shape
carat
color
clarity

Pastel Tahitians on the Horizon

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have to say that of all my pearls, I truly enjoy my Tahitians most of all. I wear Tahitians pearls nearly every day. Last year I took advantage of Pearl Paradise's purchase of 5,600 dark green drop shaped Tahitians from Rikitea to get myself a Tahtian rope and necklace.

So, I figured that this year I would simply enjoy my current Tahitians because I would have no need of more. Surely I would not be tempted to purchase more! But, I have a suspicion that I may be wrong.

These photos of pastel drop and oval Tahitians showed up on the PP blog this weekend, so I expect the strands will be for sale sometime this year. I'm redoing my bathroom so there may not be any extra $$$ left for pearls, but I sure hope so. The ovals in particular have me drooling. You pastel pearl lovers should be very happy.

Enjoy the eye candy!

drop-multicolor-tahitian-strands1-1024x683.jpg

drop-multicolor-tahitian-strands2-1024x635.jpg

oval-tahitian-pearl-strands-1024x683.jpg

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
YES! Love pastels and their pops of colour - very flattering and good for spring and summer wear- Hope they might have a few spare left over after stringing their strands for a project I have in mind.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!

iguanatan

Rough_Rock
Oh so lovely!
I keep telling myself I don't NEED any more pearls, but who am I kidding!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I wonder how they look in different light conditions...

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
These are all just lovely ... my heart right now belongs to rings and circles, but those little perfect Easter Egg Ovals ... just dreamy! If I'd gotten baroques during the earlier sales, those ovals would be at the top of my list ... WAY at the top :) Leave it to PP to put something on my list I didn't know about :appl: :appl: :appl:

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
I too have a love affair with tahitians. They are becoming to be my favorite kind of pearl. Although I've been dreaming obsessively of dark tahitians recently the sight of pastel tahitians still make my heart beat faster :love:
My will-power and self-control is on the verge of collapsing...

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit, I called about 10 minutes after the email popped into my inbox to price out a strand of the ovals. I am so tempted...but I'm going to have to wait until after tax season to see what my funding situation is...

They just look gorgeous (and I have a huge weakness for Tahitians). Hopefully by there will still be some left by the time I figure out whether or not I can splurge. Although there is some comfort in knowing that, if not, PP always seems to find new and even more beautiful things to covet.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
The ovals are scrumptious! I'm pretty sure I can't afford them, so I will live vicariously.

This forum has a lot of temptations. :boohoo:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have also been thinking about these since seeing them on the blog :love: I WANT, NEED, must HAVE a set!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1424198958|3833938 said:
I have to admit, I called about 10 minutes after the email popped into my inbox to price out a strand of the ovals. I am so tempted...but I'm going to have to wait until after tax season to see what my funding situation is...

They just look gorgeous (and I have a huge weakness for Tahitians). Hopefully by there will still be some left by the time I figure out whether or not I can splurge. Although there is some comfort in knowing that, if not, PP always seems to find new and even more beautiful things to covet.

are they selling these yet or holding onto them for a special sale

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1424308849|3834612 said:
cmd2014|1424198958|3833938 said:

are they selling these yet or holding onto them for a special sale

You know, I didn't ask. I stopped at pricing, because I'm going to need to save up for what I really want (a longer rope of ovals).

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine arrived.... I have been trying literally for a week and a half and I cannot get any pics to upload here, so I sent them to a friend Acinom and she has graciously agreed to help me. First the vendor pics from PP;

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1426315102|3846975 said:
Mine arrived.... I have been trying literally for a week and a half and I cannot get any pics to upload here, so I sent them to a friend Acinom and she has graciously agreed to help me. First the vendor pics from PP;

_27907.jpg

_27908.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a "glamour" shot of the 6 strands (where they are in the reverse order);

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you guess which ones I picked????

