shape
carat
color
clarity

New pearls from Catherine Cardellini and Kojima Pearls

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I have to blame iLander and all the lovely ladies in the pearl subforum for these purchases. I just couldn't resist the sale, it's too tempting!

I got an AAA, classic 31 inches freshwater strand, rounds 7.9mm in a silverish, bluish grey colour, kind of like soft moonlight, very subtle overtones. I love the colour!

The luster is good, I don't own many freshwaters, but the luster is as good as the beautiful beaders' special pearls that I got from Pearl Paradise a couple of years ago, and has a soft glow of freshwater pearls, these aren't the metallic variety. The strand is virually blemish free. There're some off rounds in the strand but for the price you can't expect every pearl to be perfectly round, I think her emphasis is on luster and colours. The only gripe is the silver ball clasp which didn't work properly, but that was an easy fix, I just replaced it with a silver lobser clasp.

Catherine is a responsive and responsible seller, overall the transaction was a very easy and pleasant experience.

1594 8mm natural Grey Round Freshwater Pearl Very Long Necklace and Earring Set.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, those are incredible! i love the "cool" color tones.

MoZo

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
This is similiar in colour-scheme to CCN's strand, isn't it? But paler? I love it. I seriously need to actually find one of these strands on her site for myself, but I can't seem to. I recently bought some of the metallic freshies from PP, but I completely appreciate and love these not-so-metallic ones, too. In their own way they are even more beautiful. They feel soft - they whisper rather than scream.

Wantz.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
whitehotblank|1288997883|2756307 said:
This is similiar in colour-scheme to CCN's strand, isn't it? But paler? I love it. I seriously need to actually find one of these strands on her site for myself, but I can't seem to. I recently bought some of the metallic freshies from PP, but I completely appreciate and love these not-so-metallic ones, too. In their own way they are even more beautiful. They feel soft - they whisper rather than scream.

Wantz.

Thank you MZ, peachy and gold doesn't suit me (not regretting the peachy colours but sad that I can't make golds work for me).

WHB, thank you, Catherine has more grey ones on her website, some shorter but with larger pearls, and a really long one that I wanted, alas I'm out of funds and I think I'll wear this length more than the really long strand.

CCN's gorgeous strand is mauve/lavender with goldish green pondslime markings, mine is grey with slight blue, and I think the texture of the pearls are different.

I have these saved on my wishlist, they're similar to mine, HTH:
http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=moreInfo&id=1273

http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=moreInfo&id=1168

http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=moreInfo&id=1086

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I don't think you mean "blame", don't you mean "all credit and due gratitude to"? :lol:

I Love those, LD! :appl: :appl:

I think you will get a lot of use out of those, I love the length. :love: :love:

Where's the neck shots? I would love to see how that length hangs. Are you wrapping it, or what do you do?

Also, the headline promised me Kojima Pearls, I would love to see those as well!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1289007713|2756460 said:
I don't think you mean "blame", don't you mean "all credit and due gratitude to"? :lol:

I think you will get a lot of use out of those, I love the length. :love: :love:

Where's the neck shots? I would love to see how that length hangs. Are you wrapping it, or what do you do?

Also, the headline promised me Kojima Pearls, I would love to see those as well!

No I really meant to blame you for this lol, I've been resisting getting more pearls for over a year now!

It's a nice length worn as a single strand, I think just below the chest. Double up it's a loose-ish choker length. I think I'll wear it more as single and possiblily use a pearl shortener to tie it together.

Here's a photo of the pearls from Kojima, Sarah is very talented and she makes such cool pearl necklaces.

kdn1202__1_large.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems|1289010234|2756490 said:

No I really meant to blame you for this lol, I've been resisting getting more pearls for over a year now!

It's a nice length worn as a single strand, I think just below the chest. Double up it's a loose-ish choker length. I think I'll wear it more as single and possiblily use a pearl shorter to tie it together.

Here's a photo of the pearls from Kojima, Sarah is very talented and she makes such cool pearl necklaces.
I wondered who got that new necklace because it would have come home to me if I had seen it first. I think you snagged it on the same day it was posted. Congratulations on your score!!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
:shock:

Sorry, I was stunned there for a minute. That necklace fro Sarah . . . is really quite amazing . . . :love:

I am just kind of awestruck. . .

I think it deserves it's own thread, LG, when you get that beauty, we totally needs pics!

That is quite a stunner, I am just drooling!

I'm going to short out my computer with all the drool . . .

Okay, ladies, spill it, when does Sarah update her site? If you tell me, I will tell you when Catherine updates hers. . . :naughty:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I too love the length. I want to get some creamy white pearls in that length. I actually have the 2nd link as part of my wishlist that you posted! All of them are lovely.

And Sarah's pearls are just gorgeous too. Both Sarah and Catherine's pearls are lovely and have there own unique style that I have come to love! So glad you joined the Kojima and Catherine club! It is addicting!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
sign, kojima......another grail to find.....

MoZo

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1289011951|2756517 said:
sign, kojima......another grail to find.....

MoZo

Okay, MZ, here's the link, but I warn you, your wallet may not come out alive! :D

http://kojimapearl.com/

I haven't purchased anything yet, but I go over there and drool periodically.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
drooling is ok with me! my eye is discerning but i don't need to develop it to that point!

MoZo

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you 4RG, iLander, CCN and MZ. I will post photos of the necklace next weekend! =)

Sorry 4RG I got it before you could, Sarah is very creative and I let a few favourites slipped through mt fingers too!

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
Will CC adjust the length of a necklace? One of the links was to something I would love to have, but I have this weird thing about not liking that 17 inch length, which seems to be the most popular length. I wonder if she would add pearls for some more $? Thank you also for the link to the rope length necklace. That one is...calling to me.

