shape
carat
color
clarity

October 24th shopping trip to Pearl Paradise

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Bsomlo. The Cherry is my 39th Anniversary gift from My DH. It's in the mail on the way to my home, but don't think I can wait until next month to open the box. :love:

Im looking for just the right chain and then will shorten it to have the pearl fit in the hollow of my throat above the collar bones. Suzy Orman wears her signature pendant like that and I like the look. It will also keep the pendant above my strands if I decide to wear my Cherry strands with the pendant.

The Edison should coordinate with the Edison earrings I got from PP when we were out there in August.

dangleedisons3.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
NL, what a great decision not to drill that gorgeous cherry beauty. The flame pendant is very nice too. I didn't know they have that one available. If I did I would have had it for one of my WSS loose pearls and use the Halloween code. All your pearls are gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing the glamour shots.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
NL I absolutely LOVE the way your cherry turned out with that beautiful diamond cage setting :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I am so happy you got that special pearl and for such a memorable occasion! Your new Edison is also gorgeous and is going to be stunning in the flame setting with your earrings :appl: :appl: :appl: SO pretty! Enjoy your new pearls :wavey:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here are glamour shots of the three metallic lavender strands that Jeremy and 4Ranch Girl selected for me.

pp4675.jpg

pp4752.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Which did you decide on? Or do I feel a triple coming on...?!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1384019790|3553436 said:
Which did you decide on? Or do I feel a triple coming on...?!
I told Jeremy which one I liked best (the middle one in the first shot), and he decided that I needed to see them in person. :twirl: Apparently, he did not agree with my choice. :naughty:

The strands arrived a couple of days ago, but due to work and the darkness this time of year, I was only able to see them in daylight today. I asked for a bracelet as well, so Jeremy added one to the box.

Here is a shot in daylight. The bracelet is on the right. It is a bit shaded over there, which is why it looks darker. It really isn't.

laven_6712.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Okay, lady. Now that I see you've got the goods, and then some -- I (politely) demand more pictures! Which do you like, now that you see them in real life?! Do you know which one Jeremy thought would be best for you?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1384022949|3553453 said:
Okay, lady. Now that I see you've got the goods, and then some -- I (politely) demand more pictures! Which do you like, now that you see them in real life?! Do you know which one Jeremy thought would be best for you?
Ha, ha. Of course I have more photos. :naughty: I quickly eliminated the more apricot strand. Of the two remaining lavenders, one has more luster and blue overtones. I'm guessing that is the one that 4Ranch Girl liked. The other has a larger center pearl and is slightly darker and redder. I'm thinking that is the strand that Jeremy liked best and it is now my first choice. The bracelet strand actually is a mix of both colors of pearls..the center pearl matches the darker strand and the rest of the pearls have lots of blue overtones and bright luster. I'm keeping it. :cheeky:

In truth, all of the strands are stunning. Any of them would be wonderful. I'm splitting hairs here. All of them are far better than a couple of lavender strands I have collected from other sources. I'm going to have a find a good home for those pearls. I'll probably cut them up and make some mixed ropes.

I already had lavender studs from Pearl Paradise. I added them to a couple of shots.

four_6699.jpg

pp_6729.jpg

pp_6731.jpg

pp2_6731.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
tara3056|1383975970|3553248 said:
I got my blue-green baroque Tahitian strand today, too! :love: I love it! Unfortunately, it was dark out by the time UPS came, so no pics yet, but I am wearing it right now and will try to get pics of it asap. This is my first strand of pearls (I own studs, a tin cup, and a pendant, but no strands). It's so luxurious! I love the weight of the pearls, and how they warm up on the skin. I'm hooked! I can already tell I'm really going to be wanting a white strand when the budget allows (even though I can't get my hubby on board with that one - he says I'm only 32 and white round pearls are for when I get older :nono:). The only thing I'm not entirely crazy about is the clasp. I got the matte white gold ball clasp, and it just feels a little cheap to me. I might look into upgrading it in the future.

