shape
carat
color
clarity

New Ripple Pearls at Pearls of Joy

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Well, my Mother's Day present is on the way. If anyone is looking for a strand of Kasumi-like ripple pearls, Pearls of Joy has a new batch from the March 2014 Hong Kong Pearl Show. Great prices, too. Mine are 11-15 mm ($250 with the sterling clasp option). The length wasn't listed, but Kevin said it will be about 18 inches with the clasp. They are a bit hidden. When you get to the site, click on the "Pearl types" tab at the type, then scroll down to "Freshwater Ripples." :naughty:

kasumis.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Seem to be quite yummy colour pearls :love:. More photos when they arrive, please :wavey:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ha. You outed him. I just got the e-mail blast that the ripples are on sale a day early.

Resisting, since I just purchased a Kasumi bracelet and ring from Sarah during the Kojima PEARLEQUINOX 20% off sale.

But, there is a tempting strand with about 5 pearls in front with heavy green circles glowing around the pearls. I expect someone will grab that one soon.

ripple.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went back and forth between white and multicolored strands. So hard to choose :lickout: . Bought 2 white ones to make a rope.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a white strand tonight and got a confirmation email. Does that mean I got them because they still show available on the website?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
@Redwood, I had the same thing happen when I ordered mine early this morning. I guess their system has to be marked as sold by hand. I was so relieved when it was marked "no longer in stock" on the site. Maybe shoot him an email? Good luck!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They fixed it so it is mine! I have been wanting a white strand and they look so great on the blog post! :love:

_16410.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Yes.... please post photos when u get them. . Many of the whites and colorful ones look amazing on the photos and I am sure in real life as well. But I am not getting any this time round cos I need to save for other purchases..

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
seaurchin - You picked a really amazing strand - so colorful! I missed out on the sale but I look forward to seeing pictures. I don't have any ripples (yet) but this sale selection was outstanding!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pkinnew|1396444838|3645764 said:
seaurchin - You picked a really amazing strand - so colorful! I missed out on the sale but I look forward to seeing pictures. I don't have any ripples (yet) but this sale selection was outstanding!

There are some left on the second page of the freshwater ripples. Only the colorful ones are left though.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Got 'em!

Mine are 11-15mm, and with the sterling clasp, 18 1/2 inches long. They came in a gorgeous presentation box. "In real life", I think it's lighter, shinier, and rounder than the store photo. But then every time the light changes they look different here too. Thankfully, I don't see the pitting like I've seen in some ripple pearl photos elsewhere. It always surprises me how colored pearls "wake up" and after a few minutes, the colors pop. It will be just right to wear with all my summer pastels. <3

ripple_pearls-2.jpg

ripple_pearls-3.jpg

ripple_0.jpg

ripple_pearls-1.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Your ripples are fantastic! Now I am really excited to meet my ripples rope from POJ!!!

Thanks for the different views.

Wear them in good health!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty and nicely matched. I like the way they alternated the colors. I especially love the green overtones of one of the pearls. I could see it in the POJ photo, but it is even more lovely the way the colors pop in person.

Nice purchase! :wavey:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
The colors and luster are outstanding. I just adore your strand! The green is of course spectacular, but that light light pastel lime opposite the green is captivating, to my eye.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1396654615|3647582 said:
The colors and luster are outstanding. I just adore your strand! The green is of course spectacular, but that light light pastel lime opposite the green is captivating, to my eye.
Agreed. I was thinking it was a baby blue pearl, but it could be lime green. Anyhow, the pearl placement is lovely.

I hope you love yours just as much, bsomlo. It seems like about half of the multi-colored pearls are a shade of gold/peach/cream which allows the others to really pop.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies! It's getting darker in the room with evening light and the purple-blue and peachy ones near the center have taken over the spotlight. I am starting to think they're alive! :razz:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
seaurchin|1396654903|3647589 said:
Thanks, ladies! And now it's getting darker in the room and the purple-blue and peach ones just to the right of the center have taken over the spotlight. I am starting to think they're alive! :razz:
Love the purple pearls. I only wish there was an entire strand of them.

I just checked the POJ site, and it looks like there are nine fresh strands out there. I've been debating purchasing two to combine and get more purples (and have a peach strand left over to gift), but I am still thinking about it.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
seaurchin -- how about another shot with the changing light? Please?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Certainly! Sorry I couldn't get it focused any better. My camera is doing strange things where I have to push down longer to snap the picture and it's making them a bit fuzzy. Also, it's hard to capture the gleam. Anyway, fwiw! :(

evening_light_ripples.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I agree with FlyGirl that the pearl placement is lovely. Kevin also did a great job of pearl placement on my metallic drop necklace. I'd love to see shots in different light over the coming days, if you are up for it. Enjoy! I'm sure you'll put them somewhere you can admire them when not worn.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
That does sound like a neat project, Bsomlo. Too bad husband has snatched my strand away until Mother's Day, lol. Something like that could even be used on a separate thread or sticky, too. There seem to be so many questions, disappointments, etc. about pearl appearance that it would be great to have somewhere to direct newcomers that shows how variable their colors really are in different lights. Can't really help them with how camera and real life shots differ, but maybe it would give a good idea of it all. :twirl:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Seaurchin, lovely ripples. Ripples really make colours pop out. And didn't you know; pearls might be alive. Sometimes. Watch out :lol: :lol:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
My rope and earrings arrived today! Neck/ear shots later -- but here are a few pearl shots for now.

The ripples are 11 mm to 16 mm and I asked Kevin to make mismatched earrings by pulling a couple of ripple pearls from the rope. He suggested rose gold clasp and findings.The quality is wonderful -- large pearls with nice skins. I can hardly wait to wear them out and about and see them in changing light. Here they are on a paper towel for now:

A few hours later with less bright reflected Northern light by window (quite different looking!):

Vendor photo for comparison:

I promise neck/ear shots later!

poj_ripple_mismatched_earrings.jpg

poj_ripple_rope_1.jpg

poj_ripple_rope_vendor_photo.jpg

poj_ripple_rope_2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results