shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Necklace

bzimmerman

Rough_Rock
The residents of pricescope gave me such great advice on choosing a diamond for my fiances engagement ring that I now am turning to the pearl experts on help with her wedding present.

I am looking to get her a pearl necklace, and coming from knowing nothing about pearls and reading the forum I''ve found pearl paradise. I have currently been looking at the freshadama and akoya AA+ as they have been about in my price range. Are they even comparable. Also is it worth it to get the Akoya AAA? I haven''t looked in any B&M stores but I doubt if I could tell the difference and am generally distrustful of most sales people.

Any guidance or other reputable dealers would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
Hi Tia,

Mostly people here are liking the freshadama. I always like the akoya but I''m also Japanese and this is more popular for us. I did buy the one metallic pearls strand from PP and I really love that.

I have also bought pearls from Museum Way Pearls.com and been really happy with that one too.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t have Freshadamas but those who have bought them thought they rivaled the akoyas. It is all about preferrence. You can start out with a lesser expensive strand of freshadamas and work your way into a more expensive strand of akoyas or even some gorgeous South Sea pearls........... A gal can never have enough pearls!!

I like the freshadamas for first time buyers ;-)

Honestly, that''s assuming the person you are giving pearls to, even like wearing them. I think giving someone a AAA Akoya strand that is never worn (and they probably don''t know the difference is a waste, which is why I usually recommend the freshadamas, and then moving up to a AAA Akoya strand, or South Sea... since those are a huge investment.

just my opinion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results