Kojima pearl is run by someone after my own pearl-heart. Probably the most unique and beautiful piece I've seen in a few months is on that site. I cannot post a link until I decide whether or not to buy it, in case I accidentally put one of you pearl freaks onto it before me and am then forced into robbing you. :D

Surely my lottery win is coming up?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
whitehotblank|1289074921|2756994 said:
Will CC adjust the length of a necklace? One of the links was to something I would love to have, but I have this weird thing about not liking that 17 inch length, which seems to be the most popular length. I wonder if she would add pearls for some more $? Thank you also for the link to the rope length necklace. That one is...calling to me.

Kojima pearl is run by someone after my own pearl-heart. Probably the most unique and beautiful piece I've seen in a few months is on that site. I cannot post a link until I decide whether or not to buy it, in case I accidentally put one of you pearl freaks onto it before me and am then forced into robbing you. :D

Surely my lottery win is coming up?

LOL! Well, I hope that it is there for you when you are able to purchase it. About Catherine adjusting ... it wouldn't hurt to ask her. If you want it long, I am sure she would have to restrand it to make it longer. Making it shorter of course, seems like it would be easier. She is so easy to work with though. She was great when she put a pair of earrings together for me! 8)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
WHB remember to post photos of the Kojima necklace if you get it!

Re CC changing the length of the necklace you'll probably have to ask her about it, probably also depends if she has more matching pearls.

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
Don't worry, Lovingems, if I get the Kojima pearl necklace I will be bombarding the pearl section with photos, exclamation marks and general bragging.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
whitehotblank|1289252481|2758633 said:
Don't worry, Lovingems, if I get the Kojima pearl necklace I will be bombarding the pearl section with photos, exclamation marks and general bragging.
:bigsmile: :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
whitehotblank|1289252481|2758633 said:

So, did you get it? Can we see???? :cheeky:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
whitehotblank|1290119116|2771939 said:
Oh no, not yet. It is $2500+ and I need to decide betyween it and a 17.2mm SS white round pearl for around the same price - both at the same time would be financially idiotic right now. Oh and it is this:

http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/tahitian-leopard-keshi-rope

So y'alls have fair wanring if you're lusting, too. :love:
This photo has me fairly drooling. Fortunately, the price offers sufficient restraint. =)

kdn1194__4_large.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
whitehotblank|1290119116|2771939 said:
Oh no, not yet. It is $2500+ and I need to decide betyween it and a 17.2mm SS white round pearl for around the same price - both at the same time would be financially idiotic right now. Oh and it is this:

http://shop.kojimapearl.com/products/tahitian-leopard-keshi-rope

So y'alls have fair wanring if you're lusting, too. :love:

Ohhhh, I think I got tangled up in this thread, I guess I was looking at LD's XOXO pearl pic at the top.

My brain is elsewhere . . . I hope it's having a good time . . . :bigsmile:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems|1289010234|2756490 said:

It's a nice length worn as a single strand, I think just below the chest. Double up it's a loose-ish choker length. I think I'll wear it more as single and possiblily use a pearl shortener to tie it together.

Okay, this is the one I was thinking of!

SO, LD, neck shots? :appl: neck shots? :appl: neck shots? :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Hi iLander, hope you're well! :wavey:
I will try taking some photos this weekend, the weekend weather had been really horrible lately, fingers crossed tomorrow will be a fine day!

WHB, that Tahitian necklace is gorgeous, modern looking and edgy, please post photos if you decided to get it!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Photos:
1. Freshwater 'keshi' and Tahitian pearl necklace from Kojima Pearls, 36 inches. Note I can't wear it double up in real life because there's no clasp, will need a pearl shortener (solving that dilemma with an Ebay order).

2. Bluish grey pearls 31 inches with a pair of earrings from Catherine Cardellini Pearls. Looks greyer in bright sunlight, more bluish grey indoors, I love it.

3. Tahitian baroques from Druzy design, I made a pair of earrings from the loose strand, found another loose pearl on the floor several days later and set it into a Hibiscus pendant from Maui.

4. Freshwater pearls from Pearl Paradise's beader special, with a lapis bead ( I think it's reconstituted lapis). Lilac sapphire rondelle necklace, and I so want to get a Kasumi pendant for it.

Edit: The photos' order were reversed when posted. So first photo is number 4 etc etc.

IMG_0190 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0194 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0198 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0200 (1024x768).jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
LG_

That XOX necklace from Sarah is PURE EYE CANDY!! :love: :love: I spent quite a while just gazing at it. It is a real beauty, congrats. I would just wear that all the time, it would be my signature piece. Her pieces are a little pricey, but worth every penny, IMHO.

Catherine always has such nice size pearls, doesn't she? Her size to price ratio is very good. Love that soft gray! :appl:

We must get a neck shot on the Tahitians! Drool-worthy! :cheeky: :cheeky:

Please tell me the millimeter sizes on the pearls, and I will steal them for the neck shots thread.

Don't think much of your model though. . . she seems kind of stiff . . . . :lol:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I first saw the pearls draped on what I thought was your neck....... I was like, I am jealous, look how perfectly smooth and flawless your neckline looks. :lol: Oh I just love ALL of your pearls! The Drusy tahitians look almost flawless! Catherine's pearls ...well what can I say, I am a huge fan........as well as the Keshi/Tahitians from Sarah! My jaw hit the floor on those! A piece like no other will have! Just BEAUTIFUL!! :love:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I would like to see more picture of druzy's tahitian strand. Is it peacock or green overtone? The pearls are pretty much smooth drape.

I think Kojima's keshi and tahitian strand gave me some ideas. I have some loose tahitian pearls that I can add to some FW strand. I won't do the gold x's though.

Thank you for sharing. They are beautiful pieces. Enjoy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results