carat
color
clarity

New pearls - made a bracelet and bought a ring

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
When the new pearls arrived, I was very pleased with the color combo, silvery and blue, like my Kojima rope. But, wouldn't it be perfect to have a Chinese flameball pearl for my bracelet, just like on my Kojima rope? I searched and found a beauty at Druzy Designs on eBay. When it arrived, I knew I had a winner.

Some time ago I had purchased a few sterling clasps set with pretty stones. One of the clasps seemed perfect for this project.

So, a couple of nights ago, I got out the power-pro and strung everything up. I consider this a temp job, just to see how the bracelet fits. So far, I am happy with the results.

Bracelet1682.jpg

Bracelet1683.jpg

Flameball1VendorDruzy.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Some photos of my new pearl bracelet. I would never have thought of this color combo before getting the Kojima rope. I like how the pearls in the bracelet are a bit bigger than those in the rope, yet are definitely in similar color families.

Bracelet1714.jpg

Bracelet1688.jpg

Bracelet1678.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Some more photos of my Kojima rope and new matching bracelet. The bracelet has some champagne pearls that the rope does not, but they are still very pretty pearls. The blue akoya pearls in the rope are dyed, while the South Sea baroque pearls for the bracelet are not. The vendor writes that the colors are silvery dove gray, silver, silvery champagne, champagne and golden champagne metallic and bluish silver glowing overtone (slightly shaded). I ended up not using three of the pearls, including the smallest, bluest pearl. The bracelet length seems just right. I wore it for an entire day, and the Chinese flameball stayed put on top of my wrist, which pleased me a great deal.

Focal1700.jpg

RopeBracelet1693.jpg

RopeBracelet1691.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Finally, yesterday I purchased this Humphrey Tahitian pearl ring, set in stainless steel from a local merchant who is closing his retail store. The grey pearl just seemed in harmony with the steel setting, plus the ring fit perfectly. It is so comfortable, I'm typing while wearing it now. The ring looks tension-set, but the pearl is actually held in place with a steel rod though it.

Link to Humphrey. http://www.humphrey.at/

RingBracelet1726.jpg

RingWParakeet1738.jpg

SVincent1729.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Flygirl, I love the bracelet! Where did you get the findings with the stones? those are lovely :love:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the ring looks great on you!

i'm not a bracelet person......but i'm hoping you do another to wear with it so that it mimics your necklace.

and i'm still in love with that necklace!

MoZo

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I am impressed :appl: :appl: :appl: love the bracelet and the ring too. Enjoy your new treasures.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
artdecogirl|1297016788|2844889 said:
Flygirl, I love the bracelet! Where did you get the findings with the stones? those are lovely :love:
Thank you, ardecogirl. I got the clasps off eBay from tibetanbeads.com. They have lots of sterling clasps set with gemstones.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1297017008|2844893 said:
the ring looks great on you!

i'm not a bracelet person......but i'm hoping you do another to wear with it so that it mimics your necklace.

and i'm still in love with that necklace!

MoZo
Thank you, MoZo. Another bracelet, huh? You are giving me ideas, since I was planning to stop with one. Fortunately, my personal style limits me to one bracelet. :))

Isn't that necklace cool? I would never have put those pearls together, but I love the look. :love:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bean|1297022826|2844966 said:
Lovely colors!!!! Looks great... I love seeing different strands other than the classic kind.

Thank you, bean. I was just telling DH last night that my favorite pieces of jewelry are unique and one-of-a-kind. I prefer pieces that you won't find anywhere else. I think is part of my problem with most of PP. They have lots of lovely pearls, but they end up in classic strands with a rather traditional look.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1297024244|2844981 said:
Ok, I am impressed :appl: :appl: :appl: love the bracelet and the ring too. Enjoy your new treasures.
Thank you, 4Ranch Girl.

How about another picture of the pretty colors in the bracelet and rope?

RopeBracelet1718.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Looks good, I love your new bracelet! You have a good eye for designing. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results