shape
carat
color
clarity

new pearls from CC

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Hi pearl lovers ,
I contacted Catherine about necklace # 2097 .I asked her to choose the least flawed fire balls and make me a tin cup with them . also I asked for a round multicolor ripple necklace . both arrived today . I love the fire ball one , cant decide about the ripple . pics to follow .

dsc01452.jpg

dsc01457.jpg

dsc01459.jpg

ladyzee

Rough_Rock
They are both beautiful!! The lustre and colours in the picture is so obvious, I can only imagine how much more so it is in real life! I think you made excellent choices, enjoy!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Tell us more about the ripples. What makes you unsure?

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
ladyzee
Thanks . yes I am enjoying the pearls very much .

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo
actually I bought cream colored baroque ripples before ,which I returned . it was beautiful but did not have the sharp luster I was looking for . I asked for rounder multicolor ripples this time . the new ripple necklace although very pretty , looks like a metallic multicolor necklace I have . it has ripples but very light ones . I wish I ordered a baroque shape instead of the rounds . but returning to Aus is expensive .

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely pearls :appl: :appl: I bet they look fantastic worn together layered!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I think they are both beautiful. What is the mm on the ripples? I do love very drip ripples. The shape is charming.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
They look lovely. If the not so rippled ones are 8.5 then are others around 6/7mm ? And the fireballs 15/18mm? The luster looks very nice but I know what you mean about the ripples. I saw lots of the 'smooth ripples' at the show as well as the very textured skins. A very different look to one another. If you don't like them as much just send them back and get the rippled ones. Better to have what you want and pay a bit of shipping than be unhappy (if in fact you are unhappy with them). Perhaps it's just that they weren't what you were expecting..give it a day or so and see if you still are unsure. Catherine will certainly sort it out for you, I've bought several things from her and exchanged one..no problems.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
There tincup is such a statement piece it's hard not to love. For ripples tho I tend to prefer bigger and darker ones so the pics don't quite do it for me. I guess better to return than to have a piece sitting in your drawer that you won't wear? Or they could grow on you too. Let us know what you decide! :wavey:

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I do love the ripples, but I am a sucker for them. :saint: The fireball tincup looks amazing on you though!!!! Well done!

If you return it is $20 shipping, and $20more from Cathy's end yeah? Worth it I think, as they are not cheap. But try LT first maybe... I think you need to love them. Just my 2 cents.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
It looks amazing! I would not see how big they are without the modeling shot. Looks great on you!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the more ripple and funkier shaped ones too. I just returned a medium ripple strand to catherine. Wasn't happy with the color. Was about $15 via USPS with full insurance. I do admit I am on pins and needles waiting for it to be delivered to her. Wish I would have tried to sell privately first but also know that most people buying second hand expect a deep discount.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pearl colour is such a subtle and nuanced thing. I love all the gold leaf kasumi-ish ripple pearls but they look like nothing on me, just sink into my skin and disappear. I need a good dose of blue/lavender with my skin tone. I got the most beautiful, metallic pink and gold huge pearl strand in Hong Kong last month and thought 'this one, this one is different, it's so beautiful it must work for me.'
Nah
If the pearls don't shout a loud wow in the mirror then - unless you want very modest and effacing pearls - they need to go back. That's the hazard of buying and selling over the net

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results