BTW: this strand matches my round stud earrings very, very well! 4RG, you did such a great job finding this one for me - thank you so much again!
All I can say is WHEW and breathe a sigh of relief that you are pleased. It truly was my pleasure to be allowed to select this for you. Enjoy your new beauties :wavey:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1384003787|3553327 said:
Here are my new pearls from Pearl Paradise. 12mm Cherry Tahitian in a diamond cage setting, and a 14.5 Edison with a 14k diamond Flame setting.

We decided not to drill the pearl, Jeremy said it's the finest cherry he's ever had. The flame setting isn't on the PP website and has a 15 point diamond.
Holy Smokes NL I am so glad that the cherry is yours :mrgreen: i had my doubts about that cage but it does look like it was made especially for that pearl. Pearl sisters that us :naughty: :wavey:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1384024754|3553464 said:
Ha, ha. Of course I have more photos. :naughty: I quickly eliminated the more apricot strand. Of the two remaining lavenders, one has more luster and blue overtones. I'm guessing that is the one that 4Ranch Girl liked. The other has a larger center pearl and is slightly darker and redder. I'm thinking that is the strand that Jeremy liked best and it is now my first choice. The bracelet strand actually is a mix of both colors of pearls..the center pearl matches the darker strand and the rest of the pearls have lots of blue overtones and bright luster. I'm keeping it. :cheeky:

In truth, all of the strands are stunning. Any of them would be wonderful. I'm splitting hairs here. All of them are far better than a couple of lavender strands I have collected from other sources. I'm going to have a find a good home for those pearls. I'll probably cut them up and make some mixed ropes.

I already had lavender studs from Pearl Paradise. I added them to a couple of shots.
Soooo is it one or two strands :naughty: ?????

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1384027673|3553485 said:
Fly Girl|1384024754|3553464 said:

Soooo is it one or two strands :naughty: ?????
One necklace and one bracelet. Is that one or two???

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Those lavender metallics are incredibly beautiful! It is taking all of my will power not to order one :tongue: That is awesome that Jeremy sent them to you to choose. 4RG did good :wavey: Enjoy your new pearls :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so it is the red overtone and bracelet :naughty: they are both really nice. I love the luster on those pearls. Metallic is my favorite FWP. You are lucky you can wear lavender it melts into my skin and does not show up well. Enjoy your new beauties.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek|1384029378|3553494 said:
Those lavender metallics are incredibly beautiful! It is taking all of my will power not to order one :tongue: That is awesome that Jeremy sent them to you to choose. 4RG did good :wavey: Enjoy your new pearls :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love:
Remember LitGeek that pearl shopping at PP is like shopping at Costco. If you see it and love it get it right then because it might not be back again....ever. It will be like the big fish you dream about that got away.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1384029899|3553501 said:
Remember LitGeek that pearl shopping at PP is like shopping at Costco. If you see it and love it get it right then because it might not be back again....ever. It will be like the big fish you dream about that got away.

Groan :( I really look better in jewel tones, black, and white...if these were dark purple I wouldn't hesitate. ITA Fly Girl is very lucky she can wear this color.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I tried a shot holding up the strand to my neck. The strands are 16 inches, and I am trying to hold it closer to the 19 inches that I prefer. My question has been sent to Jeremy on how to make it appear longer. And, another shot with my current lavender studs. I think this is a yummy color. The graduation gives it a more dressy look.

selfie_6708.jpg

keeper_6736.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I like the graduation a lot!

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Fly Girl,

Another beauty for your jewelry box! Love the warm reddish color~it looks perfect for you! :appl: So fun following your decision making process. (Wish I could have been shopping PP's sale, too, or having 4RG shop for me, but the other pearlies have priority right now, have to replace crowns, such a bummer.)

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl, I love all the strands 4ranchgirl and Jeremy selected, I don't know now you could choose wrong. Enjoy. :appl: :appl: :appl:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow- everyone has picked such lovely items!! This is so much fun watching the goodies roll in. 4RG- you have been so wonderful and helpful with you and Jeremy selecting the best pieces for us to view!

