shape
carat
color
clarity

Not what you're used to, but pretty!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
I found these on Etsy. Very different from any of my other pearls! I love that they are floaters.

Just wanted to share.

red_pearls_floating_necklace_seven.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! The colour is gorgeous!! Great find!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
What a great necklace :appl: different but very interesting. I hope you bought it :naughty:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
great find and I too hope you bought it! :appl:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely bought it!!! And she's going to make me custom earrings to go with it!

Forgot to say it's from Patricia Saab Designs, who I found through Flygirl! She does lovely work!

Thanks for the compliments everyone and thanks to Pattye for such a beautiful necklace!

I love everything of hers that I've bought so far!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty necklace. Isn't Pattye's work awesome?

She recently put this colorful rope up on her website. I'm trying to resist, but I love these pretty and fun pearls.

Please post pics of your matching earrings when they arrive.

pattyesrope.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Pattye is a member of this forum also. Beautiful pearls. Enjoy. :love:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
opps, FlyGirl: i'd been eyeing the same rope for some time and actually ordered it before logging on here this a.m.......
it is my first rope and i'm wanting the colors to take me summer through fall.
please forgive my unintentional scooping this one out from under you.

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oh, MY! I'm so blushing (where is the little smilie for that??) :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: Thank you all, Periwinklegirl, Moviezombie, NacreLover, FlyGirl, 4RanchGirl, MissKittyCat, for your very kind remarks (and shopping)! I hope I didn't miss anyone~
I'm delighted to be part of the pearly fun over here~

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: :wavey: Hey, Girl Friend! :wavey: :wavey: Pattye, what kind of pearls were on the necklace at the top of the post?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Love Pattye and her designs :love: I asked her to create a 74 inch tin cup/rope with whites from Jose at Tahitipearl.biz sorry I don't have a better picture but I wear it all the time with the matching bracelet.

white_ss_tin_cup.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to see this rope in person. This was the strand of white south sea pearls you let me borrow for 6 months to see if I really liked white pearls right?

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
NacreLover|1367090562|3435780 said:
:wavey: :wavey: Hey, Girl Friend! :wavey: :wavey: Pattye, what kind of pearls were on the necklace at the top of the post?

:wavey: NL, Baroque cultured freshwater pearls, dyed, of course, to achieve that unusual red color~thanks for asking!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowser, that is a tin cup I could [am] lust for! :love:

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
4Ranch Girl|1367090885|3435781 said:
Love Pattye and her designs :love: I asked her to create a 74 inch tin cup/rope with whites from Jose at Tahitipearl.biz sorry I don't have a better picture but I wear it all the time with the matching bracelet.

4Ranch Girl, Thank you so much, that certainly was a fun collaboration! Such beautiful, inspiring South Seas! You had great ideas to truly "make it yours." :D :D So glad you are enjoying the necklace and bracelet. (these smilies just crack me up.)

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pattye|1367093998|3435805 said:

:wavey: NL, Baroque cultured freshwater pearls, dyed, of course, to achieve that unusual red color~thanks for asking!

Can't wait to see them! What a colour!

Just curious, do you get them already dyed?

Pattye - love your avatar, btw!

Thanks!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1367077582|3435644 said:
opps, FlyGirl: i'd been eyeing the same rope for some time and actually ordered it before logging on here this a.m.......
it is my first rope and i'm wanting the colors to take me summer through fall.
please forgive my unintentional scooping this one out from under you.
Not to worry, MZ. I never post something on PS that I'm planning to get before I order it. I know better than that. :bigsmile:

I do like that rope, so I was rather hoping someone here would get it, and then post some pictures. :cheeky:

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
periwinklegirl|1367108357|3435906 said:
Pattye|1367093998|3435805 said:

Can't wait to see them! What a colour!

Just curious, do you get them already dyed?

Pattye - love your avatar, btw!

Thanks!

Yes, the pearls come already dyed, probably not a good diy project, for me at least! The Chinese have developed effective techniques for color treating, just as the Japanese have for their pink-tinted white Akoya, dyed silver/gray and black/peacock Akoya.

US artisan Gregg Burgard makes these adorable sterling bead "caps"~like my teapot avatar! Thank You!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Pattye, Have you ever created a tea pot charm bracelet using black or white pearls?

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!

Don't think I'm not contemplating the teapot!!

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
NacreLover|1367180112|3436201 said:
Pattye, Have you ever created a tea pot charm bracelet using black or white pearls?

NacreLover, What a fun, creative idea; I hadn't thought of using it on a bracelet. Love that thought! I did make a custom teapot charm before this one, only with a Tahitian pearl. It take's a bit of fiddling to find the right pearl to fit! Gregg has another teapot design that takes a longer, thinner pearl, too. Haven't make it up yet.

c langston

Shiny_Rock
Oh these are lovely! I do love pearls, gems, anything that is different. I wish the wine/oxblood color looked good on me... these are very nice love the shape and shade of color. Thanks for sharing these I love looking at all the special and unique things that are out there if you happen across it. (hand held high)I am a firm believer in the Moscow rule of shopping.

styringca

Rough_Rock
I have a teapot pendant necklace actually,but it's not made of pearl but rhinestone. :tongue:

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
As far as my knowledge in pearl business, all odd color pearls e.g. red pearls are dyed and laboratory treated using off-white off round pearls lower grading pearls to do so. The dyed pearls look nice when freshly purchase but will become dull and losing the luster over time. But they can make pretty jewelry to wear as part of the fashion. Wearing natural or dyed pearls is a personal choice as long as you enjoy the piece.

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
The pearl rope containing green, blue, brown pearls other than the biwa white pearls are probably dyed treated. But with the color combination, it can be part of the fashion to match different color of outfit or dresses. As a pearl merchant, I advise my customers to choose all natural untreated pearls for lasting luster and beauty as well as investment worth over time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results