shape
carat
color
clarity

October 24th shopping trip to Pearl Paradise

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
It is time for my annual shopping trip to Pearl Paradise. The one where I choose my xmas present. I know there are lots of new pretties to choose from because Jeremy sent me pictures from the HK show. I asked him to find a pistachio strand of akoyas for me. I think he also found some blue strands too. Hisano chose some Edison's that she said have my and NL name on them and are pretty special. When she says special I am sure they really, really are. They will go with the pearls she chose for me in June that I have waiting. So what I will come home with is anyone's guess.

Is there anything you want me to find for you in his vault while I am there? I think we will be doing another video chat with NL that you can see. My appointment is in the morning.

Here is a few of the pictures that I was sent from HK.

_dsc0062.jpg

_dsc0076.jpg

_11011.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OMG That would be so exciting! It would be very special to be able to look at all the pearls that the Shepard's very keen eyes have selected out of the thousands of strands in HK ! You get to see the best of the lot ! Lucky You !! Take photos !!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I'm looking forward to your annual trip, 4Ranch Girl, and seeing what you select for your Christmas present.

I'd like to see some of their haul of the metallic freshwater strands that I've been reading about, especially if there are any in darker colors, such as purple. Any with red overtones, or green overtones, or blue overtones? I think they are so beautiful.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl these are exactly what you are looking for. My question was were they Edison's. Here is part of the email with the info:

"No, the are just tissue-nukes. When we got to the show I went to say 'hi.' I told them we weren't going to start doing freshwater until day 3 because we had so many SSP and TAH that were on the list. They told me that they had made something special for us and they wanted us to see them first. When I saw them I told Hisano to grab every strand she thought we might want and have them set aside. She took nearly everything. There was no way that they would be around by day three. The are the best metallic strands I've ever seen and there are 54 of them, I believe. They average 6 to about 11 mm and are all graduated."

_11014.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1382061546|3539860 said:
FlyGirl these are exactly what you are looking for. My question was were they Edison's. Here is part of the email with the info:

"No, the are just tissue-nukes. When we got to the show I went to say 'hi.' I told them we weren't going to start doing freshwater until day 3 because we had so many SSP and TAH that were on the list. They told me that they had made something special for us and they wanted us to see them first. When I saw them I told Hisano to grab every strand she thought we might want and have them set aside. She took nearly everything. There was no way that they would be around by day three. The are the best metallic strands I've ever seen and there are 54 of them, I believe. They average 6 to about 11 mm and are all graduated."
Bingo. I think my personal shopper should look them over. :bigsmile:

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
How fun! I would barely be able to sleep tonight if I had an appointment (and money to spend, of course!) at PP tomorrow. Enjoy!

As for me, I'd love to find an 18" Baroque Tahitian strand that have a similarly intense blue-green color like the round Tahitian studs I already own (pic below). Not picky about size, but want them to be baroque, not circled, and mostly oval instead of the baroque shape where the pearls taper to a very skinny point on one side (does that make sense?).

Also want to see more of those metallics as mentioned above!

tahitians_0.jpg

pp_0.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Tara yes I do know what you mean. Oval is just that, oval. My golden ss strand is oval. Would it be ok if it appearrs round? Or do you actually want it to look oval? The green of the earrings is stunning, Love it. Jeremy has 150 barogue strands arriving tomorrow so I will have some to look at for you.

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, 4Ranch Girl :) Oval OR round is fine by me! Heck, in an ideal world, I'd get a strand to match my earrings exactly - meaning, round-round, not round-ish, but that would likely cost in the thousands of dollars, not hundreds, so my budget can't match my dream for now! So, close-to-round would obviously be great, but I'm open to anything as long as the pearls don't have that *drastic* tapering on the end that you sometimes see, like in the pearl that's front-and-center in this strand: http://www.pearlparadise.com/18inch-AAAAA-86108-mm-Circled-Drop-Tahitian-Pearl-Necklace-5153.aspx

I can't help it, and appreciate that others love this shape, but it always reminds me of sweet potatoes :lol:

p.s. Just saw some of your Tahitians in your "thought I would share" thread... :love: :love: :love:

tahitians.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Tara when NacreLover was at PP 2 summers ago she wanted a strand of white ss. Jeremy showed us his new baroques. And the strand she chose are baroque but standing in front of them they appear round. They are beautiful white ss. Not sure if I can come up with a strand like that in the color you want but I will see what he has.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Those two strands were my first Tahitian strands. They are the same strands that I have worn made into a torsade with the silver T's in that thread. My passion is smooth drop shape. I don't mind a few rings but perfer them to be smooth. I have a couple of the pointy ones but not many.

Your earring color is outstanding.