I am having a hard time selecting which South Sea pearls to keep. Jeremy was wonderful and sent all six for me to view. Sorry, haven't had a chance to snap pictures,yet. The pink diamond heart definitely needs the drop shape of the more silvery toned pearl- and the size is perfect. The other single does not work shape wise with the heart. I also think the silvery color makes the light pink diamond look more pink if that makes sense- it provides more contrast. But I just love the silver and rose overtones of the other three and the gorgeous luster. soooooo I am thinking of keeping all six pearls... :naughty: have to make a decision by tomorrow.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow everything looks amazing. I think my bling budget is going to be going to pearls again this year after seeing those gorgeous metallics!

Thank you 4Ranch Girl for documenting your trip so well. Your informative posts have given me the courage to email PP and ask about a special order for my mom.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock

Ditto! Especially now that I know the bluish and more lustrous one might be looking for a new home.
In no way do I need two strands of these.

They are stunning! Great choice.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Chemgirl,
Welcome to the dark side!

If you don't mind sharing, what are you ordering for your mom?

Pinkjewel, what a delicious combination - pink diamond and south sea pearl! Must be so fun to have all six to play with. Looking forward to seeing the finished pendant.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1384101102|3553835 said:
Chemgirl,
Welcome to the dark side!

If you don't mind sharing, what are you ordering for your mom?

Pinkjewel, what a delicious combination - pink diamond and south sea pearl! Must be so fun to have all six to play with. Looking forward to seeing the finished pendant.

Haha thanks!

I helped my dad pick out a Tahitian tin cup from PP last year for my mom's Christmas present. We went with a copper overtone for something a little different. This year she has hinted for matching earrings. I know it won't be an exact match, but we're hoping PP has some similar pearls that can be made into studs.

I'll be sure to share pictures (and sneak some of her necklace).

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1384086601|3553742 said:
Oh, wow- everyone has picked such lovely items!! This is so much fun watching the goodies roll in. 4RG- you have been so wonderful and helpful with you and Jeremy selecting the best pieces for us to view!

I am having a hard time selecting which South Sea pearls to keep. Jeremy was wonderful and sent all six for me to view. Sorry, haven't had a chance to snap pictures,yet. The pink diamond heart definitely needs the drop shape of the more silvery toned pearl- and the size is perfect. The other single does not work shape wise with the heart. I also think the silvery color makes the light pink diamond look more pink if that makes sense- it provides more contrast. But I just love the silver and rose overtones of the other three and the gorgeous luster. soooooo I am thinking of keeping all six pearls... :naughty: have to make a decision by tomorrow.
I am so glad you liked the silver overtone pearl because the luster was just something else. That is not to say the others were lacking in anyway at all. Truthfully that lot of pearls were all just a special lot and keeping all six makes perfect sense to me :naughty:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
chemgirl|1384099061|3553819 said:
Wow everything looks amazing. I think my bling budget is going to be going to pearls again this year after seeing those gorgeous metallics!

Thank you 4Ranch Girl for documenting your trip so well. Your informative posts have given me the courage to email PP and ask about a special order for my mom.
PP is great to work with and they do go above and beyond to choose the best pearls. If you are in the US it probably would be better for you to call the first time to let them know what you are really looking for then the rest of the correspondence could be by email unless you already have someone you work with. We are approaching their busiest time of the year so sooner would be better.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
My loose SS pearls arrived. I am wearing the blue overtone one today. It's about 11.6mm. Pendant finding's from Pearl Classic. I am impressed with service. They shipped the same day I ordered using USPS priority 2 day.

wss_single_1a.jpg

blue_ss_on_white.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Another shot on sweater.

blue_ss_on_sweater.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom|1384355543|3555762 said:
My loose SS pearls arrived. I am wearing the blue overtone one today. It's about 11.6mm. Pendant finding's from Pearl Classic. I am impressed with service. They shipped the same day I ordered using USPS priority 2 day.

Diamonds and pearls oh my :twirl: Perfection :appl: :appl: :appl: Beautiful pearl and a lovely (and sparkly!!!) setting :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results