shape
carat
color
clarity

pearl earrings to not only wear with a wedding dress . . .

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
but other occasions as well.
Hi pearl pricescopers,
I will be getting married soon and am looking for earrings. . . normally I live a very casual life style and have some great pearl studs for dressy occasions.
My wedding dress is strapless and the studs get lost. I would love something like below or longer dangles.
http://www.mikimotoamerica.com/categories/earrings/classic-south-sea-earrings

Ideas/links to photos of earrings?
or
On what vendor to go to ?

I live in the LA area.

Q

Queenie60

Re: pearl earrings to not only wear with a wedding dress . .

try www.tahitianpearls.biz.. I wasn't able to copy the url for some reason. If you check out their website, they have some beautiful and affordable earrings similar to what you posted. Keep in mind that they will make anything you want. I have done business with them and find that they are very customer service oriented and affordable. Good luck, hope you find just what you're looking for and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. :wavey:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If you are in the LA area, you might want to try Pearl Paradise. You can make an appointment to go in person, or you can see their earring options online (http://www.pearlparadise.com). In addition to their stock earring options, they can do custom pieces.

Pure Pearls (http://www.purepearls.com/ is also based in LA. Ashley also has lots of stock earring choices, and also does custom work.

I'm pretty sure Kevin at Pearls of Joy is also in LA: http://www.pearlsofjoy.com/.

I've only bought online from these three vendors, but I have had good experiences with them all.

You may also want to check out American Pearl (www.americanpearl.com[/url). They ...uality to be high among all of these vendors.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

For my own money, I would consider getting a pair of diamond huggies with interchangeable pearl drops from the likes of PP.

Just need to fork out for the huggies and one pair of drops for the wedding for now, and extra pairs of dropped can be added later.

DK :))

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

Queeine60, cmd2014 and dk168

-Thank you- for the congrats and all of your prompt and though responses.

I hadn’t thought of the “tahitian pearls” website they have lots of earrings :appl:

dk168 . . . would you get the huggies from PP as well?
What do you think of the quality of the huggies?

Q

Queenie60

Hi 16 Ocean - I have huggies from ID Jewelry and had Pearl Paradise make the drops for me. Or you could have any one of the pearl vendors make the drops for you. The huggies with pearl drops works well. They're quite versatile. I have also used them for gemstone drops. Very useful.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OP, when I was looking to purchase a pair of huggies to go with pearl drops, I decided against PP's huggies (they are showing as out of stock btw), as I prefer bigger diamonds and shorter loop.

DK :))

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

hmmmmm!!! :bigsmile:
Now looking at huggie threads . . . . will have to make some phone calls as well . . . .

1 tcw?

this is 0.64 tcw
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/60th-bday-present-diamond-earrings-from-bgd.115920/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/60th-bday-present-diamond-earrings-from-bgd.115920/[/URL]

Where might I be able to try some on?

I kind of wanted to get the pearl earrings this week and take advantage of the mother's day sales but hm . . . .

Queenie and dk168 . . . do you have any pictures or links.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

I wouldn't go with Mikimoto because you are paying a very high premium just for the brand name, which of course no one can see.

Aside from the excellent vendors listed above, I'd add The Pearl Society (ebay).

You can always ask any of the vendors above to email you some photos of the actual pearls you'd receive, and all of them have generous return policies. :)

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

16ocean|1462123378|4025835 said:
Hi pearl pricescopers,
I will be getting married soon and am looking for earrings. . . normally I live a very casual life style and have some great pearl studs for dressy occasions.
My wedding dress is strapless and the studs get lost. I would love something like below or longer dangles.

Just for the sake of argument ... maybe you need a long dangle in white gold. With diamonds. :naughty:

And if you're on a budget, a long dangle earring with CZs.

No one decreed that you need to wear you wedding jewelry on other occasions. You aren't going to wear the dress again, so live it up.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

ennui|1462239418|4026359 said:
16ocean|1462123378|4025835 said:
Hi pearl pricescopers,

Just for the sake of argument ... maybe you need a long dangle in white gold. With diamonds. :naughty:

And if you're on a budget, a long dangle earring with CZs.

No one decreed that you need to wear you wedding jewelry on other occasions. You aren't going to wear the dress again, so live it up.

So true ennui,
one of my friends wears her wedding day earrings every anniversary
What are "long dangle" earrings?
do you have picts of your favorites?

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium

An example for my huggies with pearl drop. I was definitely inspired by Icy Jade. And they are very versatile.

I found the huggies at a local jeweler and the thin back allows me to fit most drops on.

photogrid_1462258180253.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

The interchangeable "earring charms" on small hoops is a nice look but it can also take some doing to get the charm loop small enough to look pleasing to you with the hoop, and to find hoops that accept a small loop. (And sometimes custom work is not returnable).

If you're looking for a simpler option and don't find anything just right on any of the trusted sites listed, remember you can often mix and match among a vendor's listed settings and pearls, which gives far more options than what's listed on the sites. I've done that with PP earrings several times.

For another option, an interchangeable dangle on a post earring seems easier to get done in a more sure-fire, satisfying way. I've also got a couple of those from PP. If you go to their "findings" section, you'll find different chains and you'd play around with a string or whatever to see what length and width you want, and have them make those for you. They can probably help advise you on lengths and widths for any give pearl and diamond stud size, too. Or they have some dangles already made up and in stock on the regular site. They all look lovely with diamond studs.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

Here are my chain pearl dangles. Also, please show us what you get!

4_13.jpg
3_42.jpg
6_40.jpg
7_5.jpg
8_5.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

To correct my earlier post, I'm not sure adding dangly pearls to diamond studs really is more surefire than adding them to hoops. When adding to the posts, you have to be sure the length is what you wanted, plus make sure the chain thickness (if that's what you're using), diamond size and pearl size are all in pleasing proportion with each other. Anyway, I guess my overall point is still just to point out that it's a bit trickier that way to be sure you end up with something you're happy with when you go with a custom idea. Good luck with it, whatever you decide on!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Stuller.com has pages of huggie and diamond hoop earrrings to choose from. Call around, most bench jewelers deal with Stuller to buy findings and gems. They have catalogs and can bring them in to try on. You can view them like I am right now on the web page.

We went downtown to the Jewelry district of LA last year at the ruckus. We went to Bella findings and there were many stores anyone can walk into and buy. I would head down there.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

I personally have purchased two pairs of eternal earrings from pearl paradise. I love these settings. Small or very large pearls work with them.

_3420.jpeg

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

Earrings to wear with my wedding dress follow up.

Thank you everyone for your fabulous ideas . . .and I kid you not if I had a limitless budget . . . :naughty:

One day . . . some huggies for sure!

I decided to wear a gold and amethyst bracelet, that was originally my grandmother’s, now my mother’s (old and borrowed). It’s part of a set with a ring and a brooch/pin.

So:
I am going to have gold and amethyst earrings/ dangles made to match the set.

Reached out to David Klass and was able to choose some amethysts. I have a strong idea on how to have the basket made match/be a replication one of the parts of my grandmother’s set but the top bit I am less certain of so they are going to send some drawings. (fingers crossed)

I don’t know what to say other than going to the LA jewelry mart is . . . overwhelming . . . there is so much . . . stuff.
Will have to check out “bella findings” on another jaunt.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results