shape
carat
color
clarity

Pattye's pink ripple to Minna:-)

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
At first I want to thank all nice ladies here in PS pearl forum. I have learned so much (not enough though) from You and found my own way to scratch my pearl itch :wavey:. You know I have some very nice strands from Catherine and something nice is on it's way yet. Next week here in Finland. Yesterday I got my first ripples from Pattye and she is the most kind lady to work with. Lot of mails and photos has sent and now I have pink ripples :appl: :appl: . There are some pondslimes :love: and metallics with nice lustre. She made me pair of earrings too! They are gorgeous; lustre and size combo are just right.

Here is some shots. First two are taken outside; surprise, surprise, there rain mixed water and snow :((. Very poor lightning...
Others are taken inside, but I thought better some shots than none :D

_13596.jpg

_13597.jpg

_13598.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Some more. There is my lavender, pale pinks, multicolors and whites for color comparison.

_13601.jpg

_13602.jpg

_13603.jpg

_13604.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Poor neck shots. I have no idea how they looks in bright sun. But I definately take some photos when possible.

_13608.jpg

_13609.jpg

_13610.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! They look great on you!
Pattye makes beautiful pieces.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it seems like your collection of pearls has been growing exponentially! Lovely additions to your collection!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful strand. Congratulations. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: The colors and size are wonderful.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
They are GORGEOUS! Feminine, substantial, glowing -- just beautiful! Wear them in health!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks periwinklegirl :wavey:. It was pleasure work with Pattye. I know this wasn't my last strand from her.

Sortmom; yeah. I think I'll try to fix my situation fast, because I have lived 48 years without any pearl.... :wavey:

NacreLover; thanks :wavey:. Today I saw these in daylight better and I liked them even more. Pearls definately need bright weather to look lively.

Bsomlo; thanks! I love touching these pearls; they are quite big and smooth with intresting shape. They feels very nice on my finger :wavey:

Pearlescence; without you on PS, I haven't ever heard of Pattye. Thanks for that :wavey:

Here is some daylight shots. Last night snowing, so we have quite bright weather now :)

_13630.jpg

_13631.jpg

_13632.jpg

_13633.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Those pink ripples are lovely! ITA, Pattye is so sweet and wonderful to work with!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks LitGeek :wavey:. I'm planning to have white ones too, but I have no idea which one looks nicer; smoother or wrinklier :roll: ?? Any help available?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
That question has no "right" answer. It depends on your taste entirely.

I like wrinkled, drop-shaped, metallic ripples -- but I don't like pits in my ripples, personally.

The skins on your ripples look gorgeous and clean. Such a very lovely color and glow on you. You can never post too many pictures... hint, hint....

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10|1389532251|3591325 said:
Thanks LitGeek :wavey:. I'm planning to have white ones too, but I have no idea which one looks nicer; smoother or wrinklier :roll: ?? Any help available?

I don't have any ripples, but I assume the wrinklier ones would have more color? I think it is really a personal preference. I really like smooth pearls though.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
The reason might be I haven't seen really ripples ever. But maybe I must have both :naughty:?? And thanks for Your compliment, bsomlo. I just thought there was too many photos and you all get bored... :lol:. When spring and summer arrive I'll photograph all my stuffs again. I'd love to see them under the blue sky in humid and warm weather. I bet they love warmth as much as me :wavey:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek|1389534327|3591335 said:
Confection10|1389532251|3591325 said:

I don't have any ripples, but I assume the wrinklier ones would have more color? I think it is really a personal preference. I really like smooth pearls though.

Does it matter when choosing white ripples? Did You mean more ripple were more alive looking?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what she means is that more wrinkles may add more dimensions of color. For example, with ringed baroque Tahitians, there tends to be a concentration of color, and varying colors, in the ringed areas. I'm not sure if "wrinklier" ripples are indeed more colorful.

Personally, I like wrinkles in my ripples. If they are too smooth, they start to look like an off-round, round wannabe -- in my opinion. If I am buying ripples, I like to see the ripply surface -- BUT, as I said before, I don't like deep pits and areas of missing layers of nacre. Others find that texture appealing, though. And there may be more metallic and colorful play in those distorted areas.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, bsomlo. That makes sense. Maybe there is more "shadow" in them and it makes more variety in colors. You know, I have couple strands from Catherine, where upper nacre missing. They aren't so visible IRL, but in photos they look quite furious. They are nice, casual pearls and they have amazing colors and lustre. And affordable price is great bonus.

