shape
carat
color
clarity

My very first strand

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys,
finally got around to taking some photos of my pearls this morning. My husband bought me this strand on a whim a few years ago when we were in a small town near where my parents live. I don't know much about pearls - would these be considered keshi pearls? They are freshwater, with many imperfections and are not even close to round. I love them but compared to my PP freshwater metallic strand (which I will post photos of in my other thread in a moment) they're not great quality.
Now for the photos.

100_4150.JPG

100_4153.JPG

100_4152.JPG

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Two more photos - I think the strand is about 16 inches long, but here it's wrapped around my wrist for photo purposes :)

100_4154.JPG

100_4155.JPG

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I really like those :appl:

They are potato pearls, which refers to their shape being like weeny little potatoes, isn't that cute? :bigsmile:

I think they are very nice and an excellent versatile length. Perfect for over sweaters, and because they're smaller they go with a simple black tee shirt. They're not as formal as your PP freshies and are a great item for a pearl wardrobe. Don't be quick to dismiss them, they will be the perfect accessory for a lot of outfits if you just give them a try.

If you ever decide you want to change out the clasp, you can find lots of pretty clasps on bead or jewelry supply websites and send it with the pearls to Catherine at http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com,, I think she charges about $30 plus shipping.

Plus you have a wonderful memory!

I think they're great =)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
oh iLander, I didn't' mean to put them down. I do love them and wear them quite frequently - they're just in a bit of a different class (particularly luster-wise) to my PP metallics. One of the things I love best about these (potato - now I know - thanks!) pearls is that they can be very casual, just like me :bigsmile:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Lovely first strand choice! They won't be your last.... ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results