shape
carat
color
clarity

New Project - Long Tin Cup w Multi Color Tahitians

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
When I saw pinkjewel's stunning pastel Tahitians with black spinel https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-pastel-tahitians-and-black-spinels.207719/, I knew that I NEED it :love:

So I contacted the wonderful folks at PP and so far have lined up 24 pearls. I am hoping we can find three more blue ones so I will have 27 in total. Here are two pictures in different lighting.

We are thinking of mixing the pearls in size and color, instead of the pairs look. What you think? All suggestions welcome!

Also please help me decide on the metal. Silver or YG, or else?

_27522.jpg

_27524.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'm not a matchy type so your idea of mixing it up works really well for me....even size and color!
is the 2nd picture the same as the first just different lighting? :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of mixing sizes, can't wait to see your tin cup, I am loving this look lately.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1425100397|3839624 said:
i'm not a matchy type so your idea of mixing it up works really well for me....even size and color!

Yes they are the same pearls in different lighting

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Are you doing this with black spinels or on a chain? If with the black spinels, then I would go for a black rhodium clasp.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pearls! I would go with YG with these.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yingh|1425145513|3839770 said:
movie zombie|1425100397|3839624 said:

Yes they are the same pearls in different lighting

wowzer! I love the change that happens!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, lovely pearls! I can't wait to see the end product. I would go with yellow gold myself.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard|1425150970|3839809 said:
Are you doing this with black spinels or on a chain? If with the black spinels, then I would go for a black rhodium clasp.

I love the black spinel look but it depends on the cost though. If I go with metal I will probably choose YG.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the metal colour is probably totally an issue of personal preference, as both WG and YG would go well with the Tahitians. YG would bring out the warm tones more; WG would make them look cooler. I'd go with what you normally wear the most of.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Oh this is going to be gorgeous

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I totally agree that this will be gorgeous...I can't wait to see the finished product.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I said YG too soon, apparently. After seeing black spinel in another thread, it is back on my list. Can someone please advise on skill level required to string pearls with small beads? I've never done it before. I'm not sure about the cost of having PP do it. Thanks in advance!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oxidized silver! The dark grey will make the colours sing.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lady, you hit it! yes, oxidized silver!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Hi pearl experts, need your help again on this project. Finally I've worked with wonderful PP staffs and selected 27 Tahitians, in different colors. Will separate the, with black spinels.

Here is the current line up, finished necklace will be about 41 to 42 inches. Any suggestions For how the pearls are sorted??

_28370.jpg

_28371.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I like that dark green round pearl at the very end. Wish I can move it up to a more visible spot but not sure where.

I want to be able to wear this long necklace as a double strand sometimes - how do I place the pearls strategically for that purpose? Thanks!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you get a pretty clasp, you just rotate it to the front or side, and that pearl will become a star (either doubled or as a single). if you do that, given it's a station necklace with the pearls staggered, you can wear it oriented however you want. I can see it being really flexible.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Cmd!

I've been asked to pick a clasp but I'm lost. I don't want a shiny one. Any recommendations?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure, but John does custom work if you see an inspiration look online.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful pearls. The colors are gorgeous. All different and each one has great depth of color. Can't wait to see how the necklace turns out!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
It is looking lovely!!

Let PP string it for you- Hisano played with some different layouts before we hit the one I liked the best. I wanted the pearls at random intervals and I wanted colors mixed well- I just really liked that look. also- once it's laid out you can see how the colors work together and if it's doubled- what colors will be against each other that way, too.
On my strands I asked for the string to be knotted on either side of each pearl- that way if it breaks- I don't lose everything!! And it just doesn't look good to knot between each tiny spinel.
Lastly, they had a clasp black rhodium plated for me to blend with the spinels. I know there were some spinels leftover from my project. You could check with Hisano and see if there are enough for yours.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
yingh|1427511198|3853567 said:
Thanks, Cmd!

I've been asked to pick a clasp but I'm lost. I don't want a shiny one. Any recommendations?

PP has a matte finish ball clasp; http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-77-ball-clasp-matte-finish-14k-gold.aspx
If you go with one of those, it will almost look like another pearl.

I'm not sure, but I think 42" is long enough to be "endless" and you can still double it, so no clasp at all.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for pink jewel's suggestion of a black rhodium plated clasp. As for the pearls, they all look really nice, and that middle cherry-ish one looks absolutely delicious.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I've seen the matte clasp that Ennui suggested in person, and it's really pretty. However, if you are going to wear he clasp towards the front for a different look, I would pick something that was more decorative so it is obvious that it is a deliberate decision. When the clasps are attached, there is space where it attaches to the strand, which does not look great. I think it would look awkward to wear a clasp that looks like a pearl, but is not pearl, in the front because you would really see the spaces.

What about a decorative toggle clasp? Or a clasp with diamond accents?

By the way, I absolutely love the pearl indicated with the arrow:

ps_yingh.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results