Wannabe-whites are the only, I can afford. There's no chance to have large wSS pearls now, so maybe that's the reason why I'm toward white ripples; smoother or wrinklier. And I know; they can't ever compare to wSS's :wavey:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1389535614|3591341 said:
LitGeek, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what she means is that more wrinkles may add more dimensions of color. For example, with ringed baroque Tahitians, there tends to be a concentration of color, and varying colors, in the ringed areas. I'm not sure if "wrinklier" ripples are indeed more colorful.

That is along the lines of what I was thinking. My baroque wSS pendant and earrings are much more colorful than my round (smoorh) wSS studs, but I would choose a strand of rounds over baroque any day. That is just my style preference.

Bsomlo has several strands of ripples (and lovely souffles), so I would go with what she prefers! I am not very adventurous when it comes to pearls :lol: I really would love a strand of souffles like bsomlo's new one :love: :love: :love:

dscf3859__2_.jpg

I have one "ripple" pearl a lavender/gold kasumi pearl from Sarah at Kojima and the colors on it are extraordinary! It actually has a smoother side and and a wrinkled side. The wrinkled side has slightly more concentrated color than the smooth side, but both are outrageously beautiful. I prefer to wear it on the smoother side (shown), but then again it is strung with smooth pearls.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek, I love Your Kojimapearl strand. I just yesterday asked about moonglow pearls from Catherine after watching Your photos. They look so delicious. They really glows on Your neck. I have not choose my side yet. I love my metallic pearls from Catherine; they feels like silk on my finger. Characterics are rougher, but the colour; stunning and these ripples are wonderfully smooth, but wrinkly. I'm touching them all the time :lol: :lol:. I'm so glad you are so helpful!

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Confection 10, :wavey:

Wow, you look fabulous in your pink ripples! :appl: :appl: :appl: I don't get over to this forum every day, so this was a surprise to see your photos so soon; you take great photos and really catch how the color of these pearls change in the light. :appl: :appl: :appl: You have strands to layer them with also!

Pearlescence, :wavey: thank you for your most kind and generous remark. Really, I feel all of us in the trade who truly love pearls do our best to present them honestly and hope to educate others to appreciate them and purchase wisely.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
This all was a pleasure with You, Pattye :appl:. You made everything go so smoothly and with patient. I really appreciate that You and Catherine C . both have most wonderful customer service with personal touch. I feel that I have got pearl friends on other side of the world :wavey:. I have got photos which made choosing easier and many advices when planning to strung by myself. What else woman could ask? Nothing :)

I have took all my photos with my iPhone. It just needs good lightning conditions and wonderful pearls of course :lol:. And today we had quite nice weather, now snowing again though. I love it. Here is so white and bright compared to the last few months darkness.

Thanks Pattye :wavey:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love those pearls! The colour looks wonderful..and Pattye is wonderful :appl: I jjust had another lovely fat package full of Beaders Secret arrive ... :love:

Personally I like both the smooth and the rippled. I have two enormous fat smooth drop shaped strands in pale shades and two crinkly wrinkly gold dusted lavender/purple/silvery multi strands that I have yet to do anything with.. I love them all ! (but I have found that the wrinkly ones are more for the pearly people ... regular folks just don't seem to get it lol )

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10|1389538991|3591360 said:
LitGeek, I love Your Kojimapearl strand. I just yesterday asked about moonglow pearls from Catherine after watching Your photos. They look so delicious. They really glows on Your neck. I have not choose my side yet. I love my metallic pearls from Catherine; they feels like silk on my finger. Characterics are rougher, but the colour; stunning and these ripples are wonderfully smooth, but wrinkly. I'm touching them all the time :lol: :lol:. I'm so glad you are so helpful!

Thank you :wavey: Actually it is really a Catherine Cardellini strand :wink2: Only the kasumi pearl came from Sarah/Kojima. The moonglow pearls are very pretty!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10 - It is amazing how different the pearls look in different light sources and around your neck. They are beautiful - congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results