you can't stop at just one :naughty:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
being a contrarian, I like this strand and I like the "white" pearl as well.....statement within a statement piece and worn to the side as you have it, well, it looks great. love how it looks on you1

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
misskittycat|1371362377|3466811 said:
16-23mm Mother's Day pearls....

Say what now? MUST. SEE.

I actually like this strand far more based on your photographs. They're neat in the vendors pics, but what appears to be reality is far more appealing *to me.* They're absolutely love and I do love that lone white pearl!

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
Yay, I was wondering when we'd get pictures of these! I love that white pearl right on the side like that, it's neat. I notice from your necklace the same thing I discovered of mine, that in the vendor pictures the pearls ended up in slightly different order when they knotted them. It doesn't bother me, just one of those things. It's too bad about the clasp, but I'm glad to see you chose the white gold because it really goes well with the pearls. How fun. This is just a fun necklace. Thanks for showing us your pictures!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
mrs. taylor|1371399294|3466907 said:
misskittycat|1371362377|3466811 said:
16-23mm Mother's Day pearls....

Say what now? MUST. SEE.

I actually like this strand far more based on your photographs. They're neat in the vendors pics, but what appears to be reality is far more appealing *to me.* They're absolutely love and I do love that lone white pearl!

Ha ha! They are my Wilmas...

You can see them on this thread:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-mothers-day-pearls-from-pearl-paradise.189775/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-mothers-day-pearls-from-pearl-paradise.189775/[/URL]

And it was my bad, they are actually 16-22mm... And for the sake of pearl ****, here's a picture:

img_1023.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everybody!

I think you are right LitGeek - they certainly are addictive. I love how they come in so many different body colours with so many variations on shape, size, lustre and orient... Do you collect baroques? Peacocks? Cherries? All of the above?? It could potentially become and expensive habit!

movie zombie, I like the strand too. The more I think about it, it was a bit of a steal. I just think I want MOAR!!!! ALL THE THINGS!!

mrs taylor, I like seeing the difference between the vendor shots and what we can capture too. And I especially like seeing photos of how we wear pearls. So individual I find! A diamond necklace can usually only be worn one way but a strand of pearls is so versatile. That's what keeps me coming back for more!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
mrs. taylor|1371426467|3467054 said:
Oh yes....I like those very much. :love:

So do I - I just wish I could wear them more often!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I don't see why you can't wear them any time you want. Even at home just for your own pleasure. They look like they were made for you.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new tahitians look great :love:. I can see the difference from the vendor pictures but can't say it's worse. Bright light in the pictures always gives a different look. Enjoy!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Great strand :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: love the randomness of the colors especially the white/silver one!! Enjoy your new beauty.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
misskittycat|1371426685|3467057 said:
Thanks everybody!

I think you are right LitGeek - they certainly are addictive. I love how they come in so many different body colours with so many variations on shape, size, lustre and orient... Do you collect baroques? Peacocks? Cherries? All of the above?? It could potentially become and expensive habit!

Right now my only tahitians are these beautiful Kamoka earrings which are dark green with peacock.

screen_shot_2013-04-28_at_9.png

Since I got these a few months ago, my tahitian wish list has gotten very long! I hope to get an 18" baroque strand very soon :naughty: Really though, I would love to have many more tahitians...some cherry and light silver sets of earrings and necklaces would be dreamy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results