I loved the ovals but I had to limit myself to realising that I was after three things, the most colourful strands above all else, with the best lustre and overall drop shape. I picked...... strands no. 4 and 5 in the natural pics PP sent me (which are nos. 2 and 3 in their reverse order glamour pic). Strand no. 4 in the natural lighting pics from PP (no. 3 in the glamour pic they sent), I think, is also the second bottom strand in FlyGirl's top glamour pic....

Here is what they look like inside my house during an overcast day natural lighting;

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1426317944|3846996 said:
Can you guess which ones I picked????

I loved the ovals but I had to limit myself to realising that I was after three things, the most colourful strands above all else, with the best lustre and overall drop shape. I picked...... strands no. 4 and 5 in the natural pics PP sent me (which are nos. 2 and 3 in their reverse order glamour pic). Strand no. 4 in the natural lighting pics from PP (no. 3 in the glamour pic they sent), I think, is also the second bottom strand in FlyGirl's top glamour pic....

Here is what they look like inside my house during an overcast day natural lighting;

_27910.jpg

_27911.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, you already know I love these Arkieb :love: :love: :love:
Great choices!! Do you enjoy wearing them?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you and big hugs to Acinom for helping me :wavey:
Strand no.5 in the natural pics (no.2 in the glamour pic) is similar to Tucs recent Tahitian strand and strand no.4 in the natural pics (working top down) in the natural pics (no.3 in the glamour pic) is a crazy mix of colours which is exactly what I wanted. I really love the mix of colours!!!
I am already planning on chopping up the strands adding more silver and light blue pearls and probably some larger ones and making a different shape baroque multicoloured rope :lol:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice, arkieb! I agree that 2 in the glamour pic is similar to mine. I really like the other strand you picked, too, they both have irresistible colours and luster! What are the details for the pearls?

The ovals are similar to the ones I saw (as you had commented on my own post) -- they are very pretty, but I was looking for more of a colour pop, and I could see that more in the baroques.

Thank you for sharing. Now we need neck shots!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Tucs :wavey: you should post yours here as well!!! The more multi coloured strand is 18 inches 9.0-10.3mm AA+/AAA Drop/Oval combination and the strand with rainbow peacock overtones which is more like yours is 18 inches 8.5-10.7mm AAA quality Drop multicoloured pearls. Going from your pics I think yours are slightly larger than mine, the strands available vary a bit in size in colour.

I can't even get the pics I took to load onto P/S let alone take competent neck pics :lol: I am terrible - already plotting on how I can chop up the strands add more pearls and mix them up even more....

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1426373209|3847280 said:
Hi Tucs :wavey: you should post yours here as well!!! The more multi coloured strand is 18 inches 9.0-10.3mm AA+/AAA Drop/Oval combination and the strand with rainbow peacock overtones which is more like yours is 18 inches 8.5-10.7mm AAA quality Drop multicoloured pearls. Going from your pics I think yours are slightly larger than mine, the strands available vary a bit in size in colour.

I can't even get the pics I took to load onto P/S let alone take competent neck pics :lol: I am terrible - already plotting on how I can chop up the strands add more pearls and mix them up even more....

Give the neckshots a try Arkieb and I will post them for you from this side of the globe! Either a selfie or a great mirror will do :lol:
You are serious about the chopping, aren't you 8-)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Must....not....buy....more......Tahitians!

Beautiful strands arkieb1! :appl: :appl: :appl:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations :appl: :appl: :appl: love the new Tahitians now we need lots of neck shots. I might have missed this but did you have 2 strands or a rope made?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Ranch Girl|1426474669|3847854 said:
Congratulations :appl: :appl: :appl: love the new Tahitians now we need lots of neck shots. I might have missed this but did you have 2 strands or a rope made?

Hi 4Ranch Girl :wavey: I had PP sent two separate strands, because I had no idea if they would look O.K together. I think they will be fine. The plan is to buy more pearls some more light blues and silvers in small sizes maybe a few larger nice coloured pearls that will slot in every 5th or 6th pearl (and possibly another strand) chop them up and mix them myself and make a colourful rope.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results