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
I like smooth drop shapes, too, if they're like the ones you have and not too elongated. I also don't mind a few rings, but I don't like when the pearls are so ringed that they look "busy". I know that's an entirely subjective judgment call, though. I really appreciate you looking for me! You can probably tell from my terminology that I am pretty new to pearls, though I love them, so I'm definitely grateful for the help.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
4Rg I am so looking forward to your trip! I just know you are going to leave there with something really special, or maybe several special things :lol: If you do a video chat I would love to see a strand of black akoyas please...maybe 7-7.5 and 7.5-8. I won't be shopping for those until after the Holidays, but if you have time it would be great to see them :loopy: Have fun at the vault!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Oh what fun!!! I have already been shopping at PP with some of the new finds- but I'm sure I can think of a couple more things I need. My sister fell in love with my tin cup souffle necklace and I was thinking of making her one for Christmas if I can find some pretty souffles. Let me find a picture of mine. They are such a gorgeous shade of pink/lavender. Also, I might be interested in one of the natural blue baroque necklaces with the pink overtone, and lastly I'd like a SS tear drop shaped pearl with pink overtone. Smooth (no ripples) with incredible luster. I want this to be a very special pearl. I have a natural pink diamond heart and I'm thinking I may like a SS pearl to hang below it- so it needs to be a very special pearl-it does not need to be overly large.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Ok- here's a picture of my souffles. If PP has something similar (or another suggestion) that would be great!!

Also, I love icy jade's new SS pendant- gives you an idea of the shape, luster,and glow I'm looking for. =)
You are so sweet to shop for us!!

phpuu3bzram.jpg

img_2353.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1382060794|3539854 said:
I'm looking forward to your annual trip, 4Ranch Girl, and seeing what you select for your Christmas present.

I'd like to see some of their haul of the metallic freshwater strands that I've been reading about, especially if there are any in darker colors, such as purple. Any with red overtones, or green overtones, or blue overtones? I think they are so beautiful.
4Ranch Girl - This is the photo on another blog that really caught my eye. The purple strand on the left with the reddish overtones is amazing. If it could be made to be 19 or 20 inches long, that would be ideal. Jeremy didn't picture any darker strands, but with the number that he purchased, I have to think that there are some amazing colors in there.

purplemetallics2.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
4RG: Thanks & I think we have all been looking forward to your christmas shopping trip! :appl:
Unfortunately my pearl budget is almost busted this year. But can you pls keep an eye out for metallic white FWP round pairs/studs that are > 9mm? 10mm would be great (no 11mm right?)

If you can tell us more about the new metallic strands - colours, shape (how round/off-round) will be great. They look so pretty on the PP FB page. Luscious!

Pinkjewel: Thanks for liking my pendant! :bigsmile:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so excited to see what Hisano and Jeremy selected for us in Hong Kong. This pendant will make my earrings from our last trip into a set. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

_11019.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1382109928|3540087 said:
I'm so excited to see what Hisano and Jeremy selected for us in Hong Kong. This pendant will make my earrings from our last trip into a set. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Yay! That is going to be one spectacular set!!! :love: :love: :love:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Pinkjewel I will check out his souffles for you and see what might work. And will see if there is one spectatular drop for your necklace. Natural blue baroque necklaces with the pink overtone.

Flygirl will check out the purple pearls for you.

IcyJade he did bring back many white metallic pearls. I will choose a pair for you. The bigger the better I presume.

NL I have your list :naughty:

LitGeek got ya....black akoyas...maybe 7-7.5 and 7.5-8. but...you already know what I think you really, really NEED. :bigsmile:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
tara3056|1382067075|3539917 said:
How fun! I would barely be able to sleep tonight if I had an appointment (and money to spend, of course!) at PP tomorrow. Enjoy!

As for me, I'd love to find an 18" Baroque Tahitian strand that have a similarly intense blue-green color like the round Tahitian studs I already own (pic below). Not picky about size, but want them to be baroque, not circled, and mostly oval instead of the baroque shape where the pearls taper to a very skinny point on one side (does that make sense?).

Also want to see more of those metallics as mentioned above!

I was just sent a few pictures and I think I spy your new strand. Let's see if it hits you like it did me. It is a sneak peak. The pictures will go up on the PP blog next week.(The colors at not as bright as in my email.)

10-18-13blog.jpg

10-18-13blog2.jpg

10-18-13blog3.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I want to give equal time to the round strands. PKIN2 I see your silver strand in these photos.

10-18-13blog4.jpg

_dsc3862.jpg

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Hope it is a great shopping trip - I'm envious!!

While relatively new to the pearl world/Forum - would it be ok for me to ask for you to look something small out for me?
I have one more "essential" to complete my basic collection & would appreciate your eye and expertise with pearls.

icy_jade|1382106305|3540050 said:
can you pls keep an eye out for metallic white FWP round pairs/studs that are > 9mm? 10mm would be great (no 11mm right?)

Me too! Anything 9mm or greater would be fabulous.

Attaching pic of baby monster's that are from PP in 2013. I think these were 9.5 +

_11048.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4RG, those Tahitian strands are amazing! I love the 2 greenish ones in the middle and the first one from the bottom.

I'd like to put in a request for a strand of white metallic FWP to match my studs. At least 10mm and glassy :bigsmile: . I see that my studs inspired someone else. They are fab :love:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok ladies Jeremy has put the whole lot of T's aside until I get there. Make sure I know exactly what you want. The more info I am given the easier it will be for me to find what you want. That vault is full to over flowing right now.

Baby Monster you want the white metallic 10mm up. Would graduated be ok?

Mondayschild 9mm or bigger white metallic studs. What overtone silver or pink?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Graduated is ok. I usually wear my hair down so back of strand can't be seen. I'd like a 20" strand with mirror-like surfaces. TIA!

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
4Ranch Girl - ACK!! The beauty! I actually really love several of them :) Which one struck you as the best?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results