shape
carat
color
clarity

New PP Vietnamese Baroque Blue Akoya Necklace.

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I'm going to post several comparison shots below. All pearls are from PP.

7.5 mm Vietnamese Baroque Blue Akoyas, 18"

5.5mm Freshadama Metallic white, 16"

8.3-12.1mm Tahitians, AA+/AAA Peackock, Cherry, Green and Gold overtones, 18"

I absolutely LOVE the blue akoyas! They are so incredibly beautiful. In direct sunlight they look more silvery; but, in most lighting they have delicate to intense flashes of pink and blue. Most of the time they look baby blue and baby pink; but, in the shade outside they look much more intensely colored. I seriously love these pearls. Enjoy the "in real life" photos! :appl:

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
One last shot in the shade. Sorry if this is overkill on the photos. I really love my pearls.

_18021.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
You're not the only one who loves your pearls! They are simply gorgeous, each and every strand!

Wear them in good health and please post lots of neck shots. You have a perfect trio in my book!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely pearls! Each are beautiful in their own ways. Can't go wrong with the Vietnamese akoyas and metallic freshadamas.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing trio. You are lucky girl. I will be difficult to choose,what to wear on :wavey:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
All 3 are beautiful in their own way! Love the colors in your Tahitians!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pearls! I especially love both of your baroque strands. Curious, is there much difference between the Vietnamese and Japanese akoya? I think I'm getting a strand for my birthday in a couple of weeks but I don't see any Vietnamese ones on the PP site.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
That blue strand is absolutely beautiful on your neckline. Can we see the other strands on your neck too?

mapo

Shiny_Rock
You have beautiful pearls there. I love the baroque-ness of your akoya strand. All the different shapes are mesmerizing. Congrats on your purchase. :appl:

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I will take more neck shots tomorrow. They seem to photograph best in either indirect sunlight or shade in the afternoon.

My understanding is that the Vietnamese pearls are often better because they produce a thicker nacre which wears down over time, so you want the thickest nacre possible. There is a much better explanation of why the nacre is thicker in Vietnam on 4RanchGirl's last pearl chat video. Can somebody post a link? I'm using my phone to post this and it is harder to post links this way.

These pearls are going to be part of the June sale. I was just too impatient to wait for them and called PP to ask if I could get a strand before the big sale. If you are at all interested in them, I highly reccomend them. They seriously are the most amazing pearls I have ever seen!

Thank you all for the Tahitian compliments too! They were my first pearl purchase. My favorite pearls are the most uniquely shaped and colored pearls. I feel like they give the strand more character.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful trio! I love the blues, of course. The overtones on your peacocks are so lovely -- neck shot please?

leyhuong

Shiny_Rock
Very nice, the colors are so vibrant, what a great buy!

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Eeek! I totally forgot I promised to post neck shots to the Tahitians. I just ran outside and took a few; but, the weather is really sucky here today- overcast and raining, so they don't look as great as the could. Still, I love them. :)

_20080.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Those colors are perfection! You did a great job catching them. That is one beautiful necklace!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I love the way lightly circled Tahitians have such a rainbow of colors! You have a beautiful strand!!!

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I wear them a lot since they go with almost everything. You can't go wrong with a multicolored strand. They are so versatile.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great finds, thanks for sharing!

DK :))

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Love all three! We have similar taste: I have a Tahitian and White Metallic, and thinking about a blue akoya strand. I love all the colors and the luster is outta this world on all three. PP is great, aren't they?

Kay

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1405009083|3710531 said:
I love the way lightly circled Tahitians have such a rainbow of colors! You have a beautiful strand!!!

+1 The colors are divine.

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I got a Vietnamese blue akoya from PP as well and I love them! Stuning!

20170228_123247.jpg

20170228_0.jpg

20170222_154058.jpg

20170228_120833.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results